Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rims + Lugs Question - First Time Buyer of AfterMarket Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rims + Lugs Question - First Time Buyer of AfterMarket Rims

Hey guys, just got my self a set of rims for my baby
    Enkei RSE - 17inch
    heres some pics

Anyways
    Heres my question
    Lugs: Which should i get? im looking for something cheap
    AND: Will i have to extend the bolts when i change the lug nuts?

Thanks For your help guys

Chris
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Nice wheels!

As for lug nuts, go to a autoparts store (Autozone, PepBoys, etc) and get "tuner lugs". They'll be pretty cheap, and they'll do that job just fine.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i know one thing, you will need the lugs that are a angle, not acorn like oem ones, i have to buy all new lugs from americas tires for a buck apiece an a set of gorilla lugs that have the key for 20. ya the tuner lugs, thats there name lol

best bet is go to a tire store and have them set you up, improper lugs are not safe as i found out. americas tires would even pput my rims on the car with the old ones i had on.

and ya, very nice rims, love rims with lips/ dishes on them

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
        Nice wheels!

As for lug nuts, go to a autoparts store (Autozone, PepBoys, etc) and get "tuner lugs". They'll be pretty cheap, and they'll do that job just fine.
        Yeah im going to check kalotire tomorrow

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordlx View Post
        i know one thing, you will need the lugs that are a angle, not acorn like oem ones, i have to buy all new lugs from americas tires for a buck apiece an a set of gorilla lugs that have the key for 20. ya the tuner lugs, thats there name lol

best bet is go to a tire store and have them set you up, improper lugs are not safe as i found out. americas tires would even pput my rims on the car with the old ones i had on.

and ya, very nice rims, love rims with lips/ dishes on them
        Yeah, i geuss im gonna have to go and get the lugs

Also, is there a specific size im looking for? cas on ebay i saw it like 12X1.5 or something. Not really sure lol and im geussing i dont have to change the studs?
        ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
          Nice wheels!

the tuner lugs will work fine
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Like these:

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

also look into hubcentric rings to make sure the tire stays cetered about your axle
              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
              The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rave93 View Post

Also, is there a specific size im looking for? cas on ebay i saw it like 12X1.5 or something. Not really sure lol and im geussing i dont have to change the studs?
                thats the correct size you need 12x1.5, and no you dont have to mess with the studs. really cool rims btw!

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
                JANE 99 Infiniti i30
                2-9-11 - current
                "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                  Like these:

Thanks alot! I took a look at these and there like 60 bucks -_-

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                  the tuner lugs will work fine
                  Yep geuss ill go with those

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                  also look into hubcentric rings to make sure the tire stays cetered about your axle
                  How much do those run me for?

Originally posted by sow3r View Post
                  thats the correct size you need 12x1.5, and no you dont have to mess with the studs. really cool rims btw!
                  Sweet, thanks for the correct size. Also thanks for the compliment, im waiting to get em on
                  ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Also, just want to know if i should get 205/50/17 tires for it?
                    Cas i dont really plan on lowering it and i just want to decrease the fender gap.
                    What size of tire should i run?
                    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by rave93 View Post
                      Also, just want to know if i should get 205/50/17 tires for it?
                      Cas i dont really plan on lowering it and i just want to decrease the fender gap.
                      What size of tire should i run?
                      Eh 50's are pretty big. I would go with 45's. Im running 40's right now and wish i had the 45's for more comfort.

Comment

i got my hubcentric rings for $10
                        2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                        The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                        August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Austintizzzle View Post
                          Eh 50's are pretty big. I would go with 45's. Im running 40's right now and wish i had the 45's for more comfort.
                          Are you running at stock height? Cas im trying to fill up that gap hahah

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                          i got my hubcentric rings for $10
                          oh nice ill keep an eye out for em

Thanks for all the help guys
                          ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Crystal Mall, Canadian Tire, Asian Stores They Got Them....it's Expensive Though...checks Craiglist!!!!i Found Some But I Don't Know If There Still There!!!!
                            VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                            1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                            MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

An aspect ratio of 40 or 45 is what you want... I agree with the 45, as I had 40 and I bent the hell out of my rims.

The hubcentric rings are important. These rims will not sit flush against the hub, so it will be putting unnecessary pressure on the studs (that they were not designed to handle).

Comment

Working...
                              X