No announcement yet.

90 CB7 vs RSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The H series is obsolete if you're building the motor. The F and K series heads have greater flow and the blocks are can be made equivalently, or more powerful. I could be wrong about this, but I believe the F22a intake ports actually still outflow the K series...not by much but they do. The K series has better exhaust ports though.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This thread makes me lol. BTW, olock13b, the weight you stated is only relevant for 02-04 rsx-s's, as the 05-06's come in at 2850lbs. Also remember when watching the video's on the youtube account typegdizzle, that the driver weighs 225lbs and the passenger is another 170lbs, and none of the other cars had passenger's..... If someone would like to show me that k20 w/ intake&header vs h22 with bolt-ons is a drivers race, I'll be at the ATL meet. Not being cocky, just seen this debate enough already.....

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
        I know this, this is why I brought age into this discussion as a factor. I stated a basis for my argument solely on the fact that the H has been out for quite a while compared to the K. I made numerous points off this argument.

When the H came out, you weren't seeing many of the swaps on the road right off the bat. It took years for it to happen. Just as it will for the K.
        that is mostly bc technology has advanced over the years. H22's have been around since late 91. they werent a popular swap until 2001. i did my first h22 swap in 03. and all the civics and teg around here didnt want to run me. the kseries have made more advances the h22 i less time bc of technology.

Originally posted by olock13bt View Post
        Well there is a giant flaw in that statement: You have more power then those accords, a good race header on that car can make 15-20whp, and I have seen k-pro's make 15whp in stock form, plus you add an intake, maybe 5whp, atleast that was the number I saw on my RSX-S. The car makes 170ish whp in stock form, after those mods you are looking at 205-215WHP (there are plenty of cases out there that make even more then 215WHP, but let's stay conservative) verse a car that is putting down maybe 185WHP.

Now ChampCoupe said in the, H22 drag times, that he ran a 14.5 with 185WHP with similar mods to you (1996 Accord 4DR EX (3020lbs) which is 140-200lbs heavier then a CB7 and almost 300lbs heavier then a RSX-S), it's hard to find an RSX-S with 185WHP running 14.5, there are a few but not many. Then again it's hard to find a GOOD running, GOOD compression, H22 trans, Accord out there, so many of them have bad compression or bent valves and dont even know it. I don't doubt that you raced those cars and beat them, you should. But stock RSX-S vs. an H22 is a driver's race.

ChampCoupe: "a bone stock rsx will out perform an accord with a stock h22" Its completely a drivers race, same horsepower, close to the same weight (RSX-S 2767lbs vs. CB7 2733-2987lbs) depending on style Accord and driver weight, so it comes down to the Accords torque vs the RSX-S gearing. No clear winner, this debate will go on forever.
        when i weight that car at the scales it was hitting high 2800's. and i hit that time after running the car about 5 times. quarter mile is a drivers race. this will be a debate that everytime it comes up there will be differences. i am still certain that the kseries will outperform the h22 with both cars having good drivers.

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
        The H series is obsolete if you're building the motor. The F and K series heads have greater flow and the blocks are can be made equivalently, or more powerful. I could be wrong about this, but I believe the F22a intake ports actually still outflow the K series...not by much but they do. The K series has better exhaust ports though.
        if its fully built na power the F22 will win everytime. bisimoto has proven that. he is beating kpower cars with his 450+hp f23. in street form it would depend, bc i have seen some 300whp K's that are just nasty. i want to see more people built f22's.

Originally posted by 94b20gsr View Post
        This thread makes me lol. BTW, olock13b, the weight you stated is only relevant for 02-04 rsx-s's, as the 05-06's come in at 2850lbs. Also remember when watching the video's on the youtube account typegdizzle, that the driver weighs 225lbs and the passenger is another 170lbs, and none of the other cars had passenger's..... If someone would like to show me that k20 w/ intake&header vs h22 with bolt-ons is a drivers race, I'll be at the ATL meet. Not being cocky, just seen this debate enough already.....
        Kserie will for ever be hate. a simply head swap and they are making 220whp. when my swap is dont you will be the first person to know about it bc you have been beating up on cb's for too long. and its time for some revenge. fight fire with fire. lol
        MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
          Kserie will for ever be hate. a simply head swap and they are making 220whp. when my swap is dont you will be the first person to know about it bc you have been beating up on cb's for too long. and its time for some revenge. fight fire with fire. lol
          Will, what's wrong with your typing man? you starting the new years celebration early? later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
            Will, what's wrong with your typing man? you starting the new years celebration early? later.
            damn meds are kickin in

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Actually, the number one leader for FWD NA is a K series, with Bisi's F series right behind it. But back on topic. A bone stock RSX, by the books, runs 14.9. A bone stock Prelude, by the books, runs 15.1.

Real world is different of course. But the only advantage that the RSX has over the Prelude stock is the gearing. Why do you think H swaps in civics with B series tranny's are just as fast, or faster, than K swaps in civics, stock for stock?? GEARING.

