Me too!

In other news, TGIF.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
      In other news, TGIF.
      Amen to that I am going down to "terror behind the walls" tonight with the wifey, hopefully not too long of a wait.

Comment

Is that the one at the old prison on Fairmount Ave? If so, I went there two years ago. It was cool!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
          Is that the one at the old prison on Fairmount Ave? If so, I went there two years ago. It was cool!
          Yes sir it is great because we can stop at jack's firehouse and catch up with my cousin. He is usually busy running around managing his employees but the cast and crew of the the eastern state come over after it closes so it is a fun experience.

Comment

Still going to happen.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

^ what is still going to happen ?
              10th Anniversary Accord.
              05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

A good meet. I confirmed, or at least I believe I did, about the parking situation today. The guard told me we can park there on the weekends. It'll be cool too, because it seems as if the activities never quite there.

... and yes, for those that are thinking it, there will be adequate room for us to chill. At night, if where still in that are, we can get pictures on the steps.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Awesome. Glad you checked, Anthony.
                  I remember going to a meet up in Elizabeth, in the Jersey Gardens Mall parking lot... the guards tried to kick us out, saying the lot is for customers only. So we all went inside and ate lunch. Customers, right? Then they called the cops. Cops kicked us out. We went to another lot, in front of a vacant store a few minutes away from the mall. The same cops came and kicked us out of there. By the time that happened, the only 2 guys from the area had bailed... leaving the rest of us that didn't know the area to fend for ourselves. The cops said we could go to the shipyard, but gave no directions. Nobody managed to find the shipyard, and the meet dissolved. It had potential to be a really fun day, and it was spent arguing with the authorities the entire time.

Comment

I'm judging by the number of people who RSVPed. If we have a lot more members who plan to attend, then we will have to go to the back up place (1/2 mile down the road) where it's public parking for all, completely free, and it's just one huge beautiful open area with the river passing by.

There's an event at the Art Museum on the 3rd. There are always events, but I'm not sure how much of the parking is taken up by the event goers. I think that most event goes use the underground pay parking garage. I've been looking at the parking situation for the last few Saturdays, and it seems okay. The back up spot is something that I'm considering as a contingency plan.

EDIT: The Art Museum closes at 5, so if we did meet at the back-up location, we could scurry down to the Art Museum after the drive for picture.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I believe the museum closes pretty early as well, so unless the event extends the hours, we should have plenty of time. Might not be able to start the meet there, but we could always move there.

As it approaches, we'll have to get some detailed maps showing perhaps 3 places that we'll be. If someone shows up late and we're not in the primary spot, they can check the other two and be sure to find us.

Comment

There's plenty of room in the parking lot right in front of the mueseum as back up an have the statue as a background pic. I can't wait for this meet. Last one u Tried to make at hooters in maple shade or cherry hill, I hit a puddle an my car died an wouldn't start till the next mourning. ( yes I slept in my car for fear of goodies getting stolen) lol

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          I believe the museum closes pretty early as well, so unless the event extends the hours, we should have plenty of time. Might not be able to start the meet there, but we could always move there.

As it approaches, we'll have to get some detailed maps showing perhaps 3 places that we'll be. If someone shows up late and we're not in the primary spot, they can check the other two and be sure to find us.
                          I agree. I'm so glad this area is laid out really simple. The parking lot I have listed at the alternative place is the best spot for a safe zone to meet just in case. Directly on the other side of the river is another free parking place. I think those are the best bet as you can clearly see across the river.

I'll also have my number listed for people to call just in case. I know Philly like... I know it really well.

@ 90exkId, that I tried to make, or someone else?
                          Last edited by Straight Success; 10-14-2012, 01:25 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

* that I tried to make lol sorry

Comment

There may be a chance that the location will be moved to the back-up location just for room purpose. Then we can drive down to the Art Museum after 5:00. I'll update everything with the final details by Friday.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

And now I just realized I'll be 6 hours away in MA when the meet happens...
                                Any way we can push it back a week? If not, I'll have to make the next one

Comment

Working...
                                X