Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Civic coilovers on a cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civic coilovers on a cb7?

is it possible? can i have springs made for like civics fit onto my cb7. 1990 honda accord lx

whats the point when you can get springs that are specifically made for your car? there are many different spring types, with different drops.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

well suppose they were giving it away for free

Comment

Originally posted by OohxChun
        is it possible?
        No. Take the springs, sell them to someone with a Civic and use the funds to help buy a set of CB7 springs.
        ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
        '93 EX 5-speed coupe
        Short ram intake
        Tenrai Himoto catback
        Smashed front end
        Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

if they are the cheapy coilover sleeve kits, they prolly will fit, but the drop will be different, and the spring rates might be a little soft for your heavier car. i dont know how safe it is, but i would rather do that than ride on heated or cut stock springs

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
            No. Take the springs, sell them to someone with a Civic and use the funds to help buy a set of CB7 springs.
            X2 Someone covered this before for me as well, The civics are lighter, they cant take the same load that an accord can. Sell your springs, get a proper Ajustable set, only way to go (thats what im saving for after my window is fixed.)
            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

thanks for the advice

Comment

also if you are gonna get springs don't settle for cheapos like i did just save up for the nice ones it will be worth in in the long run

Comment

I doubt civic springss would fit on accord shocks either way. Spring rates and crap are different as already mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well... lol i actually have this set up. cheapo civic coil overs on my accord and i have been using that for months before my engine finally went. I know a lot of people will be disgusted by this but it worked. BUT the only reason I did that was because I just had them sitting around and I was tired of being a 4x4..

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                    New people click here

Comment

Just get accord springs for our cars, less hassle and perfect fit.

Comment

haha i just got new coilovers and put them in and everything,...haven't test drove it yet cuz my gas tank is empty, but anyways i gave my old springs to a friend with a civic,...idk just seemd funny to me.
                        clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
                        Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                        X