Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rear deck lid rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear deck lid rattle

ok guys so i can deal with rattling on the outside of my car with the bass...but i hate it with a passion on the inside... like my rear deck lid rattles and you can hear it hella everytime the bass hits..what can i do to stop this..i hate it!!!!!! if you guys have pics to help show how to fix it that would be great...Thanks in advanced

Check the center bracket on the trunk lid springs. My bracket broke allowing the springs to rattle against each other, took me a long time to figure it out but a new $1.50 piece of plastic from the dealer fixed it.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

check all the nuts on the bolts holding it down,all mine had come loose from the vibrations.
      BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Mine used to when I had a sub in my old car. It ended up being the lid spring and bracket. I stuffed a sock up there until I could tighten everything down I had a few missing nuts, and added washers this time around. Also found that my license plate rattled badly too..check everything over while you have a super-bassy song on

life is good.

Comment

I have a pretty similar problem as well. Except my whole rear deck seems to move up and down with the bass. My tail light was making horrible noise because it was hitting the back window until i stuck some felt pads in between there. They seemed to have moved a bit and occasionally it will rattle pretty bad when it is very loud. Is there any way to tighten up the rear deck so it does not move/flex as much?

Thanks

Comment

What I did was dynomatted the trunk lid. I also stuck a towel up in between those metal bars underneath the deck lid to quiet the vibrations. I also removed the taillights and the license plate thing on the outside of the trunk and threw some dynomat all across that. There is also a vent that is behind the bumper that leads into the trunk. That small vent has a small flap of rubber that makes a bunch of noise also. You don't need to remove the entire bumper to get to it, just remove the side (can't remember which side).

Comment

i had the same problem in my accord when i had subs in it. i put carpet cousion in between the metal deck and the top cover part. also inside the truck i dynomat the rear deck. it worked perfectly!

Comment

Oh that is a pretty good idea. Is it hard to take the rear deck cover off so you can put something under it?

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                  What I did was dynomatted the trunk lid. I also stuck a towel up in between those metal bars underneath the deck lid to quiet the vibrations. I also removed the taillights and the license plate thing on the outside of the trunk and threw some dynomat all across that. There is also a vent that is behind the bumper that leads into the trunk. That small vent has a small flap of rubber that makes a bunch of noise also. You don't need to remove the entire bumper to get to it, just remove the side (can't remember which side).
                  That vent is on the driver's side. It's just below where the bumper meets the quarter panel. You won't be able to miss it OP. You can get to it easier by pulling out on the panel in the trunk. Just pull the interior back and you'll see it. I've also used double sided tape on the back of my license plate or rubber washers where you screw it on. Either works.

Comment

Alrighty so I will look to see if there are bolts to tighten the rear deck down. I put more felt pads on top of the tail light between the back window. The rattling sound is still there at high volume. I have not inspected the rear deck to carefully but is there a way to remove the whole thing and possibly that tail light? I guess dynomating the underside or using some kind of carpet pad is also an option. I work at a hardware store so i could easily get carpet padding. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Open the trunk and look underneath the rear deck and you should see how to take out that light. There's a harness/plug for it and some nuts or bolts you have to remove. I haven't looked at it in a while but if I remember right that's all there is. Fold your back seat down and you can get to the trim and everything to remove the carpeted section of the rear deck. Just start pulling it apart and you'll see what to do. It's pretty straightforward. You'll need to remove the 3 or 4 nuts on each side to take out your speaker pods in the back also to get that carpet section out.

Comment

Working...
                      X