Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

antenna issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

antenna issues

went through the carwash at spinx cause i wanted a clean car but just didnt feel like getting out in our 100 degree weather to do it. i was listening to a cd and did not realize that the antenna was still up. when i did it was too late! now it wont go all the way back down it is bent at the antenna base. should i pay $100+ for a new power antenna or turn this into my first project and shve it or something like that???
    -Xavier

if your gonna spend the 100 get the s2k antenna
    U dont work U dont eat
    U dont grind Udont shine
    1st car 90 CB7 lx auto coupe
    present car 90 CB7 ex clutch coupe
    1st motor f22a1 2nd motor f22a4 present motor JDM H22a with m2b4 trans

Comment

about how much is a s2k antenna and where can i get one?
      -Xavier

Comment

honda dealer should run no more then 120 or http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...R&vinsrch=null
        Last edited by dan21; 08-11-2006, 02:47 AM.
        U dont work U dont eat
        U dont grind Udont shine

Comment

i figured you guys might get a chuckle out of this, the guy that gave me the accord, attepmted a Toyota power antenna transplant, lol needless to say that didnt work out, still had me rollling to see TOYOTA on my antenna when i took apart the trunk =P

I think ive seen them floating around used for cheaper, or maybe u can try gettin an imitation if yur a cheapskate like me, hehe

i think ppl have dun this conversion to the matrix as well? or the IS300 antenna?
          Sold my baby

saving for an Sc300!!!

Comment

I hit up a junk yard last night to find an antenna, found one out of a 92, worked great and only cost me 30 bones. It's nice to have radio as an option again.. (kids ripped mine off about 2 years ago)

Comment

S2k Antenna............

Hey i was just browsing around and seen that you might be thinking about doing an antenna mod....well i did a DIY on swapping your OEM power antenna with one from an S2k and it came out perfect...no leaks, no bad signal, no nothing!!. You can source a kit from the old DIY or buy the setup off of www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. Runs about 90$. This is the DIY for the S2k with pictures.

And on a side note....i lost my power antenna the same as you....fricking carwashes!

Comment

Originally posted by Edmo83
                i figured you guys might get a chuckle out of this, the guy that gave me the accord, attepmted a Toyota power antenna transplant, lol needless to say that didnt work out, still had me rollling to see TOYOTA on my antenna when i took apart the trunk =P

I think ive seen them floating around used for cheaper, or maybe u can try gettin an imitation if yur a cheapskate like me, hehe

i think ppl have dun this conversion to the matrix as well? or the IS300 antenna?
                blaphmy lol
                U dont work U dont eat
                U dont grind Udont shine

Comment

I've had to replace my electric antenna twice tks to my girlfriend forgetting in the carwash. Ebay always has them. Whether you need just the antenna or the motor and everything too. Make sure you get the right one for your year and coupe/sedan/wagon.

Mule
                  1993 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

arent the s2k antennas 'universal'?
                    -Xavier

Comment

Ummm yea u can probably get the s2k one to work with any car...ive only heard of it working with our cars, teggys, s2k(obviously), audi, and Vw. So i dunno if u can do it on others but im sure u can!

Comment

if i shave it will i still recieve a signal???
                        -Xavier

Comment

my girlfriend took my car on a voyage into someones backyard, right through their fence. broke my antenna. i dont think i want to get a power antenna anymore anyways because with the OEM spoiler i have to wait for the antenna to go down all the way before i can safely open the trunk anyways. so i say s2k antenna all the way

Comment

is there anyplace else i could mount an antenna(hidden)?
                            Last edited by 90_cb7; 08-25-2006, 11:56 PM.
                            -Xavier

Comment

I used to have my antenna mounted inside my dash, worked well. Easy to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X