Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

black door panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black door panels

So, overread a post earlier of a guy painting a few things on his door, and had the same tan interior I do. I started doing a few pieces, then it got out of control, but it didn't turn out too shabby. For the past 2 1/2 years I've had this car, I was always about performance. Not so much looks, but lately I've been doing some interior/exterior work. It's quite fun once you get the motivation to start. Once you start, you can't wait to see the finish project.

98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

I dunno about that much black.

I have tan too, and id like to make the bottom fabirc black and make the center piece black.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Looks good, but I would find a grommet on the firewall to run those wires through before all your hard work goes up in flames...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

looks good, I think you were looking at my post!!! Now take off the speaker grills and cover them with grill cloth
        MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
        If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
          I dunno about that much black.

I have tan too, and id like to make the bottom fabirc black and make the center piece black.
          I've been going for a dark look for the car, lots of black. I plan on doing a lot of the interior black, find some black seats and such. One day the outside of the car will be black. Iuno, doesn't make any sense with all the tan interior, then the black dashboard. Looks funny. Figured I'd make the doors and it, match. Most of the door was all scuffed with black marks, and just....black crap that I couldn't get off.

Originally posted by wherm View Post
          Looks good, but I would find a grommet on the firewall to run those wires through before all your hard work goes up in flames...
          I've had it like that quite awhile. I really do need to run them a bit better. I plan on gettin' a bigger gauge for the Amp, since I just threw a 2nd Amp in the trunk.

Originally posted by rudy1980 View Post
          looks good, I think you were looking at my post!!! Now take off the speaker grills and cover them with grill cloth
          Yea, I think so. haha Will do. Still gotta do the other 3.
          98' Mustang 3V Swap
          11' VW CC R36

Comment

Right!
            Originally posted by wherm View Post

Comment

test each can of paint before using it, for some strange reason, one of my panels had almost no gloss and a TEXTURE to it, it added another coat from another can and got some gloss back, but the texture is still there
              I did use the same brand and kind on each door before you ask
              MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
              If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980 View Post
                test each can of paint before using it, for some strange reason, one of my panels had almost no gloss and a TEXTURE to it, it added another coat from another can and got some gloss back, but the texture is still there
                I did use the same brand and kind on each door before you ask
                Did you use any clear coat of any sort?
                98' Mustang 3V Swap
                11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
                  So, overread a post earlier of a guy painting a few things on his door, and had the same tan interior I do. I started doing a few pieces, then it got out of control, but it didn't turn out too shabby. For the past 2 1/2 years I've had this car, I was always about performance. Not so much looks, but lately I've been doing some interior/exterior work. It's quite fun once you get the motivation to start. Once you start, you can't wait to see the finish project.

Those wires where they hook'd up to
                  My ride History:
                  Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
                  Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
                  Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
                  -----------------------------------
                  1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

what paint type did u use? any prep? my door is the same with scuffs i cant get off and the carpet fell off

Comment

I used Krylon fusion for plastic. I sanded everything I painted, with 320 grit sand paper, just to get some of the gunk buildup off it from over the years. I noticed at first, that without sanding, it would bubble up and not stick in certain spots. So, just resanded and it worked out perfect. It says it dries in 15 minutes, but yea..it dries, but if you touch it, it'll be kinda sticky. I just let it sit for about 3 hours, and put everything back together.

As for the wires, they're for my Amps, fogs, and fans. I really do plan on rerouting them elsewhere, but it just hasn't been nice enough out to do so. Most of the stuff I've been doing, I take off the car real quick, and take inside.
                      98' Mustang 3V Swap
                      11' VW CC R36

Comment

Working...
                      X