Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nor*Cal what did you do to your car recently?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car shut off on me going to work today. I diagnosed it while the tow truck was coming.

Carb cleaner = no change so i can rule out fuel
    Spark tester = no spark, makes me worried.
    Rotor turns so my timing belt and cam is good

looks like it may be an ICM or coil. probably an ICM since those have always been problematic for me.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      car shut off on me going to work today. I diagnosed it while the tow truck was coming.

Carb cleaner = no change so i can rule out fuel
      Spark tester = no spark, makes me worried.
      Rotor turns so my timing belt and cam is good

looks like it may be an ICM or coil. probably an ICM since those have always been problematic for me.
      ICM. Mine died the other day too, luckily I kept one that was on its way out the last time i replaced it. Not the best solution, but it keeps my car going until I can buy one from honda.
      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Mostly the ICM will turn on when cool. Will die when warmed.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

2 years later and another alternator.. lol Kragen re-manufactured! I did the removal, took in the core, bought the new alternator, and installed all in about an hour .. i think that's a record!
          -:¦:-
          Originally posted by wed3k
          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

oh yea? i diagnosed my car on the side of the road and replaced the distributor in 15 minutes.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

Installed and polished up my DC lower rear tie bar(I Just love the way they look). Also mounted my new amp that came in today...Just waiting for my 12'' sub to get here and to order an appropriate enclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                oh yea? i diagnosed my car on the side of the road and replaced the distributor in 15 minutes.
                BAAHHH! that's easy access!

Originally posted by BB6-SH View Post
                Installed and polished up my DC lower rear tie bar(I Just love the way they look). Also mounted my new amp that came in today...Just waiting for my 12'' sub to get here and to order an appropriate enclosure.
                What?.. not timing urself?!?
                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
                  What?.. not timing urself?!?
                  I don't have much patience lol, my sub gets here tomorrow. I just want it installed already lol

Comment

Taking off the one piece headlights tomorrow and going back to stock =\.

Comment

Originally posted by itstatcb7kid707 View Post
                      Taking off the one piece headlights tomorrow and going back to stock =\.
                      why?

Comment

started my hid projector retrofit =)
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

went back to oem headlights,

and new pics on the mrt.

Comment

2 tires on the way.
                            changed oil
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

1 piece headlights going for sale soon

Comment

lol
                                Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                                -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Working...
                                X