Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bass cutting out...alternator problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bass cutting out...alternator problem?

I have 2 12" rockford t1's with a 1500 watt amp anf 600 for the speakers and a batcap capacitor and my bass still cuts out. I took it to a stereo shop and they said it was my alternator. That was on my f22a though, I'm putting an h22a in right now with a newer alternator so should I be fine since its a newer engine or should I get a more powerful alternator?

Your bass cuts out but your other speakers keep playing?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

lok into an higher amp age alternator.im not sure what the stock one is . but get like 25 over . the more you add to your car.the weaker it will become . the stock alternator is balanced for the lil bit of stuff on the car {the options } im not sure ,but i belive i have an 120 amp i ordered it through sound extreme audio. i was pushing 2tv,3 kicker 12's 4 6.5 and underglow . also look int an gel battery. {red ,yellow ,or blue top}like from advance .

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by CrunkRuffRyderz View Post
        I have 2 12" rockford t1's with a 1500 watt amp anf 600 for the speakers and a batcap capacitor and my bass still cuts out. I took it to a stereo shop and they said it was my alternator. That was on my f22a though, I'm putting an h22a in right now with a newer alternator so should I be fine since its a newer engine or should I get a more powerful alternator?
        Mine is the oposite,my sub amp draws so much current it actually cuts out my mids/highs amp,It is my alternator,would def get bigger one,Now that I'm working again that is on my list of things to get,150-200amp
        BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

I would guess it's a ground problem. Make sure your ground wire is the same guage or larger than your power wire. Don't run anything less than 4ga. Make sure the connection to your chassis is tight, clean, and bare metal. You may also need to add an additional ground wire to your battery.

I would do all that stuff before dropping money on an alternator.

I was running a 12" boston G5 sub, 600 W RMS Boston sub amp, 4 channel boston amp, two cooling fans, two capacitors, four alpine type r component speakers, indash screen, dvd player, cd changer, and xm radio all off my factory alternator with an underdrive pulley. It never once cut out.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Yeah I would check over all of your wires again and make sure they're of proper gauge before you go spending money on a new alternator.
            I had this problem before, but it ended up being that I had blown the power supply inside my amp and it was causing it to cut out when ever I cranked it up.
            1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
            _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

Comment

the only reason i could think of is u need a bigger amp if your subs cut.... that used to happen to me until i got a bigger amp

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                I would guess it's a ground problem. Make sure your ground wire is the same guage or larger than your power wire. Don't run anything less than 4ga. Make sure the connection to your chassis is tight, clean, and bare metal. You may also need to add an additional ground wire to your battery.

I would do all that stuff before dropping money on an alternator.

I was running a 12" boston G5 sub, 600 W RMS Boston sub amp, 4 channel boston amp, two cooling fans, two capacitors, four alpine type r component speakers, indash screen, dvd player, cd changer, and xm radio all off my factory alternator with an underdrive pulley. It never once cut out.
                Yeah, sounds like the ground...I had this problem until I redid the ground and poof...everything ran great after that.

Comment

well i had my whole car rewired for the stereo with all brand new wiring. maybe it was the way it was done that could be changed up a little. but my h22a is coming with an alternator so ill just give that a try since its newer, but how long is the usual life span on an alternator?

Comment

1. check ground.
                    2. make sure you have right gauge wire.
                    3. go for alternator if the first 2 didnt fix it

Comment

^^^ follow his 1 2 3 and also

check and make sure your fuse isnt loose either. like actually take it out and look at it carefully. mine was cracked around the plastic and couldnt c it wobble until i actually took it out. i was so pissed.

also ground, use sandpaper. but if that power wire is restricted because of a poor connection then ground dont matter worth jack.
                      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Well they did say that the voltage would drop whenever the bass would hit so I'm thinking its the alternator but I'm not sure because everything was running fine for about the first month that I had my new system and then it would start cutting out. Like what will usually happen is ill be pounding on it for about a good half hour or so and then my bass will cut out at high volumes but not at low volumes and all of my stereo equipment is only like 4-5 months old

Comment

how many watts rms is your amp? if its a cheap no name that 1500 watts advertised could be a daym lie and your prolly pushin only 250 watts rms... wat kind of amp is it? some amps will shut off for a few seconds if its not able to power the sub.
                          Last edited by sleepygreen; 11-11-2009, 10:14 PM.
                          clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
                          Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                            ^^^ follow his 1 2 3 and also

check and make sure your fuse isnt loose either. like actually take it out and look at it carefully. mine was cracked around the plastic and couldnt c it wobble until i actually took it out. i was so pissed.

also ground, use sandpaper. but if that power wire is restricted because of a poor connection then ground dont matter worth jack.
                            X2 on that fuse cause that's the problem with my if I hold the fuse at a certain position I have bass but once I move it it cuts out. So basically while I'm driving my bass works sometimes and cuts on and off when it wants. I just gonna re-wire the whole thing need to upgrade to 4gauge anyway.

the sedan
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
                            the wagon
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
                            the integra
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

Originally posted by sleepygreen View Post
                              how many watts rms is your amp? if its a cheap no name that 1500 watts advertised could be a daym lie and your prolly pushin only 250 watts rms... wat kind of amp is it? some amps will shut off for a few seconds if its not able to power the sub.
                              its a rockford fosgate power t-1500-1bd 1500 watt amp

i started out with an mtx amp and mtx subs and after pounding on it for 20 minutes the amp would like shut off for like 5 minutes at a time but this one didnt start doing it for after a month after i got it so idk but its all brand new equipment and wiring too...

Comment

Working...
                              X