No announcement yet.

08-09 Civic Si Vs. 90 H22 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock SI, they're ok, those SI's are a car that ha a nice factory setup that is waiting for bolt ons to scream. However, a healthy h22 in a cb7 is also a killer. I'm just generally speaking about cb7extreme's accord. I mean 14.2 quarter mile time with an eBay header, auto zone intake, and eBay exhaust system with stock jdm h22, nice clutch, and a m2b4 trans. No lie. And I'm not saying that everyone should b running those times, but I believe it is the driver. I think the SI would have been a great match against the OP, I guess u can say "nice kill. " but he'll b back.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Ykno whats really funny, Is I smash on 06+ si's and RSX-s's, along with s2k's and swapped b series hatches, both EG and EK, DCtegs, ls-V DA's, etc in my JDM H22a powered 92 EX coupe, WITH ABS, and the only power adders being a SRI, and the KR header, coupled with a weak-ass crush bent 2.0" exhaust....

All at 6k+ in elevation....

Sorry man, I was a H-T for about 3 years, Ive driven multiple multiple SI's, and was even the head of Front Range Hondas HFP program. The new Si's, are wack. Plain and simple.

NOW /thread.

'92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

hell yes H22s in CB7 kill EP3 all the time, its just the K20A2 the weaksauce...my 90 LX with F22A1 with I/H/E and jet chip raped the 99-00 Sis way back in the day, hahaha ninja edit but EP3 only 160 HP in a car with heavy airbags and everything else..

Comment

....nobodys talkin about the EP3s guy.... LOL

Comment

I don't Think they are wack. I mean straight from the factory they're a badass car already. With a good driver and just bolt ons and a ecu flash, that SI will b kickin your cb7 swapped h22 all day.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
              So putting a stock H22 in my car is heavily modified?
              All my OEM parts (which are alot) are warranted for 18,000 miles
              My revlimiter is 7900, when it revlimits out of gear, it hits 8100
              From what I saw, the new Si is kind of dud sorry to say
              Idk, Ill go to the races next week and seek him out for a re-race.
              Is putting a stock small block in a Chevette heavily modified?

Yes.

You put an engine and tranny that didn't originally come in your car. That is heavily modified. The only thing that is MORE heavily modified than that is to build the engine you have.

Your warranty on your OEM parts is not as good as a factory warranty, which is 5 years/60,000 miles powertrain.

Look at it this way. You needed an engine swap to keep up with, and barely beat a 100% bone stock Civic with a bad driver.

Had that guy invested in a driver course, a header, intake, exhaust and reflash, he would have raped you 10 ways from Sunday, and you STILL would have been way more heavily modified.

Also, if your ECU is stock, then it isn't rev limiting at quite 7900. Your tach isn't completely accurate. I have seen some redline higher than 7600, but either way, it is partly moot, because on anything resembling a stock tune, your power curve is dropping pretty quickly by 7K, whereas the K20 is still pulling. Just because you can rev your car to 9K doesn't mean it is making more power. In the case of the K20 vs H22, it is actually more beneficial to spin the K20 that high, because it is making power.

The part you are refusing to account for is driver. If the driver is bad, that doesn't make the car a "dud." Racing him next week won't change anything, because he will probably still be a bad driver.

It is what it is. I own both, and I know how to drive. It isn't like I don't have a relative comparison.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                Stock vs stock, a healthy H22 with tranny would be a good match on a stock SI. End of that discussion.
                This.
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Ok then how about this, the T2W4 transmission (the CL1 euro-r trans). Now after coming back to this thread, i realized the youtube link i posted didn't work, (wonder if i should post it again, i dunno). But basically what The vid that i posted was a CL1 vs DC5-R from a stand still. The CL1 barely pulled on the DC5-R from 1st gear straight to the end of 2nd gear going into the middle 3rd. But in the end, the DC5-R won by about 1 car or 1 1/2 car length.

Now somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CL1 heavier than the CB by 100kgs? So if that same gearing was in a CB what would the outcome be vs the Si (excluding poor driver)

Also, i'm not too sure on the USDM SI civics (seeing as how you guys have the strict safety regulations, etc, etc) but i know that the JDM EP3-Rs are ROUGHLY about the same weight as the DC5-R.

