Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trying to get as low as possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do it!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The B6 is an OE improvement, the B6 HD is a more aggressive tune. I figure a more aggressive sport tune would be good for a lighter car. Also as far tuning vs changing spring rates, if you go to a stiffer spring, you just move up on the force velocity curve. Going to softer springs is where you really run into problems.

In regards to take aparts, I would be looking at 300 each and a decent amount of tuning to get were an off the shelf unit would start. Even at that point the take aparts are all motorsport shocks, non of which will bolt into our chassis and in turn I could see spending an addition 1000 getting the fitment with the springs to work (nice chance for inverted shocks!). But with those you can tune yourself on the side of the track. The off the shelf units Bilstein will tune 85/each. So you're looking at 115 + 85 = 200/each. Still a good deal if you only need one retune!

I think in my case the 115 dollar B6 HD is a great starting point. And with my ability to tune for free it's definitely the way to go!
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post

Do it!
        Those are like 8k a set! A bit out of my budget lol.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I've decided to go with f&f type 1's so I am currently saving for them!

Comment

Thanks to Domesticated's input, i'm going to go with the Bilstein hd's also. I'm gonna pair them with my current Progress springs and extended top hats then see how she rides.

My goal is to walk the line between daily and track car with a firm, flat ride but that remains civil enough to be enjoyable through the daily grind. I'm looking into custom rate Hyperco springs to pair with the Bilsteins once i get familiar with the progress setup. I want to try the 550f/440r spring rates with a height close to Neuspeed races and a smidge of forward rake.

Another option a lot of people don't mention are the F&F type 2.5s. You get custom rate Eibach srs springs and the damper adjustment from the 2.0s. I think there's another difference but i don't remember.

I think there's still plenty of spring/shock combinations that haven't yet been tried and reviewed for all to see. I was under the same impression as a lot of people regarding the price of Bilsteins placing them out of reach for the average owner. The hds are almost 200 bucks cheaper than koni yellows.

I really want to ride in a cb with Fortune Auto coils. Those things seem beefy and well made.

Comment

Working...
            X