cb7rs with jet ski's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cb7rs with jet ski's

hey i just wanted to know of anyone in the 916 sacramento/roseville area who owns a jet ski & cb7 who has taken their jet ski's to folsom lake using their cb.....i wanted to know where (if there is a spot) to launch them since cb7's sit low i could imagine that launching off boat ramps is a no no lol so i wondered if there is a flat dirt area that you can launch at b/c i saw a cb yesterday pulling two sea doo jet ski's and started to wonder.
    ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
    *and its alive!! hahaha*
    *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

The CB will pull a jetski with no problems. If you can't get down the boat ramp, just ask a guy with a truck. As long as you're polite, there shouldn't be any issue.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Ive pulled into a couple...but, yes you can do it with a cb with the right hitch and slope of the boat launch...
      93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

^
        haha nice pix
        Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
        -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by Charliehstle209 View Post
          Ive pulled into a couple...but, yes you can do it with a cb with the right hitch and slope of the boat launch...
          idk but i would be kinda scared the first time i'd did that haha

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

just make sure the ramp u launch at is a constant slope. otherwise u'll be high centering the trailer till next week

Comment

Originally posted by Charliehstle209 View Post
              sweet now do you got pics of you actually launching one.....how hard is this lol that pic is crazy hahaha
              ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
              *and its alive!! hahaha*
              *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

i want pics lol cmon......anyone
                ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

straight from google...

93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

lol not really what i had in mind but yeah that works....now my ? is how bad does this wear on our trannies...lol b/c my dad is like "you do that and you'll need a new transmission by the end of summer." :O
                    ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                    *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

It will only affect the tranny if you go deeper that the height of the axle seals / dipstick (if its AT)
                      Even then it shouldn't affect it too much as the seals do just that (seal from water and dirt getting in and fluid coming out)
                      The dipstick could be a little more concerning, but If you get it that deep in the water your a keen man.

Ive had my old cb up to the sills in water several times to cross a stream in order to get to a particular beach.
                      And my current cb that far to get through flooded roads.

Not to mention the main point - Who launches a boat or jetski by driving fowards . . .
                      If theres a slope on the ramp your front wheels shouldn't even touch the water . . . so theres no issue.

As far as the extra weight - The wear on the tranny would be no more than having 3 extra people in your car.
                      Jetskis aren't really that heavy.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        It will only affect the tranny if you go deeper that the height of the axle seals / dipstick (if its AT)
                        Even then it shouldn't affect it too much as the seals do just that (seal from water and dirt getting in and fluid coming out)
                        The dipstick could be a little more concerning, but If you get it that deep in the water your a keen man.

Ive had my old cb up to the sills in water several times to cross a stream in order to get to a particular beach.
                        And my current cb that far to get through flooded roads.

Not to mention the main point - Who launches a boat or jetski by driving fowards . . .
                        If theres a slope on the ramp your front wheels shouldn't even touch the water . . . so theres no issue.

As far as the extra weight - The wear on the tranny would be no more than having 3 extra people in your car.
                        Jetskis aren't really that heavy.

thats what i had thought...because it doesn't need to go in far it just needs the jetski to submerse in water and then yeah....well as far as the weight i didn't think the jetski had much weight to it but then i thought bout the weight of the trailer+jetski...and hitch??...kinda...so yeah
                        ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                        *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but i don't see many post about people towing a ski.. but a cb7 can absolutely tow a ski... just got back from holiday isle in the keys(102 mile one way). here is mine towing my aquatrax f-12x.

I didn't launch it with the CB since it was an eroded dirt launch, i would have lost my oil pan if i tried.

Current Stable:

1992 Accord EX
                          1999 Civic SI
                          2005 TSX
                          2006 S2000
                          2002 NSX-T

Comment

Originally posted by jdmturtleracin View Post
                            sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but i don't see many post about people towing a ski.. but a cb7 can absolutely tow a ski... just got back from holiday isle in the keys(102 mile one way). here is mine towing my aquatrax f-12x.

I didn't launch it with the CB since it was an eroded dirt launch, i would have lost my oil pan if i tried.

lol thanks haha havent been on here in days but awesome thanks
                            ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                            *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

Working...
                            X