So that being said wouldn't it be safe to say that with the T2W4 trans on a CB, either that: (1) the Si would win by a mere margin (meaning not more than car length). (2) there's a possible tie, but in the looong run, the Si would start to pull away. OR (3) the CB may jus squeeze more wins than the 8 out of 10 times (maybe 5/10 times lol) that was predicted earlier by Owequitit.

This thought has always been on my mind for THE longest while, i don't know why i didn't ask sooner. love to hear the opinions based off of what i just said

JACB3.

BTW here's the link to the vid that i posted earlier--->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ef9i...os=vY7vetL9cbM
                  '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

Nah sorry guy, not happening. Give me the same bolt-ons, and a "re-flash" or good tune and I'll still mop I up. I've raced IHE sis and rsx-s in the CB with only the puny exhaust and a SRI and still won. I'm jus sayin man, I'll believe it when I see it.

H22 powered CBs FTMFW!

Comment

hahaha at your sig.

Comment

A stock SI puts down around 170whp stock. Is your H22 stock?
                        FYI, the this gen SI stock makes 197 crank power. Yes I guess if you had a good running H22 or F22 built you could take a SI, just know how to drive. Not that I know a lot about racing lol.
                        Current:
                        2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                        1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                        1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
                          Stock SI, they're ok, those SI's are a car that ha a nice factory setup that is waiting for bolt ons to scream. However, a healthy h22 in a cb7 is also a killer. I'm just generally speaking about cb7extreme's accord. I mean 14.2 quarter mile time with an eBay header, auto zone intake, and eBay exhaust system with stock jdm h22, nice clutch, and a m2b4 trans. No lie. And I'm not saying that everyone should b running those times, but I believe it is the driver. I think the SI would have been a great match against the OP, I guess u can say "nice kill. " but he'll b back.
                          The problem is that even with a good driver, the low 14 second Accord is NOT the rule. Not saying it can't be done, because I know it can, but it isn't that common.

Originally posted by h22cb719 View Post
                          Ykno whats really funny, Is I smash on 06+ si's and RSX-s's, along with s2k's and swapped b series hatches, both EG and EK, DCtegs, ls-V DA's, etc in my JDM H22a powered 92 EX coupe, WITH ABS, and the only power adders being a SRI, and the KR header, coupled with a weak-ass crush bent 2.0" exhaust....

Sorry man, I was a H-T for about 3 years, Ive driven multiple multiple SI's, and was even the head of Front Range Hondas HFP program. The new Si's, are wack. Plain and simple.

NOW /thread.

Yeah. Of course you did. Everyone knows that the H22 swapped Accord is the fastest car ever. Most likely, most of the people you have raced are ricers and don't have a clue to build a fast car. I had an EG hatch with a D16 that would have kept up with just about any H modded Accord I have driven, and believe me, I have seen more than 1 or 2. With a full compliment of completely stock Honda parts, it would have raped any H22 swapped Accord I have seen, with the exception of a very few totally built ones.

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
                          I don't Think they are wack. I mean straight from the factory they're a badass car already. With a good driver and just bolt ons and a ecu flash, that SI will b kickin your cb7 swapped h22 all day.
                          Considering the average gains in power, yes, it would be much quicker.

Nah sorry guy, not happening. Give me the same bolt-ons, and a "re-flash" or good tune and I'll still mop I up. I've raced IHE sis and rsx-s in the CB with only the puny exhaust and a SRI and still won. I'm jus sayin man, I'll believe it when I see it.

H22 powered CBs FTMFW!
                          Yes, you too.

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                          FYI, the this gen SI stock makes 197 crank power. Yes I guess if you had a good running H22 or F22 built you could take a SI, just know how to drive. Not that I know a lot about racing lol.
                          It is most likely a little under-rated. They put out closer to 170-175 on average, and I seen a few that are a little stronger. The big thing though is they uncork better than just about any other Honda engine ever made. It wouldn't be uncommon to go from 175WHP to 225WHP with just basic bolt-ons and a good reflash. It has been done many times. Do that plus a valvetrain, and you can be looking at 300WHP stock block, stock head.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                            They won't listen anyway
                            How true was this statement lol

NOW /thread.

Wow what kinda bull shit are you pulling outta your ass.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

A stock SI puts down around 170whp stock. Is your H22 stock?
                              Originally posted by owequitit View Post

They put out closer to 170-175 on average
                              Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                              FYI, the this gen SI stock makes 197 crank power.
                              Two vs. one. Sorry, I win this round!
                              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X