Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine Bay Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Bay Cleaning

Well, being that I am new to the CB7 world, thought I would ask before doing. Now it's been years since I have actually washed and engine and it's bay... What's the best way of going about washing this thing? On the old mustang I could spray it with simple green and hose it off (covering the filter with a bag and such).. How temperamental are these engines on the CB's? Thanks in advance!

Cover your air filter, fuel injector resister box and alt and use simple green or engine degreaser. Works ever time.

Comment

sweet, thanks.. Fule injector resistor what?!? HAHAHA I'll get caught up on these components and their locations soon enough!!

Comment

If you want, just take out your battery, and hose it, spray it with Gunk Engine degreaser, scrub some, and then just hose it off. You in cali, so you should be able to get away with having your bay facing the sun and it being completely dried off in like 2 hrs.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

http://www.1017.org/nsx/Enginetrick/EngineTrick.htm

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
          New people click here

Comment

Nice link, thank you, sounds like a good plan to follow.. I'll let you folks know, as I will be doing this. I already have the before shot, just want the after..

Comment

don't forget to cover the alternator and other electronic components (plastic bags will do).

there are a few threads here that cover this. search it.
              My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Definately want to make sure the electrical components are covered, you're in Cali, nice! I wish we had Cali winters here in Canada!
                CanAm '10 Cruise - Niagara Falls, ON -- Largest Annual TAC/6GA/AZine Cruise, June 4th-6th

Comment

yeah Cali is nice, but with the economy and the cost of living.. it's not that great..

Comment

The only thing you have it really worry about getting wet is the distributer.
                    wat?

Comment

GUNK Engine Cleaner is by far the best and in my opinion only way to wash a motor. I believe it has silicon or something like that in it to protect all the electrical components. Ive been useing it for years without covering any electrical components like people have stated and have never had any problems... Ever

Comment

by far, most members here suggest simple green, it does the job, just make sure it not over your driveway, thats gonna be fun to clean.
                        hehe sweet

Comment

I've done some searching. I know to cover the alt and filter, but where is the fuel injector resister box?
                          My Car
                          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
                            I've done some searching. I know to cover the alt and filter, but where is the fuel injector resister box?
                            Ive never covered that. should be fine.
                            wat?

Comment

where can u get the gunk engine cleaner
                              Click Here To Check Out My Ride
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

Working...
                              X