Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

10" Lightning Sub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10" Lightning Sub?

Has anyone heard of this brand? lightning its made by rockford fosgate. and i have the opportunity to buy this woofer for 15bucks. should i get it? and is it worth it? will it sound good?
    The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
    James 4:7
    Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
    Has anyone heard of this brand? lightning its made by rockford fosgate. and i have the opportunity to buy this woofer for 15bucks. should i get it? and is it worth it? will it sound good?
    weak. walmart stuff......

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

unless ur plan on running atleast 3 id save towards better

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

thought so, lol thanks

Comment

i have the 12" but i got it free lol
          back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
            i have the 12" but i got it free lol
            do yourself a favor and throw it away! get a real sub like JL or rockford!

Comment

Originally posted by brian91accord View Post
              do yourself a favor and throw it away! get a real sub like JL or rockford!
              It's free and maybe he doesn't have the money and those subs are weak too.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i dont think lightning audio is made by rockford. im pretty sure they are there own brand. and is the sub yellow? ive heard of them, and the price is always cheap.
                I LOVE My CB7

Comment

There was an old-school Lightning Audio that made nice stuff and there's a new Lightning Audio, made by Rockford Fosgate, which isn't very good quality but I'd say it's worth $15

Underground.Society
                  Originally posted by Deevergote
                  If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

lightening is really low budget audio sold in value packs in flea markets, ebay, and retail stores ... i played with a few back in the day in my van but i never had one last more than 6 months ... they worked till i got money to get better but if your wanting a long term sub i wouldnt get it

alot of off brands may be made by the same company as high quality items but the lvl of material used is completely different ... for example on high quality subs with thick cones when they roll off the assembly line there is extra materal thats shaved off before its assembled with the metal frame this material is then recycled and used with lesser quality subs that use a thinner cone material ... also high quality subs are tested in a machine as soon as they roll off the line they must meet a certain lvl of quality or they dont ship the same goes for lesser subs but they dont have to meet nearly as high of quality as the others

this is true for just about everything that is made on assembly lines from indvidual car parts to tooth paste and food items

Comment

well i didnt buy it. im not a noob when it comes to sound but im not old enough to know super old skool stuff either hadnt heard of it. and IM rockford isnt all that great, thats why id didnt get it. all i really want in my car is a 12" kicker or something in that range. i had a 12" ppi in my db and it got stolen. i liked that sub. (tear)

Comment

i know but is better than them bazzoka tubes lol

and i have no money for stereo lol. but i think my dad's 10" stage monitors bump better than it lol and yes i put non car stereo stuff in my car for fun lol
                        back at it again

Comment

lol Ive rocked home stereo speakers before. Had 2 old ass Cerwin Vega 12s in the wooden cabinets in the trunk of my 92 4 cyl Mustang

Comment

just go a pawn shop or swap meet and try to find some old school stuff.. I got a Old school MTX BLue Thunder 12" and a 500x1 amp aslo blue thunder edition and hits harder than most jl's dont bother with the new stuff.

GAMETIME!!!!!!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142430

Comment

I had 2 Razor 15's in the back of my wagon and they would blow your brains out. If I had only 1 10" it would probably hit pretty hard. Save your money and get a real knocker like MTX, Razor, Elemental Designs, or Resonant Engineering!

Comment

Working...
                              X