Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Negative camber good or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, i couldnt say it better myself
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

Comment

This page might be useful even though it is aimed towards the Si http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/R...20Packages.htm. I have about -1.5 on my Si front and back. Handles like a dream. Any camber that isn't aimed towards performance is stupid and a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Thormx353 View Post
        This page might be useful even though it is aimed towards the Si http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/R...20Packages.htm. I have about -1.5 on my Si front and back. Handles like a dream. Any camber that isn't aimed towards performance is stupid and a waste of money.
        FRIENDS
        DONT LET
        FRIENDS
        ROLL ON
        ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
          Don't encourage the noobs to whore up their post count with shit like this.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Don't encourage the noobs to whore up their post count with shit like this.
            i'm just agreeing to his statement, not encouraging anything
            FRIENDS
            DONT LET
            FRIENDS
            ROLL ON
            ROTA'S

Comment

You can agree without posting a useless comment. If you had under 30 posts, your count may have been reset. If you do it, noobs may follow your lead.

Comment

You can agree without posting a useless comment. If you had under 30 posts, your count may have been reset. If you do it, noobs may follow your lead.
                but i want 35K post like you lol, alright i'll keep the "useless" posting to a minimum. starting...

...NOW
                FRIENDS
                DONT LET
                FRIENDS
                ROLL ON
                ROTA'S

Comment

Do you really want to have this discussion?

Comment

Do you really want to have this discussion?
                    that last post was a joke
                    FRIENDS
                    DONT LET
                    FRIENDS
                    ROLL ON
                    ROTA'S

Comment

Agreed. I remember the days when 15" or 16" wheels meant you were poor. Or if your car had stock bumpers, side skirts, hood, head lights, or tail lights, nobody considered your car to be "modified".

I love when I see suspension questions in the "appearance" section. It shows the mindset of the person making the thread... and in most cases, their ignorance toward the effects of modifying the suspension.
                      I remember those days. I wasn't old enough to drive back then. The time span between The Fast and The Furious and 2 Fast 2 Furious was pretty nuts. I wont be one to sit back and say I wasn't into it back then because I was. I was only 11 to 13 years old but still.

I don't pay that much attention to what section some threads are in. But if you see suspension questions in the appearance section, then yeah... you know where they are going with things. Function and safety are the last things on their mind and shouldn't even modify a tricycle.

Comment

camber doesn't kill tires, poor alignment and incorrect toe do. I have zero on my camber but I have bad inner tie rods so my ties are still being ate up. just rotate your tires every oil change after an alignment and you should be fine.

Comment

but, camber does kill tires. the weight of your car isnt distributed across the entire width of the tire. so it will wear faster, on the inside only. i guess you could break down the tires and flip them so the outside of the tire that wasnt really touching the ground will be on the inside. but, aint nobody got time for dat
                          GATORS GONNA GATE - - im also here: www.x-h20.com

Comment

I'm not going to read the entire thread.

I have -2.5 front and -1.8 rear. I also have .5 degree toe out in the front and .1 in in the rear. 35psi cold, bled to 35 when hot. I spent a week playing at the track after work and testing different settings. I've put 6k on my tires and a hard 6k since I finalized the settings. There is no visible wear on my tires (Kumho Ecsta AST 215/40/17). The goods about the setup. It is twitchy in a good way. When I tell the car to turn it turns. It also balanced the understeer a bit. Feels awesome! The bad. On crowned roads it's super twitchy. Tire wear is increased, but not by much and it has been evenly. It's probably too extreme for a DD, but I enjoy the rare occasions when I drive spirited. So that's my two cents.
                            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

im not an expert, but isnt -2.5 still considered in spec?
                              GATORS GONNA GATE - - im also here: www.x-h20.com

Comment

no I think your thinking of -1.5. and mazada come with negative camber and there tires are fine but then again they did master the rotary engine so all I can say is just test some stuff out.

Comment

Working...
                                X