xwade01 : 1990 Eclipse GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xwade01
    Dv8 - I didn't rebuild block since thats the way I got it. I know it needs paint, but thats a little least of my worries.

owequitit - The only reason why they are hard to keep running is a lot of people don't know what there doing. Have to do upgrades in steps, and no half ass jobs and keeping up on maintenance. Then all is good.

GHOST 2.2 - The reason why I changed to a 2g manifold is because they are a lot better than the junk ass 1g's. Less prone to crack, better flow, and a simple upgrade for the 1g. Everything else is stock 1g parts, so thats all good!

I've known lots of people with lots of DSM's who KNEW what they were doing.

Even with regular care, and OEM parts, replaced to OEM specs, they still break a lot.

At least everyone I have ever encountered. In their defense, it usually isn't a major engine component, at least at first. It is almost always some auxiliary thing.

Or the trannies.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Oh nice, fresh 4g63s are sick...my friends eclipse dips. His is always fuckin up tho they cost alot but are fun...
      Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

why do people bash them? cause even the dedicated owner knows they arent reliable..your naive..youll learn

i wanted one to..but after researching i decided no..they can be VERY quick..but i dont need something just quitting on me at any second. done right they are quick but..still dissapointing at times

Comment

I stay clear of dsms...i owned one and my brother still have his 95 gs but them shits are sooo hard to work on but the gs-t and gsx are really fn to drive i might add Get that shit repainted jet black bro
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

owequitit - That is true, but they still don't deserve all the dis-respect they get. It's like judging someone without getting to know them.

Accordpwnz0r - Yeah this thing is pretty fresh. I was thinking of getting block rebuilt since head is basically brand new, but that'll wait.

DhN - They can be disappointing at times, but with all the proper work and maintenance they are fine. As far as me "being naive" thats an over statement. I am confident in my DSM and always will be. I'm not looking to get down into HIGH HP/TQ numbers, or a super fast 1/4 time. I wanted something that was factory turbo, and would be fun with some mods.

Gemini - There pretty simple to work on when you get to know them. A lot different then Honda/Acura's but I like them. The respray will be happening sometime down the road. It'll either be just a regular gloss black, or a jet black respray.

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
            ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
            ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

hey man, nice car! perfect sleeper. ive always wanted a DSM to do a crazy build on. theyre so fun to drive and pull hard. what kind of plans to you got for that beast?
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Lol well if you take a look at the "Future Mod" list you'll see! But as of right now I have the Treadstone FMIC, 2.5" charge pipes, Greddy Turbo Timer, and my 2.5" custom piping for the Catback Exhaust and the DP waiting to be installed. I'm waiting on this guy to get back to me. He has a 91 Plymouth Laser with some good bolt-ons, and he's asking $500 for the car I think since it's all fucked up, but we'll see!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                ALOW1, TheNextAZN

ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

yea i noticed after i typed all that stuff. o well. anyways nice car and good luck.

Comment

Thanks man! It's a diamond in the rough right now, but after I get that respray for Jet Black it's gona be sexy!!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                    ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Well way earlier today (the 7th) I started to mount up and measure for my charge pipes and the FMIC. It's gona be a little more difficult than I thought since the AC Condensor is in the damn way!! So now i'm torn between keeping the AC or removing everything to fit the FMIC in the bumper perfectly. I also have to re-route the OEM Oil Cooler thats on the side, just for more clearance. But thats fine since I was planning on moving it somewhere else so it could breathe a lot better!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

UPDATE: The Eclipse is just chillen in my driveway right now. I blew the headgasket awhile ago. I took it up to 23psi, which in my case was a bad idea. But very fun! Anywho heres some part updates.

2.5" Downpipe
                        2.5" Catback Exhaust (Cat delete)
                        2.5" Dual Tip Muffler (Painted black to look stock)
                        Greddy Turbo Timer

I am replacing the head gasket with a Cometic HG and then it'll be back on the road again!!

Oh and hers an exhaust clip when I got the exhaust done forever ago!
                        Exhaust Clip

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                        ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

with a new paint job it'll be looking good......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Thanks mann!! So did you listen to that exhaust clip?? Haha it's too funny now that I watch it again!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                            ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Originally posted by xwade01
                              UPDATE: The Eclipse is just chillen in my driveway right now. I blew the headgasket awhile ago. I took it up to 23psi, which in my case was a bad idea. But very fun! Anywho heres some part updates.
                              23 psi! how long did that last? lol. i'll bet it was fun while it did. actually, you're kinda lucky you didnt do anything worse. thats not too much damage for that much pressure. and i see you got a bunch of new parts. sounds good too man. try to get some videos when you get it back on the road.

Comment

OOOooooo....I like that! 1st gen fliplights!!!!

Yo...16G FTW upgrade it to the BIG 16G
                                92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                                My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
                                X