Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Has anybody ever bought these projector headlights from this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody ever bought these projector headlights from this site?

http://www.racinglab.com/projector-h...honda-002.html

It's from a site called RacingLab which looks to have legitimate prices and parts for performance & auto accessories. I've heard the issues on the light output with most projector headlights, that is why the last search how found on here is about the output and how everyone just seemed to do a HID retrofit into the projector lights, I may do the same, but if someone has bought these before and the output [stock] isn't that bad then I'm thinkin on buying them

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

You can get them for half that price on eBay.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

a few yearrs ago i bought some expensive projector lights just like these, and man it doesnt matter where you get them the output sucks, honestly save your money and use it towards other thing on your car, your light output now will blow these away

Comment

Dont get those bro... just get some HIDs and blackhouse your stocks

Comment

Yeah it was either getting projectors or blackhousing my stocks. But honestly I need new stock headlights and I found some nicely blackhoused already on eBay, Blackhoused OEM headlights. The reason I need new ones is that long time ago when my parents drove the car I believe my dad broke the knob on the back of the bulb where you turn to unlock/lock the bulbs in place? Because I just noticed it today that when I opened up the hood, I looked down by the rear of the headlight and it had red adhesive on it holding it in place.

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

dont get them ... period , i have a set , not in black , but they such ,i get no light out put at night and when i see another car that has great night vision ....

i cry

now i am switching to non- projector lights, not getting stock tho, just some nice blk housed headlights on ebay or sumetin , then HID of course

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
            -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_H22_SLEEPER View Post
              Yeah it was either getting projectors or blackhousing my stocks. But honestly I need new stock headlights and I found some nicely blackhoused already on eBay, Blackhoused OEM headlights. The reason I need new ones is that long time ago when my parents drove the car I believe my dad broke the knob on the back of the bulb where you turn to unlock/lock the bulbs in place? Because I just noticed it today that when I opened up the hood, I looked down by the rear of the headlight and it had red adhesive on it holding it in place.

Man that sucks... but a great reason to change looks. Yeah do blackhouse stocks

who's real ? who's fake ? that's the people I hate

Comment

better off keepin ur own stocks and blackhouse them. save alot of $$$.
                My ride History:
                Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
                Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
                Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
                -----------------------------------
                1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

My friend has projectors AND HID's and my stock headlights and stock bulbs light up the road better.

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT View Post
                    My friend has projectors AND HID's and my stock headlights and stock bulbs light up the road better.
                    That doesn't surprise me a bit.

But, for sake of arguement:
                    Are they REAL HID's (ballast, bulb) or are they "xenon" bulbs?
                    What temp are his HID's.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

They're real HID's with a 5000k rating

Comment

Wow if this isn't like the bagillionth question about these lights. Light output for my set doesn't suck. The biggest thing that people don't understand is that you need to adjust them after you install them for they ship pointing directly down, and when they point directly down, they suck, but if you adjust them properly on level ground 25 feet away from a wall, you aim the cutoff on the projectors no higher then your bumper. You have to remember that projectors have a focused beam, vs our stock headlights have a spread beam. So that makes a difference in appeared output. When comparing my projectors to other cars that use halogens like me on the road, my lights are just as bright or brighter on the road as others but the beams extend farther forward then others, at the cost of losing light to the sides. Intersection lights could probably easily fill in the sides when you need them, to make turns!

Think of a maglite, you can adjust the beam to be spread which is like your stock headlights but its not bright in the distance, or you can focus it as tightly as possible and see farther, at the expense of not being able to see wider up closer.

The highbeams are H1, and the lowbeams are H3, and the lights are perfectly legal since they are dot and sae stamped, and halogens are the standard for them. Also when converting to hid, since the bulbs are longer and the center of light for each bulb is different, you might have to move the hid bulb back farther to provide the same cutoff that the halogen provides, or else you might end up glaring other drivers.

I am very happy with my headlights, and there output is at least as good as the stock headlights given the difference in beam pattern. Also light output on the projector portion might be improved by coating the inside of the housing with a reflective material instead of flat black plastic behind the lense. Possible good DIY improvement with that thought. Maybe cut a strip of mylar and glue it inside the housing would be easy enough.

Oh and when i'm cruising on the highway at night people move out of my way because I have the inner running lights that makes them question if i'm a cop especially if their back window is dirty. lol
                        Last edited by cloudasc; 01-31-2009, 05:38 PM.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

yea,i always thought that ebay projectors got a bad rap,when its not that bad at all,usually people like to jump on the band wagon and flame these lights when they never even owned a pair, so how can they talk shit?

anyway,i've had ebay and diy black house and both are in and around the same,once you configure the projectors ofcourse.
                          ebay retro fit is the beans.....looks sooo clear,better output then with stock lights for sure.

Comment

I have these also. How do you adjust them?

Comment

Little Screws accessble from the top on the headlight near the lowbeams I believe. I'll take a look here in a sec and get back to ya.

I had mine installed when I sent it to the body shop to fix up some accident damage (not my fault), I have pictures in my members ride thread.
                              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                              X