Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

brand new HID's not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brand new HID's not working

hey guys i bought a 9006 Hid kit and its very smiple all plug and play. for some reason when i turn the lights on nothing at all happens. the hid light bulbs dont light up? any advice will help thank you

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Since I the polarity doesn't matter for halogen bulbs, I would try to flip the connectors from the light harness around. The ballasts are polarity dependent.

I have had to do this numerous times on Hondas.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
      Since I the polarity doesn't matter for halogen bulbs, I would try to flip the connectors from the light harness around. The ballasts are polarity dependent.

ya ihave herd this before but i dont really understand it because the conectors only go in one way. could you possible explain it to me please

Comment

same thing happened to me ,, jam the light connectors into the ballast the wrong way and it should work ,, u are right ,, they only clip on one way but if u jamm it hard enough it should stay on ,, just tape it or send the hids back and try other one ,, but this worked for me and they never came of or nothin
        10th Anniversary Accord.
        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

You can pull the connectors out of the plug with a needle nose, or flathead and flip them around. That way you actually have a plug that clips in.

That's what I did.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
            You can pull the connectors out of the plug with a needle nose, or flathead and flip them around. That way you actually have a plug that clips in.

That's what I did.
            Thanks i will try that out and see what happens

Comment

If u go them from eBay and paid about 60-70 bucks for it u may have gotten a faulty kit. Notify your seller for a replacement. That's what happend to me. The installation is pretty easy, just plug and play, so chances are u did it the right way. Also, if u do get a replacement or they decide to turn on check if your bulbs are flickering. If they are I would send them back for that also.
              Last edited by pike0825; 03-31-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Since the polarity doesn't matter for halogen bulbs, I would try to flip the connectors from the light harness around. The ballasts are polarity dependent.

+1

Worked for me back when i was using a PnP kit...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

This happened to himme with my kit, simply put em in the wrong way and they started up just fine

Comment

what would happen if you dont have a ballast with HIDs?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990SL0Cb7 View Post
                      what would happen if you dont have a ballast with HIDs?
                      then you couldn't use them.

Comment

if your sure you have them hooked up right try this..

the part that plugs into your stock housing.. flip it over and plug it in upside down. it will seem to not go in but i assure you it will.

if you bought a cheap ebay kit (i did) then this happens at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                          then you couldn't use them.
                          According to what the info on my 'hids' are.. they are gas xenon hids. i plugged them in and they work not as bright as hids but there brighter than the lights a i had (still a white light)

weird

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR View Post
                            if your sure you have them hooked up right try this..

the part that plugs into your stock housing.. flip it over and plug it in upside down. it will seem to not go in but i assure you it will.

if you bought a cheap ebay kit (i did) then this happens at times.

thanks bro will do

Comment

Make sure you pressed them in until you hear a clicking sound on the connectors, FYI if u tried reverse polarity make sure you check your fuses, DDM Tuning worked fine
                              CB will be out beginning of March

Comment

Working...
                              X