Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clean Engine Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
    what if he has vacuum leaks or loose wires ,, soft and brittle hoses ir plastic ,, everythin in there must be nice and tight.
    If he had vacuum leaks or shorts/loose connections in his wiring. One would assume that he would be complaining of idle and operating issues, not wanting to know how to clean his engine bay.

Everything in the bay should be clean, nice and tight and strong..... that is the way it comes from the factory. Proper care and maintenance of your vehicle will keep it that way. If a part is worn loose or broken fix/replace it, it is that simple.

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
    i wouldn't do it to mine because i know i could. brake some stuff
    It may be time to replace some of that old delicate stuff.....
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ILLCB7 View Post
      Does it harm the engine if its running?
      If your electrical components have been taken care of it shouldn't.

I used too run the engine just out of fear of it not starting again when I was done. However, now that everything is sealed up properly. I don't. I never saw that it helped in the cleaning process anyway. Therefore I see no need to waste gas while cleaning the engine bay.

If you do have some loose connectors or shorted wires. Adding water to a running engine could cause some issues. That goes for using a pressure washer or a garden hose.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        If your electrical components have been taken care of it shouldn't.

I used too run the engine just out of fear of it not starting again when I was done. However, now that everything is sealed up properly. I don't. I never saw that it helped in the cleaning process anyway. Therefore I see no need to waste gas while cleaning the engine bay.

If you do have some loose connectors or shorted wires. Adding water to a running engine could cause some issues. That goes for using a pressure washer or a garden hose.
        I see thanks again

Comment

so can i just go to the car wash and use that engine stuff and then pressure wash it off?
          visit vgruk

Comment

I'm not sure about your area. I know that there are very few DIY car washes around my area that allow engine bay washing. The few that do allow it only allow the use of citric or biodegradable cleaners. None of the chemical cleaners are allowed. So you should make sure you are allowed to spray the engine compartment and find out what cleaner/degreaser that they allow.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

This should help you

http://www.1017.org/nsx/Enginetrick/EngineTrick.htm

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

It may be time to replace some of that old delicate stuff..... [/QUOTE]

yeah i know ,, gotta find this leak first but my priority is my thermostat which ill be changing tomorrow
                10th Anniversary Accord.
                05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

I pressure wash my engine bay all the time. I just cover my air filter & alternator.

At work, I pressure wash engines every day. Never had a problem.

Before:

Pressure washed & hand cleaned
                  Last edited by crazymikey; 04-21-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    I pressure wash my engine bay all the time. I just cover my air filter & alternator.

At work, I pressure wash engines every day. Never had a problem.

Before:

Pressure washed & hand cleaned
                    LMAO. That did not happen with the pressure wash dude. The stock air box is gone and after with the CAI. The valve cover, battery hold down, and fuse box cover turn purple. I sure want to know the trick there. Makes lots of money.

Comment

The cleanliness happened with the pressure washer. The other stuff doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X