Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Headlight help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight help?

OKay so im looking to get new headlights i like the look of projector ones but everyone says the output is crap. an i believe them. i also here about retrofitting some but i can't do that im not smart enough lol so if you can help me out with any suggestions i'd be very grateful. Thank you

First question...Why are you looking for new headlights? You want a look other than OEM, or do you want something custom??? I think the best looking headlights are either the stock lights with the black housing, or some jdm one piece black housed headlights.

Or are you looking to go brighter? It's not too hard to install an aftermarket HID kit, just need some wiring experience and general electrical knowledge.

Give us some ideas why you're looking to change and we can help you from there.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

The black housing ones should be your first choice i think
      Auto Upholstery and Carpet Cleaning and Detail Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
        First question...Why are you looking for new headlights? You want a look other than OEM, or do you want something custom??? I think the best looking headlights are either the stock lights with the black housing, or some jdm one piece black housed headlights.

Or are you looking to go brighter? It's not too hard to install an aftermarket HID kit, just need some wiring experience and general electrical knowledge.

Give us some ideas why you're looking to change and we can help you from there.
        mne are cracked, an i want something brighter.

Comment

Please though if you put in hid's do a retrofit with some projectors or you will blind every one on the road. I ran a ebay plug and play hid kit when they were the rage. Then finally I got around to doing a retro on my last civic hatch and that was like a night and day difference. Then riding in my friends s2k with hid's compaired to my civic with pnp hid kit was crazy difference. There is cut offs and everything that you need to worry about. If you just want new looking head lights hit up the junkyard or ebay and you should find some cheapish.
          "Cause hooking vtec to a switch is stupid. Why not hook vtec up to a clapper and just slap your self in the face everytime you race."

Comment

I have a newb question about the HID conversion kits as I'm not that knowledgable about the terminology and electrical systems...ask me about any type of computer component or operating system issue, and I'm your guy, but actual electical systems, not so much.

1) The HID conversion kits for H1, H3, H13, etc., the ballast is where said H1, H3, H13 bulb connects in the actual headlight housing?

2) On the opposite side of the ballast, is that where our 9006 lowbeam power connectors plug into to give the H1, H3, H13 bulbs power?

As such, I am REALLY diggin' a lot of people's retrofits they've graciously shown on the forum and I am in desperate need of better light output at night.

Please forgive my ignorance of the subject.
            Last edited by Chronuss; 07-21-2009, 02:30 PM.
            God created turbo lag to give eight cylinders a chance.

Comment

where could i find the cheapest black housing headlights or the jdm one piece black headlights its so hard to find some that dont look like so ricey lol

Comment

Here go some blackhoused on Ebay. Whether they are the cheapest I don't know.
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...Q5fAccessories
                Or for cheaper you could just blackhouse your own shit. Just search for it cuz there's a DIY on it somewhere. And as far as the blackhoused JDM one piece, you're gonna have to find you a set and blackhouse them yourself or find somebody selling a set already blackhoused.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronuss View Post

I have a newb question about the HID conversion kits as I'm not that knowledgable about the terminology and electrical systems...ask me about any type of computer component or operating system issue, and I'm your guy, but actual electical systems, not so much.

1) The HID conversion kits for H1, H3, H13, etc., the ballast is where said H1, H3, H13 bulb connects in the actual headlight housing?

2) On the opposite side of the ballast, is that where our 9006 lowbeam power connectors plug into to give the H1, H3, H13 bulbs power?

As such, I am REALLY diggin' a lot of people's retrofits they've graciously shown on the forum and I am in desperate need of better light output at night.

Please forgive my ignorance of the subject.
                  The HID bulb goes where your normal bulb goes. That then plugs into the ballast and then the original wire for your headlights (that was plugged into your original bulb) plugs into the ballast. Then BAM, you're on HID status.

Comment

Working...
                  X