Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rims + Lugs Question - First Time Buyer of AfterMarket Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so 205 50 17 is too much you think?
    ugh another expense that i have totally missed Guess the install of these are gonna be on hold till i get ahead in school (IB program is really shoving it up the ass D then i can rummage through my garage, sell some parts and finally get em on b4 summer

Thanks for all the help guys!!
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by rave93 View Post
      so 205 50 17 is too much you think?
      ugh another expense that i have totally missed Guess the install of these are gonna be on hold till i get ahead in school (IB program is really shoving it up the ass D then i can rummage through my garage, sell some parts and finally get em on b4 summer

Thanks for all the help guys!!
      I love my 205/50's and frankly, I wouldn't mind /55's. 55s are not especially a common size, though.

Comment

You should not get lock from auto zone they all have the same key. Get something like mcgard they all have diffrent keys and they come with a code so if you lose your key you call them up and they send you a replacement one.

Comment

nice rims! ive had a 2 & a 2 1/2 inch drop & used 215 45 r 17 with no problems. post more pics of your ride!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
            I love my 205/50's and frankly, I wouldn't mind /55's. 55s are not especially a common size, though.
            ahh i see, hows the ride? specially with stock suspension? Does it cover the massive gap?

Originally posted by FrostyCd5 View Post
            You should not get lock from auto zone they all have the same key. Get something like mcgard they all have diffrent keys and they come with a code so if you lose your key you call them up and they send you a replacement one.
            How much do those run me?

Originally posted by pninja82 View Post
            nice rims! ive had a 2 & a 2 1/2 inch drop & used 215 45 r 17 with no problems. post more pics of your ride!
            Yeah man thanks for the compliment Im waiting on lugs, and tires for now

Thanks again guys !!!
            ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

40 just be carefully hitting deep rutts, 45 is a little steep for 17;s

Comment

Originally posted by rave93 View Post
                ahh i see, hows the ride? specially with stock suspension? Does it cover the massive gap?

The ride's a little poorer than I'd like, but that's largely due to the higher Neuspeed Race springs rates.

As for the gap, yeah definitely. I personally really didn't like the look of 40-series tires back when I was only dropped an inch and change. 50-series tires didn't really help the car look much lower, but at least it wasn't highlighting the gap like the 40-series did.

Comment

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordlx View Post
                  40 just be carefully hitting deep rutts, 45 is a little steep for 17;s
                  I'll see, they came with yokohama 205 40 17's that are worn from camber, but ill put em on and see how it looks.

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                  The ride's a little poorer than I'd like, but that's largely due to the higher Neuspeed Race springs rates.

As for the gap, yeah definitely. I personally really didn't like the look of 40-series tires back when I was only dropped an inch and change. 50-series tires didn't really help the car look much lower, but at least it wasn't highlighting the gap like the 40-series did.
                  Yeah! thats what i was hoping, because running 40's with stock height might look a bit off haha
                  ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

sup guys, just wanted to let you know that i put the rims on just now
                    Think they look good, cept for that horrendous gap :'(
                    Hopefully it will get reduced once i put on the 205 50 17's
                    Currently running on the 40s, well at least three. One of the tires has a screw in it -_- Will try and get a temp fix for it so i can run on all 4 rims. Reason i can do all this temporary stuff is that the car isnt a daily driver. Its in the garage for most of the time because it needs a windshield.
                    Anyways, will get pics tomorrow, hopefully its sunny
                    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

New Pics

Hey guys, finally got some pics of her with the new shoes
                      also stole my dads sun roof visor as well

Heres some pics

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I definately like it! A drop in the near future?

Comment

By the looks of that gap most likely haha
                          I'm planning on running 205 50's instead of the 40s that are on there. Might decrease the gap
                          ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

It should.

If nothing else, the tires will at least seem meatier. Imo that gives the impression of less gap, even if actual gap has hardly changed.

Comment

looks good. I would recommend lowering it. What lugs did you end up using?

Comment

imo the ideal size for tires on 17 inch rims for our cbs would be 215/45R17...and the tire will look a lil stretched with 205s depending on the width of the rims..

Comment

Working...
                                X