Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thought about it long and hard about steeringwheels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    thought about it long and hard about steeringwheels

    I have basically a stock steeringwheel on my civic hatch looking to do a little something different. Looking to see which kind of new steeringwheel thats more sporty but without going overboard almost like the evo 9 so to speak but with horn buttons you know.

    #2
    Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
    I have basically a stock steeringwheel on my civic hatch looking to do a little something different. Looking to see which kind of new steeringwheel thats more sporty but without going overboard almost like the evo 9 so to speak but with horn buttons you know.
    Type R brother, luckily civics have a performance version of every model and each one of those has a sporty steering wheel; we can only use prelude or different model accord
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

    Comment


      #3
      ^ or swap to a CD rack and have access to S2000, EK Civic, and everything else good



      For a Civic though, what year? EG shares the same spline as the Integra, so you can use the ITR wheels, and if its an EK body Civic, then you can use CTR, S2000, etc.
      Last edited by Corweena; 05-29-2017, 03:12 AM.

      Comment


        #4
        I'm wanting to see about making a DC2-R wheel work in the CB. Very classy design, and can retain the airbag. The CL1 Euro-R looks to have the same wheel, just with a silver H. Think that'll direct swap into a CB?



        Had to look up what an Evo 9 wheel looks like... no thanks.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-29-2017, 04:15 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          I'm wanting to see about making a DC2-R wheel work in the CB. Very classy design, and can retain the airbag. The CL1 Euro-R looks to have the same wheel, just with a silver H. Think that'll direct swap into a CB?



          Had to look up what an Evo 9 wheel looks like... no thanks.
          I believe you have to swap to a CD column for that steering wheel to work.
          [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

          Comment


            #6
            How about aftermarket with the hub quick release?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
              How about aftermarket with the hub quick release?
              My 2 buddies that are hardcore civic hatch fans swear by Nardi steering wheels.
              Not sure why lol. They have the whole racing seat/5pt harness w/Nardi steering with NRG hub quick release. The quick release does help them get into the car easier, since the racing seat is non adjustable. But its all in the setup as a whole. Obviously, don't cheap out. you wouldn't want it to snap or bend during driving, which lower quality ones will.

              Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
              My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
              Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

              Comment


                #8
                After watching ThatDudeInBlue break the rim off the spokes of his steering wheel just trying to pull the wheel off the hub (it was stuck on there even after unbolting, for whatever reason), I'll never buy an NRG product. Probably Works Bell for the hub, and Nardi/Momo/Personal/Sparco for the wheel.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-30-2017, 10:38 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'm thinking about getting a wood grain Momo myself. Just be careful of the eBay shit.
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SMxB4RpCDzA

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                    After watching ThatDudeInBlue break the rim off the spokes of his steering wheel just trying to pull the wheel off the hub (it was stuck on there even after unbolting, for whatever reason), I'll never buy an NRG product. Probably Works Bell for the hub, and Nardi/Momo/Personal/Sparco for the wheel.
                    DUDE, same!

                    I was sad though, because I thought it looked good in the 240, but the new Momo looks fine too.

                    I was thinking about a NRG, until I saw that video.
                    I'm faster then a prius

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I've got an NRG hub (normal, not quick release) and Momo steering wheel in the Miata. I wouldn't have gone NRG, but the car came that way. I haven't tried taking the wheel off, but I have no complaints about how it operates as it is now.

                      I don't know exactly what design the wheel is. Judging by the leather, I can assume it's an OLD wheel.
                      Pics can be seen in the first post on my thread about the car:
                      http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=208237






                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                        I'm wanting to see about making a DC2-R wheel work in the CB. Very classy design, and can retain the airbag. The CL1 Euro-R looks to have the same wheel, just with a silver H. Think that'll direct swap into a CB?
                        The Integra one will not. The spline is not the same. You need to convert to a CD column, and then run either a Euro R Accord wheel, or an EK9 CTR wheel. They are virtually the same, but I believe the CTR wheel also has the red H.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I have a sparco wheel, hub, and quick release and it feels really good. Lash is very low. I like the thick suede.
                          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing - Chassis Dynamics Data

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Cost?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              For all 3 it was in the 650 range. 250 for the wheel, 330 for the quick release, and about 80 for the hub. But to find a quick release that isn't junk you're going to spend about 250-300. The sparco is nice because it's keyed and it has a redundancy lock so the wheel can't slip off.
                              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing - Chassis Dynamics Data

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X