Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Alternator Whine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternator Whine

hi

ive got a pioneer hu (deh-p7500mp) and when i plug my amp to the h-u ive got a bizarre noise (they call that alternator whine on google)

i change my ground of my h-u
    change the rca
    change ground of amp

the sounds still there ...

ah and ive try with a noise remover and the noise is still there .....

plz help me out with this one !

What kind of amp are you running? Are you sure your ground choices are solid bare metal? We really need more info to help you out.

Comment

i run an 600 w amp
      my ground are on bare metal
      ... what do you want to know ? tell me and ill tell you

the sound is more present when i accelerate

Comment

Well, what brand of amp would help. Are you sure your wiring is correct? If you've got a cheap amp or one of your channels is out of phase or if the HU ground is bad, you could get whine. The more information you volunteer and the less we have to drag out of you the better. lol help us help you.

Comment

wen you wired your amp, did you run the rca's and the power wires all together? this is the main cuase of alt wine. there is plenty of space to run the power cables and rcas seperate under the plastic peice that is the door sill. it just pops up. run your wires thru there. if you have to cross wires, cross at 90 degrees.(criss-cross).
          you'll love my nuts!

Comment

yea what he said, though i ran them on the same side all the time and get no issues.

you can be looking at either a bad head unit, or a bad amp. also what is the condition of your battery...those act as a big filter in engine noise.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

borrow a friends radio and hook it up in ur car and see if the noise goes away, or try grounding the RCA wires

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

I have a similar situation. I have a DLO Zune car audio receiver. When I'm not playing music I can hear the alternator whine through the speakers.

Comment

i have try an other radio and it's all okay !

so i got a bad headunit ?

Comment

my uncle has a stock passport headunit on his passport and it does that like crazy everytime you accelerate.

lol its like a little supercharger sound haha.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                      my uncle has a stock passport headunit on his passport and it does that like crazy everytime you accelerate.

lol its like a little supercharger sound haha.
                      tell your uncle to amp that up, and put some speaks on the outside of his passport!! no one will ever mess with him!!
                      you'll love my nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by I.C.E.87 View Post
                        i have try an other radio and it's all okay !

so i got a bad headunit ?
                        Yep that's your problem then... I've seen recently that Pioneers are prone to give this whine... My boy has gone through 3 HUs (all pioneer) and they all have done this
                        and he finally tried another brand and poof.... sound was gone
                        Myspace.com/bobster3825

Comment

its a bad RCA ground in the HU. simple fix is take about 7-8 inches of wire and ground it. then strip it back far enough to let the rca slide over it... very simple and works.... there are places on the back of the radio u can use for a chaisis ground.
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

I get this when my power or ground wires are too close to the speaker/signal wires.

Poor shielding, most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordcoupe View Post
                              Yep that's your problem then... I've seen recently that Pioneers are prone to give this whine... My boy has gone through 3 HUs (all pioneer) and they all have done this
                              and he finally tried another brand and poof.... sound was gone
                              i had pioneer all my life and it was fine. just the pick of the litter i guess.
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X