Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

10" Lightning Sub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iv got two 10's in mine with a hifonics 800w amp and my shit pounds

Comment

i have an older lightning audio 10 in my wifes car lol its about 5 years old its powered by a 150 rms mtx thunder amp and it still hits hard

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
        Has anyone heard of this brand? lightning its made by rockford fosgate. and i have the opportunity to buy this woofer for 15bucks. should i get it? and is it worth it? will it sound good?
        cheap $= cheap quality (unless ur getting it from like a really close friend)

Comment

i got 300 rms to my mids and tweets and im flexing mirrors.... get on my level screw subs!!! lmao
          Members Ride sold...
          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

lol right, subs are wack.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i sat out and made my eyes twitch tonight listening to some evans blue lol. then bounced to akon and watched the mirrors just go nuts lol.
              Members Ride sold...
              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

i have had a few systems and i can say i have used a amp from lighting audio but i only went that far cause i needed a amp badly and it was cheap so i said the hell with it but now i have or well had 2 12' alpine type s with a 1100 watt alpine pdx amp i literally fried the voice coils on the subs they shop i got them from replaced one and right after they replaced that one the other one went so i have to come up with money for the shipping so i can get it back.

Comment

If you can buy it at Walmart new for next to nothing it probably really isn't worth buying. I don't plan on running more than the front 2 door speakers in my CB though so I guess it's not as important to me.

Comment

Yeah i broke a lighting audio sub in like a day it was supposed to be a temp until a got my new sub in the mail.... i guess it could not handle true rms power..... i unhooked that piece of S!@t in the parking lot of walmart and got my money back.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                      i got 300 rms to my mids and tweets and im flexing mirrors.... get on my level screw subs!!! lmao
                      loud, i know you didnt just say that!! you're in my black book now homie, lol.

Comment

Yeah, JL and Fosgate suck... lol or not.

I wanna know what that guys runnin that said they suck. I think they both have great audio quality.

Especially JL. Definitely can't go wrong with JL.

Comment

I was a fan of Lightning before Rockford bought them. The series they have at walmart (bolt, i think) ar junk... but the older (strikes, I think) were decent subs. had a couple of them, and they lasted and sounded pretty good.

they're no JL, though. JL ftw,

and I HATE Rockford Fosgate. Never heard a good sounding RF system.

Comment

Comment

As a certified electronics tech that have owned a amp and 2 subs from this company, THEY SUCK! My amp failed and when inspecting it looked like a 12 year old colored with a soldering iron. I would rather run a ebay turbo right next to my face then subject myself to lightning audio's quality control.

Lightning Audio, it is like rubbing AIDS against your face.

If you want a cheap but awesome unit check out a Infinity Basslink. Try to get one for $125 or so used. They are a very easy to install and well rounded product. over 9000!x better than Bazooka.

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
                                Has anyone heard of this brand? lightning its made by rockford fosgate. and i have the opportunity to buy this woofer for 15bucks. should i get it? and is it worth it? will it sound good?
                                for 15 bucks u cant go wrong go for it

Click the pic to view my ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X