No announcement yet.

Underground.Society chat thread V. 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.......I'm in the process of saving $ from every paycheck I get now and I will also be getting a new ride for DD status VERY soon so I have a small dilemma........continue working on the CB and keep it around for my "whenever I feel like driving it car" OR.......sell it and use that $ PLUS the $ I'm saving to start over on what will be the DD? The DD will be either a 7th Gen EX Accord sedan or a 3rd Gen 4-door Nissan Frontier. I'm also going to be trading our '10 Civic in for either an Odyssey or a Pilot which will help decide what route I'm going with my DD decision......Odyssey & Frontier or Pilot & Accord. I'm very much leaning towards the Pilot & Accord combo though. With that said, wifey is cool with me keeping the CB for my "toy" but sometimes I'm not sure if I still want to spend more $ & time on it or if I should just move on. Any thoughts?
    Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
      Well.......I'm in the process of saving $ from every paycheck I get now and I will also be getting a new ride for DD status VERY soon so I have a small dilemma........continue working on the CB and keep it around for my "whenever I feel like driving it car" OR.......sell it and use that $ PLUS the $ I'm saving to start over on what will be the DD? The DD will be either a 7th Gen EX Accord sedan or a 3rd Gen 4-door Nissan Frontier. I'm also going to be trading our '10 Civic in for either an Odyssey or a Pilot which will help decide what route I'm going with my DD decision......Odyssey & Frontier or Pilot & Accord. I'm very much leaning towards the Pilot & Accord combo though. With that said, wifey is cool with me keeping the CB for my "toy" but sometimes I'm not sure if I still want to spend more $ & time on it or if I should just move on. Any thoughts?
      i say keep the Civic and get a CG. both will keep you with good MPG and will only cost you $40-45 to fill up. getting anything SUV or Van size will cost you more in the long run. but thats just me talking. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        i say keep the Civic and get a CG. both will keep you with good MPG and will only cost you $40-45 to fill up. getting anything SUV or Van size will cost you more in the long run. but thats just me talking. lol
        Guess I should add that the only options I'm looking at are the 1's previously stated for a couple reasons.....

1. I have a growing family and the Civic is just too small which is why it will be traded for the Odyssey or Pilot.

2. I've been thinking for quite a while about what kind of car I'd like to buy next for my everyday use......I've decided on the 7th Gen Accord because it's only 4-8 yrs old and it has great potential for how I would set it up.

Comment

Based on experience with a 2001 Odyssey and 2004 Pilot that have been in my family for years, here are my comments. Overally, I think the Odyssey would be the best choice for a family, if you do not need 4WD.

If you need 4WD, then get the Pilot. However, gas mileage will be a real world 23-24 MPG at best for mostly HWY. The 4WD is a VTM-4 system, which is an automatic operation based on driving conditions. Can fit 5 adults, with an additional two smaller children in rear (at cost of very limited cargo space). With cargo you will only fit 5 adults legally. Pilots are mainly FWD with power going to rear wheels when taking off from stop (0-18 MPH, by then all power to front wheels) or when VTM-4 engaged (18 MPH or less). You have ABS and traction control. Rear bench can go down seating only 2 people up front, but this cargo space is sill not at large as Odyssey with rearmost bench seat down.

Odyssey can fit 7 people legally with ample cargo space. I forget if there is a middle bench seat option, in which case you could fit 8 people. They are better on gas mileage, loaded on a family trip with cargo can still get real world 26-28 MPG mostly HWY. The newer Odysseys are loaded, more engine power and more gears in automatic transaxles which help with better gas mileage. They have ABS with traction control are FWD. Odyssey can have rearmost bench seat down into floor, seating 4-5 legally (if middle bench seat is option) and has more cargo space than Pilot in this setup.

NOTE: Either choice you will have an automatic transaxle on these setups. It seem some of these generations for both of these models have AT problems. My father's 2001 Odyssey now has a remanufactured transaxles after about 120K miles. The company he purchased from specializes in Honda/Acura transaxles and they supply & require the remanufactured replacement to have an external aftermarket ATF air-to-oil cooler installed to retain warranty. They implied that high ATF temps are a factor in the failures they see. That being said, I would install an air-to-cool ATF cooler in addition to your stock radiator built-in cooler on either of these vehicle choices to prolong AT life.
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-01-2011, 09:41 AM.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

when is the next meet i want to do one at a local applebees not in nc
            underground Society 757

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
              Based on experience with a 2001 Odyssey and 2004 Pilot that have been in my family for years, here are my comments. Overally, I think the Odyssey would be the best choice for a family, if you do not need 4WD.

