Comment

Might just scrap this shit block.

Comment

Are those pitted???

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          Are those pitted???
          No it's not that bad I was just pissed off cause it's one thing after another.

I can polish the crank if it's not out of round or tapered.

It's got scoring but it won't catch a nail on the rod journals. Gonna check the mains on Sunday when I have time.

Joes gave me a mad good deal on stuff. They said they would polish the crank for 35 and check bored for round for free. I might just stone hone the block myself if it's not too tapered.

Comment

Chem dip works hellagood. I probably need one more soak on these cause the ring lands are still black with carbon.

Here's the main bearing/journal verdict.

They stunk like hell when I took them off. Like, the oil in there stunk like sulfuric asscheese.

All the mains look better than the rod journals, but the outer one just barely, and I mean BARELY catches my pinky nail. Gonna mic them tomorrow.

Bearings don't look too good though..

Comment

Got my header setup so that it will clear the bulkhead.

I'm dragging ass on this... Once I get my taxes I'll have updates that are worth a shit.

Comment

Whats wrong with the block anyway. You said you might just scrap it.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Block itself is good, the crank and rod bearings/journals look bad. The block is all I'm using from the ABA so it was just frustrating.

Another block is as much as a crank shipped to me. Depending on the price I might just machine down 10 and get different size bearings. Either way it's workable.

Comment

fuck yeah.

No more bare doors. They're soooooo dirty though. Gonna redo the material on these eventually.

Comment

Trunk bump. I'm going to sticker bomb it hence the gorilla tape.

My Parts4vw.com sticker

And a plastic thing flew off a truck bed and hit my driver side headlight. So I'm back to rat.

Comment

Alright! Did you ever get the amp set up the way you like it?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I did mess with it a bit. I haven't tuned it, but I don't need to turn it up lots for bass that'll make you burp, haha. It doesn't distort at 25 so I keep it there, and the radio only goes up to 35 anyway. I love the way it sounds with thrash actually. I put in my Kill 'em All album and it's soooo clear and nice. Then when I want to thump, I just turn it down a bit and rattle my rear view off.

I'll have more updates soon. I got a 268 cam, lifters, my exhaust/header, and I ordered a MLS head gasket, head seal set, clutch/flywheel, and some fender flares. I'm going to wait on installing the flares cause my wheels aren't wide enough(yet). I'm going to get some Bassetts or some white 021 drift star wheels from summit. Cause you know, FWD drift car.. Duh.

I also pulled the plug on the 2.0 NA. I'm thinking I'm going to keep the block and build it over time for boost. I'm thinking a Garrett T03 with 83mm JE pistons on mega squirt. That or take out the VR6 from my Jetta and put that into it. Maybe...

Comment

Ahhh!

I got my new bump stick, oil pump, ordered lifters, and got some seals in the mail.

Oh but what's this?

Y U NO RITE 1ST TIME!?!

They're sending me another one.
                            Last edited by F22Chris; 06-24-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

God damn! Send me the right shit!

I went to my local Import shop (Myco) and ordered some lifters. What I got was is kind of annoying.

6 are INA brand, and 2 are Meyle.

The black INA have a farther protruding lifter than the silver Meyle/INA ones.

See how they stick out farther compared to these?

What the fuck is this? Even the cup is different. If my stuff from RA gets here fucked up I'm going to flip the fuck out. Nothing has gone right with this fucking build so far. Techtonics sent me a free T-shirt though which was cool. Got a MLS head gasket, HD dual springs, and HD valve seals from them as well. Awesome customer service over there.

Comment

Time to flip shit over. That is unacceptable.
                                Anyway, have you tried ecstuning? I'm about to order parts for my e46. The Bimmer crowd seems to like them.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X