Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Blacked out Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacked out Taillights

For the last couple of months my 93 has been sitting in my garage idle because I have been driving my truck around as a daily driver since I finished it this summer. But anyways I was riding around and saw this 92 with some blacked out tail lights and it looked awesome. I dont know if they where clip on's or painted but I was wondering if you guys knew where I could get some of them from? or if they even sale blacked out tail lights as a kits or something..I have searched the web and looked at youtube but they where talking about painting and all that..I just wanna bolt on and go cause this spring I plan on doing the body work on mine and painting it back white with blacked out 18's and blacked out taillights would just be perfect.

you could get the vinyl tint. but the only good tinted tail lights i've seen were on another member's CB (forgot the name) but he had clear and black paint mixed together for him and sprayed his tail lights. then he wet sanded and buffed them.

I blackhoused my tails instead because I want people to be able to see my brake lights.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
      I blackhoused my tails instead because I want people to be able to see my brake lights.
      This. To think that hindering the functionality of one of the most important safety devices on your car is okay in the name of aesthetics is retarded.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

So they dont sell blacked out tail lights? they sell everything else in the after market but not that... I really didnt feel like customizing and painting mine. just wanted a tinted lens and speed off on the night... I just knew they would atleast sale tinted taillight kits I guess not.. I know they sale them for hot rods and anything chevy..but not honda?

Comment

Not for our cars.
          You can tint them in the ways mentioned above.
          VHT Nite-Shade is another option.
          http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/niteshades/

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            This. To think that hindering the functionality of one of the most important safety devices on your car is okay in the name of aesthetics is retarded.
            x2 I hate cars & trucks with Blacked out/Smoked taillights, even at night they are hard to see. I want mine as bright as possible. Stupid Mod.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

I have mine slightly tinted with the VHT nightshades spray. Not blacked out, but just a slightly darker shade of red. I think it looks great and the light still comes through fine. I have seen cars with them blacked out to where they're barely visible, and thats just stupid.

Comment

I should have said Lightly tinted not blacked out. Im looking at the body lines on the car and the look im going for the tinted tail lights complements the tinted windows.. what about the clear tailights some civic have to they make those?

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...R/DSC00071.jpg

Comment

http://www.dashzracing.com/images/P/...HA90-RC-01.jpg Im thinking about going this route

Comment

the last option you listed i would rather go with that then get my cb7 ass taped . also in some state's smoking/blacked or even black housing is illegal . again rather be seen than hit because i wonted to look dope .
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

you could get the vinyl tint. but the only good tinted tail lights i've seen were on another member's CB (forgot the name) but he had clear and black paint mixed together for him and sprayed his tail lights. then he wet sanded and buffed them.

Mr. Phil you are thinking about?

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                          the last option you listed i would rather go with that then get my cb7 ass taped . also in some state's smoking/blacked or even black housing is illegal . again rather be seen than hit because i wonted to look dope .
                          Do you know where I can find them at for a good price?

Comment

though's look like there from ebay . just stay with the stock one's . to me the stock one's are the sexiest one's but to each his own kool-a-aid .
                            this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                            How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                            Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Blackhoused tails look good. Tint or vinyl just always looks tacky and cheap to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X