Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Replacing standard door and dome lights with LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing standard door and dome lights with LED

Hey, I’ve searched for replacing the standard lights in the car with LED’s and haven’t found anything regarding the interior lights. Specifically, I’d like to replace the door marker lights, dome light, and maybe add footwell lights, but that’s a whole other deal. So, has anyone done this, and if so, what types of bulbs have you used? Would this be an E-Bay thing to find?
    Thanks!
    MRT's:
    2001 Acura CL
    1991 Honda Accord SE

Originally posted by Bad_dude
    If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, you activate the after burner full throttle. Lol. Then when you press it, boom, fast as the T-Mobile data plan chic.

LED Replacement Bulbs Kit :
    Location[Stock Bulb #]
    Back up light[1156]
    Brake warning[74]
    Directional signal indicator[74]
    Dome light[DE3022]
    Front sidemarker[168]
    Front turn signal[1156]
    High mount stop light[921]
    Instrument-general[74]
    License plate[168]
    Parking light[1157]
    Rear sidemarker[168]
    Rear turn signal[1156]
    Step/Courtesy light[194]
    Stop light[2057]
    Tail light[2057]
    Trunk/Cargo area[DE3022]
    Trunk/Cargo area[DE3423]

http://www.superbrightleds.com/vehic...ulb_finder.php

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Comment

Awesome! Thank you so much! Man, they have everything.
      MRT's:
      2001 Acura CL
      1991 Honda Accord SE

Originally posted by Bad_dude
      If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, you activate the after burner full throttle. Lol. Then when you press it, boom, fast as the T-Mobile data plan chic.

Comment

They're pricy with some things but they're the best quality amongst any supplier I've used.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I replaced my dome with a 12 led 31mm festoon style bulb. From eBay.

Last edited by dysfunk; 05-30-2012, 02:10 AM.
          92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
          2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by ghowell6 View Post
            Awesome! Thank you so much! Man, they have everything.
            no prob bro, now that you know the stock bulb types you can source LED replacements from wherever you see fit. But the quality may be lacking with no name stuff off ebay..even dealextreme has them cheaper..or now you can gut an old bulb and make your own if you have parts laying around, like the LED festoon bulb, looks like it was made in someones shed in Shenzhen Guangdong Province (easily, radioshack parts and a little planning)
            There are these badass UV LEDS, think mini black lights, that I want to do for my dome light

Last edited by illinois_erik; 05-30-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X