Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

remote wire to amp help(pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remote wire to amp help(pic)

ok so this is my first time installing an amp in my car. i've got to run the remote wire to my amp but im not exactly sure how to do it. i have a JVC head unit. i have no idea where to connect the remote wire. i have a pic of the back of the head unit if it helps. could someone tell me where to hook it in?

Look for the blue or blue white. Blue is remote, b/w is usually power antenna. Some HUs only power the antenna for the radio, so if you have both, use the blue. You might try going to their website and looking up the manual for your HU.

Comment

try that blue and white wire

Comment

Usually is blue, but you can hook it to the yellow/switch power 12 volt wire and it will come on when the key is turned. You need 12 volts that switches, or you can be ghetto and run a switch somewere for now.
        90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

that blue and white one is the power antenna. there is no other blue wires on the back. and if i do have to use the power antenna wire, will i have to cut it? i can't pull it out of that connector

Comment

I think there may be a stray red one. Did this thing come with a manual?

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

yes but i can't find it >.<

Comment

from reading other threads it says not to use the power antennawire b/c it will only amp up when using the radio. is this true or should i try that wire?

Comment

ok so im thinking of using the power antenna wire in the trunk. i uninstalled my power antenna a while back. but when I used to have it installed with the same head unit im using now, it was up everytime the car was running. even while playing a CD or my ipod. what's ur guys opinion on this choice? lmk asap

Comment

i'm sure u got a remote wire on that HU...i personally wouldn't cause most of the time the antenna only works when you switch the radio...but it's your car bro so really your decision..

Comment

I want to use the power antenna/remote wire behind my head unit but im not sure how to go about doing that. how do I hook up my remote wire to the head unit? there's no open spot to do so

Comment

Originally posted by 94blckhawaiian View Post
                        I want to use the power antenna/remote wire behind my head unit but im not sure how to go about doing that. how do I hook up my remote wire to the head unit? there's no open spot to do so
                        Just tie it together and tape it. run the wire to the trunk.
                        90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

so cut the remote wire that comes out of the head unit and connect it with my remote wire from my amp?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Jay1 View Post
                            Usually is blue, but you can hook it to the yellow/switch power 12 volt wire and it will come on when the key is turned. You need 12 volts that switches, or you can be ghetto and run a switch somewere for now.
                            that blue and white one is the power antenna. there is no other blue wires on the back. and if i do have to use the power antenna wire, will i have to cut it? i can't pull it out of that connector
                            ok so im thinking of using the power antenna wire in the trunk. i uninstalled my power antenna a while back. but when I used to have it installed with the same head unit im using now, it was up everytime the car was running. even while playing a CD or my ipod. what's ur guys opinion on this choice? lmk asap
                            Splice the amp remote wire to the red power wire for your HU. (Don't pull anything out of the plastic block.This is the switched power (meaning it only comes on when you turn the key). The yellow is always powered. It keeps your memory working). You can also go to their website like I suggested and download the owner's manual. You probably want to get some help from a bussy based on the questions you're asking. It's easy to hook up an HU, it's also easy to fry one.

Comment

ok thx man, ima try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X