Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The Best Paint & Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Paint & Job

I wanna paint my car black but im not too sure what paint is better and what would be the best job in the terms of the longevity and look?

Originally posted by BLKWLF
    I wanna paint my car black but im not too sure what paint is better and what would be the best job in the terms of the longevity and look?

easy...Cappuccino Brown Metallic...

LINK

EDIT: my bad

Last edited by lokuputha; 03-27-2008, 10:13 PM.
    DEVOTE

Comment

I do recall typing the color black in the post. But nice paint.

Comment

ha ha thats the color of my accord, i hate that color
        HIT ME UP IF YOU HAVE GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF RETROFITTING MINI H1'S IN EBAY ONE PIECES

Comment

Are you asking for paint brands? If so, any of the name brand paints are all great. Like RM Diamont, DuPont, PPG, and others. Don't use a single stage paint, go with a good two stage (base/clear).

Comment

like trav said go with a 2 stage and wet sand and be meticulous with sanding/preping that will make the outcome and longevity 1000x better

Comment

i would go with simple white frost, looks really clean, scratches are not that visible, make sure you get multi stage paint, and not just the paint over your factory paint. that'll chip out within months
              hehe sweet

Comment

He said Black guys.

I think PPG is good stuff.
                wat?

Comment

I painted mine last year - PPG Gloss black metallic

Freshly painted and cleared:

Start of wet sanding:

Finished:

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Damn evil_demon thats the shit im talkin bout'. Nice stuff man. And thanks C9 for reminding people that its black i want. Would any of you guys recommend pearlescent or candy over metallic? Cost is no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BLKWLF
                      Damn evil_demon thats the shit im talkin bout'. Nice stuff man. And thanks C9 for reminding people that its black i want. Would any of you guys recommend pearlescent or candy over metallic? Cost is no issue.
                      Go for anything jet black and polish the shiet out of it.

Pearleascent black is waaay sexy

Honda's B92P is the best black I've seen so far

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                      Honda Accord Euro-R
                      Honda Odyssey Absolute
                      Honda City I-DSi
                      Honda Stream

Comment

i like the flat black

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I dont know man. It kinda looks like some kids got cans of black spray paint and went crazy on the car.

Comment

flat black does look sick but jet black is just so got damn wet lol even a candy black would do the job

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

Nice ride Popey, i like the paint. Does anyone have any pics of how the car looks in candy and pearlescent?

Comment

Working...
                              X