Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to de-rice my cb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to de-rice my cb

okay iv'e had my cb and never really tried doing this but now finally since now i'm starting to like the way my cb looks i have a small problem . I've got stickers around it some on the fenders,bumper, and everywhere not to mention there no even automotive performance stickers but motorcylce racing stickers...So its cold here and I'm pretty sure it's going to be tougher for me to get those stickers of but is there any type of solution that would work so far the only thing i know that would a least help is using a plastic razor blade but i need some type of chemical that will soften up the sticker but not hurt the paint
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

rubbing alcohol would be your best bet. If you don't care about the paint then use paint thinner lol

Comment

peel off what you can, then use goo-gone to help lift up the residue. that would also help
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
        peel off what you can, then use goo-gone to help lift up the residue. that would also help
        Now that you mentioned it at work i had to take off some adhesive left from double sided tape and it did nothing at all but some how i used carb cleaner and it worked great but not sure if carb cleaner would ruin my paint

Comment

Do NOT use nail polish remover. That was the worst idea ever on my integras perfect paint.

Rubbing alcohol would be ideal IMO

Comment

Goo gone and a hair dryer.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
            I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Maybe a heat gun to soften them? Ive even seen a heated scraper, for removing stickers.There basically a handle with a plug that you can put into a socket to cause it to heat up and that holds a razor blade so you can easily remove decals.I dont know if they have one where you live but, I saw one at Harbor Freight Tools for less than $10.

Comment

Originally posted by pninja82 View Post
                Maybe a heat gun to soften them? Ive even seen a heated scraper, for removing stickers.There basically a handle with a plug that you can put into a socket to cause it to heat up and that holds a razor blade so you can easily remove decals.I dont know if they have one where you live but, I saw one at Harbor Freight Tools for less than $10.
                there is a Habor frieght store around where i live never been there though. a heated razor blades sounds nice

Comment

brake fluid haha jkjk

Comment

I've used windex and a blade...it's worked good for me.

Comment

any type of citrus based degreaser should do the trick.. the acid eats adhesives with ease and wont hurt your paint.. get a good industrial version though from a chemical supply house..
                      F UR K
                      MRT- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post2804186

Comment

I've used a steam cleaner with success (also worked wonders for removing old shitty purple tint!)

Comment

Peel it off then find label remove shit works amazing....

Comment

LCD screen cleaner and a rough cloth works very well.

i've also used zippo fluid in the past

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

hair dryer at first. then you can youse a soap and water solution. it would be best to heat it up well before attempting to remove it

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                              Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

Working...
                              X