Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Things to worry about when lowered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to worry about when lowered?

I will be lowering my Cb7 soon, and I'm not going to be dumping it or slamming it, just moderately lowering it. But with a moderate lower are there still things to be worried about. Im not going to be lowering it enough to start shaving stuff in the fenders or putting camber on it, just covering about a half an inch to an inch on the front tires. I am just making sure.

Thanks

-sideways

I drive lowered every day. I don't worry about anything other than really steep curb approaches or raised manholes.

Comment

Watch for potholes the way u go in and out ur drive way or parking places and bumpy roads

Comment

Be sure to use proper components when lowering your car. Not all shocks are compatible with performance springs (in fact, most are not.)

and are you saying you're going to be lowering the car enough so that you will be hiding up to an inch of tire behind your fender? yeah, that is seriously slammed...

Comment

I've been seriously slammed....in the worst possible way....ebay coilover sleeves on OEM struts.

DO NOT DO IT. Deev speaks the words of truth.

Being that low is also unsafe and impractical for daily driving.

As Jarrett has said; "is there a goal you're trying to accomplish other than looking dope as hell?"

EPIC FAIL

You just can't safely drive like this
          Last edited by crazymikey; 03-10-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I have between 1-2 finger gaps on my car, so far I've noticed that I have to be careful going in and out of MOST parking lots, driveways and some side roads. Pot holes, man hole covers, random debris in the road, small animals that would NORMALLY fit under a stock Accord... the list goes on.

Comment

[QUOTE=crazymikey;2956897]I've been seriously slammed....in the worst possible way....ebay coilover sleeves on OEM struts.

DO NOT DO IT. Deev speaks the words of truth.

Being that low is also unsafe and impractical for daily driving.

As Jarrett has said; "is there a goal you're trying to accomplish other than looking dope as hell?"

EPIC FAIL

Holy balls! Is that a bent knuckle???

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

i was just going to get ebay coil over sleeves. I mean i understand i can blow the shocks and struts. But i have been in a car with that and i really don't care. Now what i am worried about is what the picture shows. what happened there and why did that happen.

Comment

That is exactly what is going to happen to you if you go ebay on your suspension.

Comment

Yes, but what happened? my brother has ridden on ebay coil over sleeves for over a year before and obviously the shocks were blown and everything but something never actually happened like that?

Comment

In that photo I posted, there is no damage. That is just the finished installed product.

However, after about 2 weeks, I went over some railway tracks on the highway at about 40mph and my front end completely dropped. The spring perches both stripped the threads on the sleeves and the springs pushes the perches all the way down, bottoming out my front end.

Not only that, the ride quality was horrendous. It was so bouncy I almost got sea sick. If I had more than 1 person in the car it would rub while turning or hitting bumps.

You can see in the wheel well 2 spots where the tire rubbed.

Sideways: "But i have been in a car with that and i really don't care." Step away from your car and put down the tools. Don't even touch it anymore.

Comment

Alright then .

Well then. i guess i will have to save up for full coil overs. what about lowering springs?

Comment

You dont need coilovers.

A good spring & strut combo is more than enough for good looks, performance, safety and quality.

I have Tein springs on stock struts. Tein springs are one of the very few lowering springs that are compatible with the stock struts. I've also used Tanabe springs that I bought from a member on here.

However, by the time you price out a quality spring/strut set up, you're around the same price range as F&F coilovers, so really at that point the choice is yours.
                          Last edited by crazymikey; 03-10-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Alright then well thanks so much for all the help. I guess ill have to think about it a little bit.

Comment

Suspension & brakes are 2 areas where you cannot cheap out on your parts. They are the single most important safety factors of the entire vehicle.

Spend the money once to do it right, and it's cheaper than constantly replacing cheap broken parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X