Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tow Hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tow Hooks

Has any cb7tuner installed some jdm tow hooks to your ride? if so post up some pics breh.

Ronald_Type R is the only one I know of that has tow hooks. Not exactly sure if they are "jdm" or not

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I need to seriously get some tow hooks,

I wonder where I can pick up some generic tow hooks, anyone running Ebay tow hooks? Can they be trusted?
      DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
        I need to seriously get some tow hooks,

I wonder where I can pick up some generic tow hooks, anyone running Ebay tow hooks? Can they be trusted?
        Thinking about it realisticly, how important are the tow hooks going to be? I mean, if your car is needing to be towed out of somewhere then it probably isn't in such good shape anyway (like a wreck). If it's just getting towed b/c it's not working then I don't think that a tow hook is going to break on you. Just jump over to ht and pick up something from the millions of guys selling them. It's up to you how much you want to spend on them.

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

My man dorby has one.

Comment

hey what kind of rims does dorby have ....those are so bad ass
            keepin it sohc!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 615-Cb7
              hey what kind of rims does dorby have ....those are so bad ass

Those are the JDM Integra Type-R DC5 aka RSX rims
              Hi

Comment

can't those tow hooks be used for cars that are lowered?

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87
                  can't those tow hooks be used for cars that are lowered?

Ya i always thought the point of tow hooks was for lowered cars with kits where hooking up chains would damage shit.

Even if its not practical for the car, i think it can set off a car and it can always come in handy....so in other words...it isnt rice.

Comment

Tow hooks are REQUIRED by just about all racing sanctioning bodies (NASA, SCCA, etc...) For a street car, they're just for looks. I don't see the point if they aren't needed, honestly.

They're not JDM. People just see them on JDM cars in magazines and want to be like them.

Comment

ive never like this mod cuzz wouldnt it be easier for some one to steal your ride cuzz the wont have to get under to tow it they just tie a chain there ? alot of civics have this i never saw one on a cb thats hot

Comment

How far would you get towing a car down the street that way though? A cop would get curious... (though crazier things have happened...)

Comment

looks nice though

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

do you plan on crashing soon? people only put them on when they break down or need to get towed up on a flatbed truck, thats what happened to my friend's GTI, It looks so out of place to have them on there, an eyesore just sticking out like that. Idk, thats my opinion.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                              do you plan on crashing soon? people only put them on when they break down or need to get towed up on a flatbed truck, thats what happened to my friend's GTI, It looks so out of place to have them on there, an eyesore just sticking out like that. Idk, thats my opinion.
                              I always thought tow hooks were intended for racing use

edit: My opinion is if you have the mods to justify having a tow hook then it looks sick...but if your stickin it on a basically stock car...its rice
                              Last edited by King James; 10-23-2007, 08:43 AM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Working...
                              X