No announcement yet.

Tippey764: 1992 International 3800 DTA360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tippey, you do buy some weird stuff. but like above, i do like it.

Slam that big boy, throw the boost to it, turn the pump up, would be a blast.

what about some curtains and some vip stuff ? LOL'd.

Has anyone done a hellaflush school bus? LOL'd.

I was at a Good Guys event once, there was one that was kind of rat rodded with this state prison graphics all lowered and stuff. There was more people looking at it than the expensive cars there.

Oh wait, just had a better idea. Schoolbus Autocross. LOL'd. That would be a blast, throwing that big monster into a hair pin curve going about 45mph. LOL. I am laughing out loud typing this. BAHAHA!

Please, PLease keep the roof rack. LOL!!!
    Last edited by alan lx; 04-07-2013, 11:01 PM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Why???

This doesn't require a CDL or other special operators license?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I got excited when you showed me the pics the other night. Now that you have it, this is awesome! I can't wait to see what you guys do with it.

Big old buses are bad ass!

Comment

I have a friend who actually collects old buses. Especially, Bluebirds. he would be all over this thread if he was a member here.

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
          Why???

In most states yes. You're required to have a CDL to legally drive one.

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          lol

This thing is so underpowered its not even funny. Alright it is. Really though it needs more power. I need to learn more about how it works first though. Its a fully mechanical diesel.

Most buses, when used for schools, which this one was at one point, are governed to go no more than 55 miles per hour. Sometimes it's an electronic govern, often times, a gear is blocked off so that you can't go into a higher gear, and sometimes, the gearing is geared to govern the speed. I would look into what kind of governing system it has in it.
          Last edited by dysfunk; 04-08-2013, 01:11 AM.
          92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
          2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

I believe you not only need a CDL, but one with P for passenger endorsement.

In any case, awesome pickup dude!

Im hella jealous....what a cool project among friends!

Comment

Damn Tipp, nice bus

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Commercial Driver License
                The Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1986 was passed to establish minimum
                standards for the testing and licensing of interstate and intrastate truck and bus drivers. A
                “commercial motor vehicle” means a motor vehicle or combination used in commerce to
                transport passengers or property. You must have a commercial driver license to operate
                the following commercial motor vehicles:

1. A vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 26,000 pounds.
                2. A combination of trailer and towing unit which exceeds 26,000 pounds GVWR
                with the trailer exceeding 10,000 pounds GVWR.
                3. A vehicle designed to transport more than 15 passengers (including the driver).
                4. Any size vehicle which transports hazardous materials which requires placarding
                So, if the bus comes out to under 26,000 lbs GVWR after the RV conversion, then you'd only need a standard drivers license (Class C) in order to operate the bus on the road. I know, #3, but after the conversion its technically not a bus anymore.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

You think they are going to come out under that 26k mark after?

Idk about that one.

Pretty cool if you can pull it off.

And yea 3 would probably be null and void as long as the seats are removed.

Not sure which angle they're going with the conversion, but if it can't physically seat people then they should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by alan lx View Post
                    Tippey, you do buy some weird stuff. but like above, i do like it.

Slam that big boy, throw the boost to it, turn the pump up, would be a blast.

what about some curtains and some vip stuff ? LOL'd.

Has anyone done a hellaflush school bus? LOL'd.

I was at a Good Guys event once, there was one that was kind of rat rodded with this state prison graphics all lowered and stuff. There was more people looking at it than the expensive cars there.

Oh wait, just had a better idea. Schoolbus Autocross. LOL'd. That would be a blast, throwing that big monster into a hair pin curve going about 45mph. LOL. I am laughing out loud typing this. BAHAHA!

Please, PLease keep the roof rack. LOL!!!
                    A blast? Even with all of those mods its just going to better help it maintain highway speeds lol

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                    Why???

Yes and no, i will answer everyones concerns below

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                    In most states yes. You're required to have a CDL to legally drive one.

Most buses, when used for schools, which this one was at one point, are governed to go no more than 55 miles per hour. Sometimes it's an electronic govern, often times, a gear is blocked off so that you can't go into a higher gear, and sometimes, the gearing is geared to govern the speed. I would look into what kind of governing system it has in it.
                    Its not governed really, its just very poorly geared. 65mph is 2800rpm which is near the engines maximum RPM, I wouldn't want to rev it any higher than that.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    I believe you not only need a CDL, but one with P for passenger endorsement.

In any case, awesome pickup dude!

Im hella jealous....what a cool project among friends!
                    Kinda again

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                    So, if the bus comes out to under 26,000 lbs GVWR after the RV conversion, then you'd only need a standard drivers license (Class C) in order to operate the bus on the road. I know, #3, but after the conversion its technically not a bus anymore.
                    gvwr is not the vehicles weight, its what its rated to carry. It weighs nothing close to 27500 ( its GVWR ) even with the seats in it.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    You think they are going to come out under that 26k mark after?

Idk about that one.

Pretty cool if you can pull it off.

And yea 3 would probably be null and void as long as the seats are removed.

Not sure which angle they're going with the conversion, but if it can't physically seat people then they should be good.

Heres how a CDL will matter or not

If this was registered as a school bus you would need a CDL, its over 26k gvwr and holds alot of people

If its registered as a private vehicle with a gvwr over 26k you would need a CDL

Right now its registered as a " multi purpose vehicle " with a gvwr of " 3700+ "
                    making it so i do not need a CDL, even though it has air brakes it doesn't matter.

I'm getting a non commercial class B ( 26,001 + gvwr ) just to be safe but i don't need one to drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Heres how a CDL will matter or not

If this was registered as a school bus you would need a CDL, its over 26k gvwr and holds alot of people

If its registered as a private vehicle with a gvwr over 26k you would need a CDL

Right now its registered as a " multi purpose vehicle " with a gvwr of " 3700+ "
                      making it so i do not need a CDL, even though it has air brakes it doesn't matter.

I'm getting a non commercial class B ( 26,001 + gvwr ) just to be safe but i don't need one to drive it.
                      even if you did need a CDL, fuck da police!
                      visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                        even if you did need a CDL, fuck da police!
                        Also yeah, since this is non commercial a CDL is completely out of the question.

Comment

Yea, I know what GVWR stands for and what it means, no need to be a tool about it.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                            Yea, I know what GVWR stands for and what it means, no need to be a tool about it.
                            Well sorry but the way how you were saying i could lower isn't possible. No matter what i do it will always have a 27,500 gvwr. They aren't going to adjust its rating because i put different stuff inside of it.

Comment

My car has a bigger engine than your bus.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                My car has a bigger engine than your bus.
                                your car dont run!
                                visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
                                X