I have no doubt that your friends RSX with bolt on's is faster than a H22 with bolt on's, but engine vs engine, the K20 does not OWN a H22.
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                I have no doubt that your friends RSX with bolt on's is faster than a H22 with bolt on's, but engine vs engine, the K20 does not OWN a H22.
                X2!
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by 94b20gsr View Post
                  I'm not goign to drive to ATL to prove that the case, when I own both cars. No one is arguing that the K20 with an intake an header should be a faster car, the argument I'm making is that there is no clear cut winner between the two, no one can sit here and say the RSX will win everytime. Everyone has vidoes of them beating a certain car but that doesnt mean anything, I have video of me beating EVO's does that mean im fast then every EVO? No, it means in that particular race I was a better driver. That's my point.
                  1990 Accord four door EX + JDM H22A + JDM LSD H22 trans: Born 08/01/2003 - Killed 11/12/2008

1992 Accord four door LX + JDM H22A = New project.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
                    when i weight that car at the scales it was hitting high 2800's. and i hit that time after running the car about 5 times. quarter mile is a drivers race. this will be a debate that everytime it comes up there will be differences. i am still certain that the kseries will outperform the h22 with both cars having good drivers.
                    Damn, Jenny Craig?????? How did you cut so much weight and still manage to have a full interior? I would love to lose 200lbs and still keep my interior. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
                    1990 Accord four door EX + JDM H22A + JDM LSD H22 trans: Born 08/01/2003 - Killed 11/12/2008

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                      Actually, the number one leader for FWD NA is a K series, with Bisi's F series right behind it. But back on topic. A bone stock RSX, by the books, runs 14.9. A bone stock Prelude, by the books, runs 15.1.

Real world is different of course. But the only advantage that the RSX has over the Prelude stock is the gearing. Why do you think H swaps in civics with B series tranny's are just as fast, or faster, than K swaps in civics, stock for stock?? GEARING.

Exactly, with the same gears the H wins, with the same torque, the K wins. They both have advantages over each other. It's all about personal preference.

Comment

its a drivers race, k series is new tech no doubt but they do not own h series which is the pioneer of the 90's era, and to this day still cheaper to build and maintain at this time.

i've raced my b18c1 97 gsr obd1(bone stock) vs a 2007 si k20(lowered rims, cai/intake) and considering i had my gf and by boy in the ride the si bearly pulled on me i laughed cause i paid $1500 for my 97 gsr (200,000+miles on it too) which i later sold for $4000, and made money to buy an h22, now lets have a look my gsr with 10years+ old seals/gaskets = compression loss, the new si with 2 year old seals/gaskets all nice and tight still, (we all know rubber ages right?) either way i didnt pay $20g+'s but either way he won but considering what he paid.......

we all know k is new tech and if u don't then theres something wrong with you honda spend time and money into their r&d to make the k how deev stated earlier they looked at the h22 and made it better, just look at the difference and you'll easily see why the k is better then the h, but it doesn't mean it owns the h.

now you have to go and spend 10g's on your kseries but i spend $1500 on my h and chance are we'll have a close race, thats the difference... money is a big factor right now since these swaps are still fairly expensive and the custom mounts you need. if you have the money all to you player then ball.

so back on topic as this thread started a base modle rsx vs a cb7 with a stock f yeah i bealive it its possible f bomb ftw!

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
                        4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
                        yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
                        1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
                        1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Originally posted by olock13bt View Post
                          Damn, Jenny Craig?????? How did you cut so much weight and still manage to have a full interior? I would love to lose 200lbs and still keep my interior. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
                          everything under the hood that wasnt needed to drive the car was ditched, no carpet, heat or ac, etc.... and i dont know where he is getting that 3020lbs from. the label inside the door said 2900's. dont remember the exact number. i only shed about 130lbs from the car.

[QUOTE=90blackcoupe;2366365]its a drivers race, k series is new tech no doubt but they do not own h series which is the pioneer of the 90's era, and to this day still cheaper to build and maintain at this time.[QUOTE]

they cost about the same to build and maintain. the only diffence is the Kseries responds better to mods and tuning. And you do not need 10g to have a kswapped car. i have only spent about $3500 and i have a fully built motor, mounts, wiring harness, radiator, tranny, clutch and flywheel. i will have less than 5grand invested in this swap by the time im finished. and i am sure a h22 civic with bolts will not beat me.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Okay, it's not the drivers race. We are saying engine vs. engine, not car vs. car. That's what the discussion has been about. In the 1/4 mile it isn't the drivers race, it's the transmissions race, due to the gearing difference between the K tranny and the H tranny, the K wins. Stop trying to base the argument on the driver when this doesn't even concern a driver.

Assume both engines are on a transmission with the same gearing, with the same driver. Which one will win? That is how this should be portrayed.

engine vs. engine the K does not "own" the H.
                            R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

DOHC VTEC H22A1, 190 hp@ 6800 rpm, 153 ft·lb @ 5500 rpm

DOHC VTEC H22A4, 195 hp @ 7000 rpm and 156 lb·ft@ 5250 rpm

K20a2 200 HP @ 7,400 rpm; 142 ft lb @ 6,000 rpm

K20z1 205 HP SAE @ 7,800 rpm; 140 ft lb@ 7,000 rpm

k24a1 201 HP SAE @ 6,800 rpm; 166 ft lb @ 4,500 rpm

k24z3 210 HP SAE @ 7,000 rpm; 170 ft lb @ 4,300 rpm

In all honesty it would come down to the engine power band. and it would depend on what type of race it was who would be the clear winner. assuming both motor had the same gearing.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

put the cars on a dyno and it's no longer a ''drivers race''.

just compare dyno's. look at the torque curve. they make power in different ways.

i think i need to stop this convo because it isn't doing any good.

people just won't understand things that make the motor better. things like better powerband, adjustable cam gear, better head flow, responds to bolt-ons better, ect. things the h doesn't have, and they still try to say they're the same. you can do things with the k that you can't do with the h. later.
                                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                                X