This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h22cb719 View Post
    yap.... Its supposedly been rebuilt $3k miles ago by Sam at Import Sports....?
    Sam @ import sports has been in the game for a long time and does some really good work.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Yea he does. It was more of a statement than a question of the work quality, i just havent gotten the paperwork for it as promised yet. I know the guy that origionally put it in the car, just need to make certain it runs ok, being as the guy that origionally did the swap tried to run it witb b series injectors for a while..... Which isnt good....Of course. Just need to find some time to go through it....or motivation i should say....

Honestly thought about selling the whole thing as is for around $2k, not sure yet tho....
      '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

whiteJDM, you asked in the last thread what almostJDM was planning with his 'top secret 500whp' sig... he just dropped the bomb. Bring an extra pair of underoos when you go in there.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yeah just checked it out......kinda confused on why the rb was chosen I was really hoping to see a v6 swap but its pretty interesting...and will be interesting to see IF it pans out.....rwd? Or what tranny will be used many interesting obsticles to overcome

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Its definitely different, props to him for that, mos def!
            '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

We'll I ordered my oem head gaskets for the legend it is really starting to show signs of failure I just need that old bird to hang in there a little longer lol

Comment

My NEW CB tossed it's timing belt last night (I've only driven it 150 miles of which MOST was getting to Arvada from FT. Collins).

So, driving down I-70 at 60mph. Car dies,.. Coast off the highway onto Sheridan... Then I pushed the car across the road into the middle (NO SHOULDER). Some guy pulls up with his pickup and offers to push. So I was able to get it off the road into a parking lot.

This morning I went and popped of the dizzy cap, and bumped the engine. It DIDN'T turn!!

So,.. I REALLY need a new engine! (most likely).

Comment

You might not the f is noninterference

Comment

Well that's not true at all. I have another thread actually discussing this in the Technical forum. WHERE a few people have had smashed valves at idle when the belt broke, and SO FAR all of them that were in motion had smashed valves. If you do a search on Google this, F22A comes up as an Interference engine.

I've been told 97% chance of multiple bent valves while doing 60MPH.

I thought pistons were commonly destroyed too. However THAT is actually somewhat rare. So,... I most likely just need a new head!

Now MAYBE the F22b, F22b1, F23,.. are NON interference, But not the F22A series.

Anyone here know of a good place to get a rebuilt head around the Metro area?

I've found a few online, with decent warranty, and heads ON HAND. I'd just prefer a local shop if I can find one.

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7 View Post
                      You might not the f is noninterference
                      the f22 is VERY interference! ive experience many bent valves from this myself.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                        the f22 is VERY interference! ive experience many bent valves from this myself.
                        Ooops my bad for giving false info, I stand corrected there was that place turbo90 brought up I thin it was in fort collins? Prices seems pretty resonable

Comment

Originally posted by Vancefish View Post
                          Anyone here know of a good place to get a rebuilt head around the Metro area?

I've found a few online, with decent warranty, and heads ON HAND. I'd just prefer a local shop if I can find one.
                          That Import Sports place mentioned above doesn't do this kind of work? Otherwise there's PFI here in Collins. AMS in the north part of town does a lot of serious engine and performance work, but it's mostly in muscle cars.
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-12-2011, 10:24 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ya know, Cyborg,.. My new CB looks EXACTLY like that blue one. Except it's a 91, with a black 92 bumper. It's THAT color blue, and came from Ft Collins.

Do you still have it?? or might you have sold it? SURE does look like mine. :-)
                            Last edited by Vancefish; 02-12-2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Cool! EX alloys, too? Mine's still parked in the driveway (shouldn't be more than two months now ). Out of interest I'm going to take off the intake mani in a couple days if the nice weather keeps up, see what gunk may be lurking in there.

I'm back to my original plan of supercharging, btw. As it turns out - according to a member who's seen the one and only [documented] H23/JRSC'd CB in person - firewall clearance isn't an issue, it's just slight adjustments need doing for belt clearance by the engine mount and shock tower. Looks very easily remedied according to some pictures of the car. He shaved and notched those critical pieces, whereas I'm going to try a different route. That car had stock mounts, I've got smaller ESPs. AMS I'm sure could fab up a new pulley bracket (or modify the existing one) to move a couple pulleys ever so slightly and clear the tower. I'll save up after my H and some suspension are taken care of, then camp out on Prelude forums until one goes up for sale.
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-13-2011, 01:45 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                                Cool! EX alloys, too? Mine's still parked in the driveway (shouldn't be more than two months now ).
                                Actually mine is an SE. So it does have the alloys! BUT, I have a set of old 17" Enkei RS-6's to install after the head. Currently I have Icebear all seasons mounted, But summer mounts up the Dunlop SP sport 9000 run flats I got last fall! All I need is a TPMS system for those.

So, installing a new head, after my timing belt fiasco. I'll also be thoroughly cleaning my intake as well! Then it'll be a weekend of suspension trading from old car to new, and new to old.

Also, has anyone ever had their window tinting replaced?? I've never actually HAD tinted windows, other then factory smoked. This new cars plastic film tint is VERY grainy. It's hard to see exactly what it is driving behind you it's so bad. I'm not worried about the doors at all. It's that rear windshield with the defroster I'm worried about. Can they replace that without destroying my defroster elements??

Comment

Working...
                                X