Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Paint or Drop????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint or Drop????

ok so i can get my car dropped in the next couple weeks...or i can keep saving for a couple months and have the body work done and get it repainted....what should i do?
    drop now?

or

Save and paint?
    Get a Drop
    20.00%
    Get body work done and repaint
    80.00%

The poll is expired.

Owner of 93 SE CB7 Coupe, 92 CB9

***PM me if you have a Legend or CD5 lip for sale***

My CB7 SE Coupe Page

How's the body look? Would it be ok to have it lowered*?

*(Meaning, would the body look good enough with a lowered car?)
    -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
    if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
    Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

i would paint... because a clean body is always good to have.. you can find a deal on things to drop it later.. paint and body is not something you can really find deals on often..

my 2cents

Originally posted by Devergote
      A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

i think it will look alright the way it is, with a drop, but it also makes me a lil mad when i pull in parking lots and see other black cars...all nice and shiny gloss black and mines just dull with all the dings in it...

but i think i'm gonna jus drop it, then save for paint...

My CB7 SE Coupe Page

Comment

I would get your body work done and get it painted. Then if you want you can lower it. I just got mine painted a few months ago and now I am looking into lowering it. If you get it painted now you can get the hard part over with. Lowering the car is easy and less time looks good but paint would be more noticeable.

Comment

How bad is the bodywork? If it includes rust I would get the bodywork done ASAP. Personally I would go with the bodywork since a a clean body beats a lowered beat up car any day.

Comment

Get body work done and repaint.

Clean and straight gets my vote.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

depends can ur suspension last a couple more month ? is the shock blown ? theres so many reasons and is bumpers and panels almost falling apart give us more info

its like if ur suspension cna hold lets say under another year then do it if not do ur suspension before paint jus in case anything happens for saftey reasns
                GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
                  How bad is the bodywork? If it includes rust I would get the bodywork done ASAP. Personally I would go with the bodywork since a a clean body beats a lowered beat up car any day.
                  X2 a beat up body and lowered looks rough IMO
                  Where as a mint body/paint and high stance looks like the owner isn't finished with the project yet, which makes you wonder, whens he going to drop it and, what else is he going to do to it . . .

Thats just my opinion though. What do YOU want to do? You can't have other people make the decision for you.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Personally I had my car painted with some bodywork before I lowered it, and since my car is the best car in the world I would get the paint and bodywork done

SOLD!!
                    Boosted H22
                    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i would get the paint and body work done first. Why drop the car? What if you don't like it drop after you do all the body and paint work? yeah sure you can put it back but i don't think you will be able to afford a new paint job and body work for a long time. Better get the body work done pick your color so then you can look and see if you really want to drop your car.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...55#post2618755

Comment

i say...save and get them both......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
                          i say...save and get them both......
                          I guess he is probably planning on doing both in the future

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22
                          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                            I guess he is probably planning on doing both in the future
                            much better.......
                            -if that was me i would do same thing....

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

the body is not that bad...it has several dents and dings and it was just a cheap paint job on it to begin with....they didn't even clear coat it and now you are starting to see the black chip off and show the gold underneath...

i think im gonna save up for a lil longer and tryn get it painted...

theres nothing wrong with my shocks now...i just want rid of the wheel gap

i wanna go back with a nice glossy black, maybe with a lil metal flake

My CB7 SE Coupe Page

Comment

Working...
                              X