No announcement yet.

V6 Accord motor in 1940 Chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just curiouis to as what lead u to cb7tuner to seek info on nothing cb7 related lol its all good and it seems ur getting ur answers i was just wondering

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

whoa this guy is serious, period.

Comment

Originally posted by buckt3
        thanks guys for the info ricks racing will not program an ecu so i am going to buy an 1995 ecu and go from their. my other question is does anybody know what the easiest way it would be to mount the 700r4 tranny to that block
        you'll be missing 2 cylinders or v-tec with that ecu.

.:1993 EX-R Sedan:..:psyphredotcom:..:mrtazzymotorsports:.

Comment

Originally posted by psyphre
          you'll be missing 2 cylinders or v-tec with that ecu.
          the 1995 v6 ECU
          da9b16 is a great seller very quick shipping and great parts

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            why do you need to reprogram the ECU if its the proper ECU for the motor, and you have the full harness?
            the security system in the ecu will not let the motor turn over until the right key is put in.

Originally posted by J-specCb4'
            just curiouis to as what lead u to cb7tuner to seek info on nothing cb7 related lol its all good and it seems ur getting ur answers i was just wondering
            the chevy and motor is my dads. i got a 1990 accord. the only reason i am on this site is because of my accord. My dad needs to know about putting the motor in his Chevy so i figured t would ask.

Comment

Not to sound like a dick, but when you posted that you we're going to do this swap and conversion, I thought you would have done your research and knew what you were getting into.

You're gonna ned a good machinist and some hardcore equipment to get that trans up to the motor. Modify the R4 flywheel to bolt up to the motor. Then bolt the torque converter to it. take measurements of the R4 bellhousing length and diameter and the starter opening and all that crap. Then you need to make a new bellhousing that uses those dimensions, except has the bolt holes for the motor and still holds the starter fine. Or you can make an adapter plate but that is not as strong and will not hold up for as long. Of course you also need to rig the kick-down cable, custom mounts, run the trans cooler lines and a few other things. It's not an easy task and not something you can do in your backyard with handtools.

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

i have a full (complete) working space air tools, welder, cutter, car lift, and all the crap that is going to be required. plus i have access to a full machine shop. I also have a full set of manuals (from honda & chevy) so the only thing i will need is ecu tuning and flex-plate re-ballanced. And i figured that i could get a few good ideas so everything will go eaiser.

Comment

bump

Comment

You may be better off using the ECU from a 2001-2002 Accord V6, as it will have all the same features that you need, minus the knock sensor. It probably has the provision for it, but will need it to be enabled.

www.V6performance.net has an add on computer that will help you get the ECU to do what you want...

Good luck, it sounds like it could turn out really cool.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Bump^ I wanna see this project in action. If someone can put a gas guzzler in import, why not put a gas saver in a domestic? How much does the domestic weigh anyways? Is it comparable to the 04 accord in weight?
                      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Eh, its ok I guess.

Personaly I'd have gone old school and used the Inline GM 6
                        Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

why? you'll have more expence and worry than it would be worth. what are you going to do for the converter? what fly wheel? how are you going to mount the motor to the frame? what mounts? how about mounting the engine to the trany? what about running the fuel supply? what about emmisions? proper conveters? isnt the 04 accord drive by wire? sure it would be cool, but it'll be like most major conversion/ projects. a, never start, b, never finish or c,never run right.

i'm not being an ass, just being realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                            Somebody ate mag and aluminum polish again...
                            LOL. He must have had a fair amount of spray bomb too

Comment

I'd be very upset if dude got this motor in a 1940 Chevy before someone else got one in a CB...

Anyways you don't need to reprogram the ECU, just find a way to wire it up. Good luck on your project.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                                I'd be very upset if dude got this motor in a 1940 Chevy before someone else got one in a CB...

Anyways you don't need to reprogram the ECU, just find a way to wire it up. Good luck on your project.

That depends on whether or not he wants to take advantage of the 1940's emmissions laws or not...
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X