Motor swap 09/05/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
    Just swapping the bearings out might not fix your problem. You have to measure the clearances to make sure you have no further problems.

Also, your oil pump might be on its way out.
    Yeah someone else mentioned that to me today, so I wasn't even considering that as an option anymore. I'm trying to decide between a another motor or a rebuild of this one. And I have things like price and time to consider since I'm out of work.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

I can pull the F22 out of the race car, Unsure of mileage but i ran it hard on the way home and it ran strong. no smoke from behind according to dad. Dad is willing to sell it seeing how it is his car..

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper View Post
        I can pull the F22 out of the race car, Unsure of mileage but i ran it hard on the way home and it ran strong. no smoke from behind according to dad. Dad is willing to sell it seeing how it is his car..
        Don't you guys need that motor for the race car? I appreciate it either way. Check on a price for me.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

Yeah but i can get an h22 for it, he said around 250-300. If it were mine you know i would take care of you.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper View Post
            Yeah but i can get an h22 for it, he said around 250-300. If it were mine you know i would take care of you.
            I know, that's why I said I appreciate it either way. I'll let you know.

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

i had a running motor for while but it got sold when i let sumone barrow it..... wish i could help ya out stac.
              Members Ride sold...
              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                i had a running motor for while but it got sold when i let sumone barrow it..... wish i could help ya out stac.
                Thanks Hustleman! Congrats on the little one! I've been planning on sending you a pm, but this motor swap, and job search has been real time consuming.

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by brownhornet View Post
                  I know, that's why I said I appreciate it either way. I'll let you know.
                  k.

Comment

hey stacey.... i got a F22B for sale cheap !! let me know ... i know its a long drive but hell its a good excuse for a road trip !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
                      hey stacey.... i got a F22B for sale cheap !! let me know ... i know its a long drive but hell its a good excuse for a road trip !!
                      How much, dohc, and from where? Road trips are tough when money's low.

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

that sucks man, but i like your sig

Comment

Awww... i wish i'd have seen this earlier... i have nothing but time...
                          -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                          if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                          Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by H0ndaSpyd3rLM View Post
                            Awww... i wish i'd have seen this earlier... i have nothing but time...
                            looks like they're going to have to swap again man. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Let me know the date stacy and i'll be there...
                              -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                              if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                              Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by brownhornet View Post
                                How much, dohc, and from where? Road trips are tough when money's low.
                                asking 600 for the motor... its ready to go !! its in Jacksonville, FL.. let me know !!

and yes this is the JDM F22B DOHC motor... this motor is strong !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                                A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X