Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

best speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@mortsaccord...I would go with the 735 for one main reason. It has a 3.5mm input. If it will not connect via USB, it will still charge the device, and if the device has a headphone jack, you will still be able to play it through the radio via the aux 3.5mm input. As for hd radio.... I don't know of anyone who uses it. Guess it depends if you use the tuner a lot, if not, I wouldn't worry about it because.....the Bluetooth. If you have pandora on a device, you can stream it wirelessly or connected via USB. The 6 ch out put is for hooking up amps to all your speakers, front left and right, rear left and right and sub left and right, I just call that 3 sets of RCA outputs. The internal amp has a selection between high power and low power.... 50 watts for high, 30 for low. Crutch field says its for factory speakers, but I always use it if a factory amp harness isn't available for a install, I switch it to low so I don't over drive the inputs on the factory amp. In you 97 there's no need to worry about "6 channel" all you got is 4 speakers and a set of tweeters, any head unit will run it

Comment

I have front tweeters, side door speakers and rear speakers above the trunk. That's why I need/want a 6 channel head unit.

As fara as i know..Subs don't have left or right, because the bass they produce isn't a stereo sound. That's why you have theater systems with 5.1 or 7.1 etc

I know what you mean by the 3.5mm jack in the front. That's one of my personal requirements for a new HU when I buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
        I have front tweeters, side door speakers and rear speakers above the trunk. That's why I need/want a 6 channel head unit.

As fara as i know..Subs don't have left or right, because the bass they produce isn't a stereo sound. That's why you have theater systems with 5.1 or 7.1 etc

Sub output in most cases is stereo out of the radio. You change that on the amp. That's why say a 2ch sub amp says for example 200x2@2ohm stereo or 400x1@4ohm mono....which is bridged. If you hook up the amp to the subs in 2ch mode, pull one of the RCA's out, one sub will stop playing.

I don't think I've ever seen a head unit that has 6ch output off the internal amp.

Comment

personaly ill say the best for the money is the jbl gti 60th anvers speakers. but best is a subjective concept ya there is the focal utopua no 7s that are like 10g's. for me the best ive had is my 3 way thats not installed yet that consists of morel midbass, alpine type x mids , and silk tweeters, with a nice 12, and all this does 140.0 db on music

Comment

I'll give my opinion on a sound set up. This is if you going to run subs only no amp on the highs. Get the loudest speakers you can, in my experience, pioneer has the loudest highs out of all of them, a nice set of ts 3 ways should do the job. Since you'll hear the back speakers more then you will the front, you'll have a "dead zone" just infront of you. This is why I put the tweeters on the top of the a pillars. If you want it to that "tis, tis,tis" sound, any set of metal tweeters will work. Just hang them by the wire till you tune your set up, when you figure out if you want them pointed towards you of away... Then mount them. Turn all your high pass filters on in you head unit, turn the bass all the way down, mid to zero and tweet almost or all the way up. Your highs should be screaming loud with
            Little woofer movement. . Now plug you subs in, turn the lph a bit high.. Around 120, and turn the sub gain to your liking.

That's your basic "wow it sounds good" set up. If your into imaging or sq... Then it's mostly by your ear, or if your going to amp your highs, buy better speakers. If your not going to run subs, kicker ds 6x9s are some of the best I've heard off a hu. I'd leave the front harsh and sloppy because with the door closed you can barely hear the driver door speaker, but you will hear the rear speakers because of the design of the car

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
              I'll give my opinion on a sound set up. This is if you going to run subs only no amp on the highs. Get the loudest speakers you can, in my experience, pioneer has the loudest highs out of all of them, a nice set of ts 3 ways should do the job. Since you'll hear the back speakers more then you will the front, you'll have a "dead zone" just infront of you. This is why I put the tweeters on the top of the a pillars. If you want it to that "tis, tis,tis" sound, any set of metal tweeters will work. Just hang them by the wire till you tune your set up, when you figure out if you want them pointed towards you of away... Then mount them. Turn all your high pass filters on in you head unit, turn the bass all the way down, mid to zero and tweet almost or all the way up. Your highs should be screaming loud with
              Little woofer movement. . Now plug you subs in, turn the lph a bit high.. Around 120, and turn the sub gain to your liking.

That's your basic "wow it sounds good" set up. If your into imaging or sq... Then it's mostly by your ear, or if your going to amp your highs, buy better speakers. If your not going to run subs, kicker ds 6x9s are some of the best I've heard off a hu. I'd leave the front harsh and sloppy because with the door closed you can barely hear the driver door speaker, but you will hear the rear speakers because of the design of the car
              if i did what u just said i would blow half my speakers, and probably sound like crap. and y the heck u crossing your mids over at 120hz mine play down to 67hz, once i install my midbasses for a true 3 way ill be playing down in to the 50s. also 3 way coaxals are pointless and u will hear nothing different in those compared to 2 way coaxals seeing as there is no real crossovers there. and u do know your tweeters should never be more than 1-3 in above the steering wheel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWqm0kXD6sk

^^ take a note from that. and thats with cheap tweeters that are about blown from 2 years of reduculously over powering them and with no sub. and its taken with a cell phone
              Last edited by onelivinlarge; 07-09-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onelivinlarge View Post
                if i did what u just said i would blow half my speakers, and probably sound like crap. and y the heck u crossing your mids over at 120hz mine play down to 67hz, once i install my midbasses for a true 3 way ill be playing down in to the 50s. also 3 way coaxals are pointless and u will hear nothing different in those compared to 2 way coaxals seeing as there is no real crossovers there. and u do know your tweeters should never be more than 1-3 in above the steering wheel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWqm0kXD6sk

