No announcement yet.

F22Chris : 1991 VW Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I do, no flipping will happen. I'll just start showing people what the inside of their fucking walls look like. Dude, Techtonics is a great company. I just happened to get a dud. Which I'm willing to accept happens. But not EVERY FUCKING THING I get to be a dud. First the handful of accidents, then the block, then the fucking toilet thing falling off a truck and smashing my headlight, then cam, now lifters.

Somebody is going to fucking get it soon. I'm in a throat punching, wallet stealing kind of mood right now.

Maybe if I get rachet they'll give me free stuff.

Edit: I went in with a professional attitude, the dude there kinda gave me attitude. He changed his tone when we started talking a bit and sorted it out for me. We couldn't figure out what car the black lifters go into, but he got me 4 more silver ones in like 45 minutes which was cool.

Sonik, I've done business with ECS. They're a great company, just expensive as all hell. We're dealing German here though so I cant bitch. For he most part, they sell stuff that RA does. They also sell 42DD which is probably the only company who makes test pipes for VWs and stuff.
    Last edited by F22Chris; 06-25-2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Parts!

Should have he rest of the stuff here within the next two weeks or so.

Comment

So which of the new parts is fucked up? Lol just messing man.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
          So which of the new parts is fucked up? Lol just messing man.
          Ha! Hopefully none! I need to check the new oil pump clearances though. Hopefully all is good.

I just ordered a 2.25" exhaust, flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts, and transmission/axle seals. My cam, MLS head gasket, and valve seals should be here Friday.

I said fuck it on letting my shop buddies crush bend some piping. I'm just going to weld a 2.5" to 2.25" adapter pipe to a 82mm 3-bolt flange as a test pipe and call it done. Parts for the exhaust I wanted were $250. So why not bust out the $20 extra for a dyno proven, mandrel bent name brand one with a mangaflow?

Im starting to get excited! It's honestly a really good time to have this stuff getting done. My lifter tick is so bad now, it doesn't really stay gone when warmed up, and I found two coolant leaks, and the valve cover is leaking already. Cool thing about g12 coolant is that it forms a blue crust where it leaks so you can find them easier.

Comment

I'm going to be on the parts train like that soon too.
            You have a long weekend coming up...I expect major updates.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yeah man. July will be a good month for sure. I will have updates on the other parts, and then it's on. I really want this done before school starts back up.

Comment

To hell with a damn $100 test pipe from 42DD. I made my own for $7.88, and three minutes of welding. It's supposed to be angled by the way.

Now I have my exhaust planned out. Stoked.

Comment

nothing like saving money and doing work... Keep it up Chris
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

More parts!

Now I just need my other shipment, and an o2 sensor. I also got a timing belt kit.

Comment

I have to go to MD Anderson till Friday, but when I get back its happening. My package should be here Wednesday.

I'm excited!

Comment

My package got to my house yesterday. When I get home I'll take some pics of what I got. Mom has one more round of chemo for this trip, and then the 12 hour drive back.. Then straight to work. Fuck sleep.

Comment

Mandrel bent magnaflow exhaust from TT, clutch hardware, transmission shaft/push rod seal, exhaust studs/copper lock nuts.

Comment

Awww shit son. I need to start a page in this section too. I feel left out lol.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Pressure plate and rear main

Clutch and flywheel

Push rod seal and shaft seal

Throw out bearing

Buttoned up

Aaaaaaaand after ALL that, I just realized I got the wrong torque specs for the pressure plate to crank bolts so it is coming back off. Fuck.. The correct specs are 22lbs + 1/4 turn. I did 75lbs.. I'm kind of defeated in terms of muscle fatigue. Another day.....

Comment

Another day was today.

I got the transmission off, retorqued the bolts (which weren't close to tight enough), clutch, transmission back, and starter on in 2 hours. Fuck yeah.

Now it's just two mounts, cable, axles, linkage, and fluid. If I can get a boot kit, I should have it back running tomorrow. One axle has the outer boot ripped. It doesn't pop so I'm going to rebuild it.

All in all good day! I'm getting drunk now.

Comment

Working...
                                X