Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

TSX Retro pics: gonna be installed/finished this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSX Retro pics: gonna be installed/finished this weekend

Okay I'm so excited that I finally got up and started working on my TSX retro. I got my 6k HID kit finally, and hooked it up, took me all of 5 min. it was simple. I already had retro'd a projector in my spare broken housing I had so thats why you only see one projector in an actual headlight and the other just chillin in the spot hooked up. But here are the pics so far: i'm gonna update later this weekend.

My TSX Retro is on its WAY! I'm gonna finish this weekend! so here's some pics:

My HID kit, a 6K D2S converted 9006 Relay (simple Plug and Play) took 5 min. to install

We Have LIGHT!!!

I took this pic in bright daylight too!

I'm amazed at that cutoff

And now for the stunning light output!

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

^^^^the lights aren't normally THAT blue, I think my camera was on crack when it took this.

Only temporarily fixed in my spare housing, I will do permanent retrofit tomorrow

View from inside the car

Last edited by Losiracer2; 03-25-2008, 07:59 PM.

member's ride thread
    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

very nice, looking forward to doing this myself when I'm not feeling so lazy.

Frost White 1991 LX

Comment

in that last pic why is there a rag around the projector?

looks good i have been at that stage i just have to aim mine tonight
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick
          in that last pic why is there a rag around the projector?

looks good i have been at that stage i just have to aim mine tonight
          lol, oh that was for aiming the projector, basically stuffing a rag in that area to take up the slack and hold the projector upright lol. No rags will be included in the final product however!

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

great job man. i love seeing other people's diy projects come to life.
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

excellent, i need to get on the ball

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

okay here's the pics as promised:
                Okay, I'm 100% DONE! with the retrofit! and it looks AWESOME! I'm so STOKED! I basically did the entire thing in ONE DAY so it was stressful at times but WELL worth it! so here's some pictures of the progress yesterday and today.

^^^ Picture of the BIG saw I used to cut off the back of the headlights

^^what it looks like after the cut

^^^then I painted the housings/sanded the hole for the projector

^^^masked/painted the projector black, first I used the wrong black (flat black) instead of gloss black that I blackhoused my headlights, so I kinda had to repaint them in gloss black. tedious, but everything HAS to match!

^^^pic of what the projector looks like w/ the spacers "in the raw" unpainted.

^^^pics of the areas masked off on the projectors

^^covered the lense so to not get any paint on there

^also did the inside just for extra safety

then I painted it in gloss black since I used the wrong black the first time.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

^^^^then I took off the masking to reveal the beautiful lenses

^^^next, I JB welded the Ace flanges, used as the shroud for the projector

^^^finally on the car for the test fitting/aiming

^close up shot w/o the glass on, secured on the car

^^^pictures of the lights right before I sealed them up. taken on my kitchen counter of course, lol

^^^ALL DONE! on the car shots

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

close up shots of the projector ON:

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

what did you use for spacers?
                      looks awesome
                      FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                        what did you use for spacers?
                        looks awesome
                        I went to Ace Hardware and they had these 8-32 threaded nylon spacers, about an inch long each, in which I cut to size using my dremel. Once I hot glued the projectors in place to the desired spot, I then took measurements from the back of the projectors to the back of the headlight and then used that measurement for the spacers, was like 1 inch and 5/8 on the inner and 1 inch and a quarter on the outer screws since it sits at that angle in the housing. Turned out to be a good way of measuring, since I didn't have to make ANY adjustments for rotation, it was good from the moment i secured them in the housings.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

btw, I just want to say WHAT A PROJECT! I got my TSX projectors installed last night/this morning, I started on friday afternoon by removing the bumper/headlights/grill off the car and baking them to get the glass off. Then I woke up on Sat. and it took ALL day sat. from 830am to 2pm then from 4pm-4am, yes 12 hrs, minus dinner lol. So it was at LEAST a 30 hr project as Flyplyricist stated in his retro. But it was well worth it in the end, the lights make driving at night WAY easier.

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I finished my TSX retro on my SC a few weeks ago, and it was disappointing compared to my CB's retro. If you had amber corners your retro would look identical to my old one. Looks great btw, I can't wait to see on the wall cutoff shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                              I finished my TSX retro on my SC a few weeks ago, and it was disappointing compared to my CB's retro. If you had amber corners your retro would look identical to my old one. Looks great btw, I can't wait to see on the wall cutoff shots.
                              I definitely will provide those, I just gotta find a wall somewhere to line them up. You woudn't believe how hard it is to find a vertical wall w/ a perfectly level surface to aim the lights lol

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                              X