Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

driver's side seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driver's side seat

I'm not sure who else has this problem but I have to really stretch out my leg to press in the clutch even with the seat all the way to the front. I'm not that short either I'm 5'10". Anyone tried to find a solution to this?

Originally posted by htownmike View Post
    I'm not sure who else has this problem but I have to really stretch out my leg to press in the clutch even with the seat all the way to the front. I'm not that short either I'm 5'10". Anyone tried to find a solution to this?
    May want to check your seat. I'm 5'10 and if i move the seat all the way forward I'm granny driving.

Comment

Ya I don't buy 5'10" and the seat is all the way forward, I'm 5'9" and I sit all the way back.

Loose pedal?
      MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
      1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Is the seatback tilted back severely? That could play a part in it (especially if the majority of your height is in your torso... I have a friend that's 6'7 that wears the same size pants as I do, and I'm 5'11.)

You may also want to check to make sure your seat rails are mounted correctly, and that your seat is the proper one for your car. If a previous owner had modified the car, he/she may have done a halfassed seat swap.

Comment

Ok I'll ask the previous owner if they did anything to the seat or if anything happened to the rails. I believe it has the stock seats and I believe nothing is wrong with them. I tried to recline as forward as I can. I sometimes have a hard time shifting. Like I said before I'm new to these cars. Thanks for the help.
          Last edited by htownmike; 08-14-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Something has got to be up with it, I'm 6'4" and can't even get into mine if the seat is not all the way back. Does the seat feel like it is sliding as far as it should? could be as simple as something under the seat that shouldn't be there.

Comment

I bringing this back up because I think I know what's wrong. Now is it normal for the passenger side seat to go farther forward than the driver's side seat? Because that is what mine is doing. When it gets cooler outside I'm going to check some more to see if anything is wrong or not.

Comment

Okay, this may sound stupid but I just dealt with this on my 92 EX for the passenger seat (and also on past CBs). The rails on these seats are fairly open and the angle of the seats are enough to empty your pockets while you're driving...that means change, phones, pens, etc. My issue was that my passenger seat wouldn't slide towards the front completely and no one could get into the back seat (I drive a coupe) without having to "squeeze" in. I couldn't figure out the issue until I removed the seats to pressure wash the carpet. Well when I took the seat out I flipped it over to find a mangled ass quarter jammed in the rail. After bending the quarter, I was able to remove it with a pair of pliers....problem solved.

So, without necessarily needing to type all that....I say check the seat rails for loose change because after owning 5 CB7s I have noticed that 5 out of 5 of them have had change jammed up in the rails.

So check the rails for change, and if you don't see anything without removing the seats...remove the seats and check the bottom of the rails. Removing the seats is simple. Pop the plastic caps off and remove the 4 bolts (2 in the front, and 2 in the back) then un-clip the plug underneath the seat and pull it out. I'm willing to bet that there's something jammed up in the rail.

I hope this helps you out and solves your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by htownmike View Post
                  I bringing this back up because I think I know what's wrong. Now is it normal for the passenger side seat to go farther forward than the driver's side seat? Because that is what mine is doing. When it gets cooler outside I'm going to check some more to see if anything is wrong or not.
                  Something is definitely wrong here Mike .. I'm 5/8 and if I moved mine all the way up,
                  my chin would be on top of the steering wheel

I'd look at those rails .. and btw, the two front seats should (my wagon and sedan did)
                  they should slide equal lengths, both all the way back ... and all the way forward ..
                  Check the tracks (maybe pull that seat out -- 4 bolts)
                  and see if there isn't something stuck, blocked .. or otherwise impeding the sliding in the track(s).

Maybe a modified drivers seat .. I dunno ..
                  Take some pictures with the seats out ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Luckily I drive a 4 door. That's one thing I was thinking it might be wrong. Later on when the sun goes down I'll look again. Just standing outside for a minute and you are sweating a storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                      check the rails for change, and if you don't see anything without removing the seats...remove the seats and check the bottom of the rails. Removing the seats is simple. Pop the plastic caps off and remove the 4 bolts (2 in the front, and 2 in the back) then un-clip the plug underneath the seat and pull it out. I'm willing to bet that there's something jammed up in the rail.

I hope this helps you out and solves your problem.
                      BINGO! Bongo, just a few minutes apart .. amazing what I found in there!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                      X