Me vs. some integra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me vs. some integra

Not sure of his mods, but at least wheels, lowered, and exhaust. It was a dc2.

From a dig through the top of third for me. I got him off the line and he didn't gain any ground until I shifted into third, then his front bumper came up to my shoulder and that was the closest he got.

My mods(engine anyways): H23 plenum/a6 runners, bored tb, blacktrax ims, iab plate deleted, bisimoto IM gasket, intake, exhaust, header, stage 1 race clutch, pt6 ecu on a f22a1, stock cat and midpipe

DX coupe 5 speed with a sound system and about 50lbs more of tools and other crap in the trunk.

Anyways, bolt on cb's can beat bolt on teg's. Big mystery unraveled(not really) yay.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds about right. When I had a stock 5spd lx, I ran my buddies dc2 LS with minor bolt ons, and he put like 4 cars on me by 3rd gear lol.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
      Sounds about right. When I had a stock 5spd lx, I ran my buddies dc2 LS with minor bolt ons, and he put like 4 cars on me by 3rd gear lol.
      Yeah, I enjoyed it. It was a good, close race, but I won. I've seen the car around many times before. The guy goes to school here I'm almost positive, so I'll see what he's got done to it.

Comment

cool race

Comment

I found the owner today and talked to him. Turns out its a GSR with intake, exhaust, and header. He got a shitty launch which is why I won.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
            He got a shitty launch which is why I won.
            Everyones excuse lol.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
            New people click here

Comment

Originally posted by kelton View Post
              Everyones excuse lol.
              LOL, But nice kill
              Accord Of The Month January 09
              Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
              BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Shitty driving led to his dimise.he had the faster car but you had the skills.

Comment

Yeah, its true. Although, I was kind of surprised at the rate he was catching up. By that I mean I thought it would have been alot more. Strip my trunk, and get a cam upgrade and that would probably be about all it takes to keep up.

I've never seen a cb vs a gsr until my own race. I just figured they would be WAY faster, but they really aren't. This guy said that LS integras acually will beat his car off the line because of the different power bands...which I can believe. The B18 in the gsr has to scream to make power.

Comment

Yeah, its true. Although, I was kind of surprised at the rate he was catching up. By that I mean I thought it would have been alot more. Strip my trunk, and get a cam upgrade and that would probably be about all it takes to keep up.

I've never seen a cb vs a gsr until my own race. I just figured they would be WAY faster, but they really aren't. This guy said that LS integras acually will beat his car off the line because of the different power bands...which I can believe. The B18 in the gsr has to scream to make power.
                    My friend has a GSR and it's a blast to drive though. Definitely need the higher rpms, but what honda doesn't?
                    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Personally I wouldnt strip your trunk. It sounds like a good idea at first but then you end up regretting it lol. At least I did

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                      New people click here

Comment

Originally posted by kelton View Post
                        Personally I wouldnt strip your trunk. It sounds like a good idea at first but then you end up regretting it lol. At least I did
                        Doing that wouldn't be on impulse, as I have thought about it a long time. I've had it stripped before anyway, but only temporarily. There was a noticeable difference in acceleration.

Comment

Doing that wouldn't be on impulse, as I have thought about it a long time. I've had it stripped before anyway, but only temporarily. There was a noticeable difference in acceleration.
                          placebo affect?

I had my accord like 1/2 gutted b/c I was working on it. Missing 2 door panels, back seat, and gutted trunk. I didn't notice anything.
                          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                            placebo affect?

I had my accord like 1/2 gutted b/c I was working on it. Missing 2 door panels, back seat, and gutted trunk. I didn't notice anything.
                            Back seat, subwoofer, my tools, spare tire, jack, and the plastic panels all add up to equal the weight of a small person 100lbs-ish. Doesn't your car feel slower when there's an extra person in it? That's not the point of this thread anyway.

Comment

Back seat, subwoofer, my tools, spare tire, jack, and the plastic panels all add up to equal the weight of a small person 100lbs-ish. Doesn't your car feel slower when there's an extra person in it? That's not the point of this thread anyway.
                              nice race....i also raced a GSR a while back but he beat me about 3 or 4 cars, my car is auto though.

my car feels slower when i got a full tank and a person with me

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X