If you need 4WD, then get the Pilot. However, gas mileage will be a real world 23-24 MPG at best for mostly HWY. The 4WD is a VTM-4 system, which is an automatic operation based on driving conditions. Can fit 5 adults, with an additional two smaller children in rear (at cost of very limited cargo space). With cargo you will only fit 5 adults legally. Pilots are mainly FWD with power going to rear wheels when taking off from stop (0-18 MPH, by then all power to front wheels) or when VTM-4 engaged (18 MPH or less). You have ABS and traction control. Rear bench can go down seating only 2 people up front, but this cargo space is sill not at large as Odyssey with rearmost bench seat down.

Odyssey can fit 7 people legally with ample cargo space. I forget if there is a middle bench seat option, in which case you could fit 8 people. They are better on gas mileage, loaded on a family trip with cargo can still get real world 26-28 MPG mostly HWY. The newer Odysseys are loaded, more engine power and more gears in automatic transaxles which help with better gas mileage. They have ABS with traction control are FWD. Odyssey can have rearmost bench seat down into floor, seating 4-5 legally (if middle bench seat is option) and has more cargo space than Pilot in this setup.

NOTE: Either choice you will have an automatic transaxle on these setups. It seem some of these generations for both of these models have AT problems. My father's 2001 Odyssey now has a remanufactured transaxles after about 120K miles. The company he purchased from specializes in Honda/Acura transaxles and they supply & require the remanufactured replacement to have an external aftermarket ATF air-to-oil cooler installed to retain warranty. They implied that high ATF temps are a factor in the failures they see. That being said, I would install an air-to-cool ATF cooler in addition to your stock radiator built-in cooler on either of these vehicle choices to prolong AT life.
              Appreciate the awesome info man! The Odyssey or Pilot that I get will be an '05 and up model since I'd like to keep it within 6 yrs old. The real question I'm getting at is.....what should I do with the CB? I still love it and have plenty of possible plans for it but the reality is....it's a 20 yr old car now that needs attention in various repair depts. I've taken excellent care of it but that still doesn't stop the aging process of it....or me for that matter.

Comment

Appreciate the awesome info man! The Odyssey or Pilot that I get will be an '05 and up model since I'd like to keep it within 6 yrs old. The real question I'm getting at is.....what should I do with the CB? I still love it and have plenty of possible plans for it but the reality is....it's a 20 yr old car now that needs attention in various repair depts. I've taken excellent care of it but that still doesn't stop the aging process of it....or me for that matter.
                you could always sell it to me

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                  you could always sell it to me
                  Yeah.......no.

I'm heading to either Greensboro or Jacksonville next Sat to hang with one of the Tony's and hit up the jy for some parts. Anybody else interested in rolling?

Comment

Yeah.......no.

I'm heading to either Greensboro or Jacksonville next Sat to hang with one of the Tony's and hit up the jy for some parts. Anybody else interested in rolling?
                    i would but dont have the CB yet, the jetta isnt ready to go anywhere, and im broke for right now. lol.

but once i get my CB in a couple months, ill go do a little junk yard hopping

Comment

ok guys really need some help i have to remove a quarter panel from the bak of the civic im buying do i have to cut it or do i have to remove the whole panel
                      underground Society 757

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Soul View Post
                        ok guys really need some help i have to remove a quarter panel from the bak of the civic im buying do i have to cut it or do i have to remove the whole panel
                        quarter panels you'll have to cut buddy.

oh. tell me why someone bought your CB, painted it then sold it for $2300. lmao.

Comment

i only paid 1000 for it lol but my civic will be better for me now
                          and there is a black cb here for sell he wants 1000 its clean all the way through but its an auto
                          underground Society 757

Comment

i only paid 1000 for it lol but my civic will be better for me now
                            and there is a black cb here for sell he wants 1000 its clean all the way through but its an auto
                            5spd or auto dont matter to me.

but im gonna get that CB from him tho. nice clean black paint job too. and i always liked your CB. but for that low of a price, ill be getting it and getting a better suspension set up on it for sure.

Comment

yeah i need to get a setup for the civic hey how can see all my old pics
                              all i get now is a lil box with an x in it
                              underground Society 757

Comment

yeah i need to get a setup for the civic hey how can see all my old pics
                                all i get now is a lil box with an x in it
                                idk man. you'd have to go to the site where you hosted them at.

Comment

Working...
                                X