Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sub Muted by the Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub Muted by the Car

So I have a sound system w/ 12" Kicker Comp that sounds great and kicks hard in my car. However you cant hardly hear it outside the car. Most you old guys will not get this but I want the punks at school to hear my ride outside to. Any suggestions? Besides rolling down the windows ha.
    Last edited by fi2hm; 03-28-2011, 10:54 PM.

Another 12 or one with more power handling.

Or just roll around with your trunk open.

Comment

When you say hardly hear it, are you talking about the music itself or the bass? I use to be the same way wanting a system that would just set off car alarms and vibrate other cars and put in a good amount of $ into my system. Unfortunately, that one kicker 12' I doubt will produce what you're looking for unless you make a crazy big ported box, but I still doubt it's going to have what you're looking for. You could always get just 1 bad ass 12' JL audio W7 or solo x kicker 12' with a big ported box. Another route would be getting 2 12 inch kicker subs I prefer the L7's, just something about the solobaric subs that I like, in a ported box as well. You definitely are going to need atleast 1 big amp or 2 amps for sure if you want your system to sound good, I'm currently running 2 amps in my car, 1 for my speakers and deck and other for my subs. Something you might want to invest in is a power capacity as well since all the bass will be dimming your lights when the bass hits. Remember its not how many subs or how big your sub is, but how big the magnet on the sub is cause that's what produces the bass. Having a good ported box as well will contribute to the bass because the more airflow the subs have similar to a exhaust will make it sound louder, yet give you better performance. If you want your system the way your asking and to run efficiently it's not going to be cheap. Get some good gauge wires to since you'll be wanting a consistent/good flow of electricity. Hope this helps
      Last edited by Restless; 03-29-2011, 02:31 AM.

Comment

sub in the grill ftw

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
          When you say hardly hear it, are you talking about the music itself or the bass? I use to be the same way wanting a system that would just set off car alarms and vibrate other cars and put in a good amount of $ into my system. Unfortunately, that one kicker 12' I doubt will produce what you're looking for unless you make a crazy big ported box, but I still doubt it's going to have what you're looking for. You could always get just 1 bad ass 12' JL audio W7 or solo x kicker 12' with a big ported box. Another route would be getting 2 12 inch kicker subs I prefer the L7's, just something about the solobaric subs that I like, in a ported box as well. You definitely are going to need atleast 1 big amp or 2 amps for sure if you want your system to sound good, I'm currently running 2 amps in my car, 1 for my speakers and deck and other for my subs. Something you might want to invest in is a power capacity as well since all the bass will be dimming your lights when the bass hits. Remember its not how many subs or how big your sub is, but how big the magnet on the sub is cause that's what produces the bass. If you want your system the way your asking and to run efficiently it's not going to be cheap. Get some good gauge wires to. Hope this helps
          The size of the magnet doesn't determine output.
          Caps aren't used to fix dimming headlights. (I just ordered a 50F lol)
          More subs or bigger subs=louder when correctly powered.
          A ported box would definitely move more air. And is pretty cheap if you can build it yourself.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

How old do you think most of us are? I'm one of the oldest active members at 42, and I grew up when bumps were first becoming available. I understand what you want to do. Your problem is you need to move more air; that's the whole key to getting them to hear it. If upgrading your system isn't in the near future, drop the back seat, roll your windows down a few inches and roll into the lot bumping like that.
            I will warn you; if you bump into the lot alot, one day you're going to come out of school or your house and find your ride broken into.

One last bit of old guy advice:
            Those punks' opinions don't mean a damn thing. Fuck 'em.

Comment

I agree with visual poet, fuck what they say. I've had guys come up to me and ask to pop the trunk to hear my system and when I do, they say it sounds like shit. Well of course it sounds like shit with the trunk open, because it basically made the area of air the sub has to affect much larger. If you want them to hear your sub; you'll need to either get more subs or roll a window down and turn the sub wayy up. Or just enjoy your damn music and not care what they say at all.
              Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

my car is the same way...iv had ppl say that my system isnot loud and that there shit would blow my ears......

please tell me why when they got in my car and i turned it up,,,,tell me why they got out cause they couldnt handel it......its the car, for some reason all the cbs iv had its just not loud out side of the car...

my new turbo build

Comment

your sterio is for you.. crack a window, pop the seat down. n if they cant hear it fuck them lol. personally i dont want subs. im the only 19 year old around i gues that doesnt LOVE the sound of vibrating trunks. i had a sub for a week n it made my stock chrome muffler tips fall off. lol

#3MR 91 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186456
                  #2MR 90 sedan: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...51#post2867651
                  #1MR 93 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176343

Comment

I have a kicker 12 cvr with a 2channel pefrormance teknique amp brigde and it does well for just one sub. I think you need to find a nice amp and should do better.

Marry Jane

Comment

Man just do your thing. I dynomated my whole trunk so it wouldn't rattle. I love having bass that people can feel but not figure out where its coming from.

Comment

yeah i guess your right, i don't want my **** stolen. So getting another sub is the best though ? i have a great ported box btw for the one 12" i have now also.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaCB7sb View Post
                          your sterio is for you.. crack a window, pop the seat down. n if they cant hear it fuck them lol. personally i dont want subs. im the only 19 year old around i gues that doesnt LOVE the sound of vibrating trunks. i had a sub for a week n it made my stock chrome muffler tips fall off. lol
                          that made me lol a lil

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                          How old do you think most of us are? I'm one of the oldest active members at 42, and I grew up when bumps were first becoming available. I understand what you want to do. Your problem is you need to move more air; that's the whole key to getting them to hear it. If upgrading your system isn't in the near future, drop the back seat, roll your windows down a few inches and roll into the lot bumping like that.
                          I will warn you; if you bump into the lot alot, one day you're going to come out of school or your house and find your ride broken into.

One last bit of old guy advice:
                          Those punks' opinions don't mean a damn thing. Fuck 'em.
                          42 huh makes me feel not so old now lol im 35

and to the OP folding the seat down helps alot...also i would go to reputable shop in your area that does systems and have them match some stuff together to get the best sound or do some research, cuz alot of stuff just doesnt work well together...

Ride List
                          1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                          2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                          newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

oh it hits hard, just not outside.

Comment

what do you have running the 12 ...?

what kind of amp and how is it wired, to what load (ohms/impedance)..?

what else is the system comprised of..?

(i cant believe no one asked this )

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Working...
                              X