^^ take a note from that. and thats with cheap tweeters that are about blown from 2 years of reduculously over powering them and with no sub. and its taken with a cell phone

And not being rude...but a quick read of what I posted would of help out your response a ton. I did say non amped highs, non imaging or sq. just loud and clear. And we're in the beginner audio forum, and the topic is about what speakers sound best. And the tweeter about the steering wheel, I listened to all that in my last car, ran 3 6.5in powerbass 3xl components in each door. And 8in Mid bass in the kicks. I hated the way it sounded, all I did to change it was add another set of tweeter at the top of the a pillers, fired towards the windshield. Guess its all in what you like. From the video, your car sounds great. But I love the way mine sounds, and it's set up nothing like yours
                Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 07-09-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Remember that speakers don't reproduce sound waves well at their limits. And the quality of sound produced is poor on the min /max of any speaker, when compared to a normal operating freq.

So if you think a 6x9 will replace a sub for low tones because it has a freq range down to 50, your mistaken

I wouldn't trust any 6x9of to reproduce sound below 100htz with very good efficiency. That's sub range.

Granted all I want is factory replacements, and I wont run a sub most likely. But if you want lows you need a sub, a good 8-10" in a unported box packs a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
                    The "best" to me are Hertz Milli. $650 give or take for a pair.
                    any hertz speaker is the best at its given price point.....they are more musically correct, clearer and louder off of correct given power.

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                    pioneer 3 or 4 ways hands down.
                    bazooka subs and off brand amps have always blown away anything else ive heard for the money that is.
                    lmao .......really? buahahahahahahhaa

Originally posted by P1nw1n0 View Post
                    I'll go for pioneer, alpine or kicker
                    wtf? do you guys have tin ear drums and plastic receptors.....

Originally posted by cb7"fng" View Post
                    Alpine head unit always.....
                    biggest joke on the market today.....well overpriced for equal features and less quality....still trying to ride on their old name.....

Sell more jvc's than anything.
                    Junk Very Cheap.....lol
                    SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

And not being rude...but a quick read of what I posted would of help out your response a ton. I did say non amped highs, non imaging or sq. just loud and clear. And we're in the beginner audio forum, and the topic is about what speakers sound best. And the tweeter about the steering wheel, I listened to all that in my last car, ran 3 6.5in powerbass 3xl components in each door. And 8in Mid bass in the kicks. I hated the way it sounded, all I did to change it was add another set of tweeter at the top of the a pillers, fired towards the windshield. Guess its all in what you like. From the video, your car sounds great. But I love the way mine sounds, and it's set up nothing like yours
                      ah i did miss the non amped statement. i dont remember what its like to have non amped speakers, or to have prossessing on everything to reach the top of my staging for a 2 way

Comment

Originally posted by onelivinlarge View Post
                        ah i did miss the non amped statement. i dont remember what its like to have non amped speakers, or to have prossessing on everything to reach the top of my staging for a 2 way
                        Your in that 5% of people who are car audio freaks. I love all the hours spent tuning a car, to listen to then..weather it be a sq, or a spl build. But lucky me gets to deal with the other 95% daily, get it loud, cheap. And not inside the car loud...out side the car loud...and what I posted will get you there, while allowing you to actually have something inside to listen to. I've had them so bad at the shop, 2 of the same cars had the same system, one dude said the other was "putting out more" so I pulled it in, loosened his licence plate a bit, and he swore I was the god of car audio. Then the other dude payed me to
                        " do to minze wut ya did to hiz" and I did the exact same thing, both left happy as could be

It's one of the small joys, like installing 4-15s, leaving all the stock
                        Speakers inside, and amping the 8 pa horns under the car
                        Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 07-10-2012, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Your in that 5% of people who are car audio freaks. I love all the hours spent tuning a car, to listen to then..weather it be a sq, or a spl build. But lucky me gets to deal with the other 95% daily, get it loud, cheap. And not inside the car loud...out side the car loud...and what I posted will get you there, while allowing you to actually have something inside to listen to. I've had them so bad at the shop, 2 of the same cars had the same system, one dude said the other was "putting out more" so I pulled it in, loosened his licence plate a bit, and he swore I was the god of car audio. Then the other dude payed me to
                          " do to minze wut ya did to hiz" and I did the exact same thing, both left happy as could be
                          OLD SCHOOL TRICKERY.......gotta love it. we have the same problem daily at our store.
                          SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
                            OLD SCHOOL TRICKERY.......gotta love it. we have the same problem daily at our store.
                            Go figure, we're in the same area. Gotta love black bike week, your really get to polish up on your "how do I rig this up, with out making it look rigged" skills....lol

You said something about kicker and jvc...guess y'all don't deal with shiflet&dickson

And your car is all I've heard about since cci two Thursday's ago. A group from my area went, all they talk about is the sharpie car
                            Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 07-10-2012, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Go figure, we're in the same area. Gotta love black bike week, your really get to polish up on your "how do I rig this up, with out making it look rigged" skills....lol

You said something about kicker and jvc...guess y'all don't deal with shiflet&dickson

And your car is all I've heard about since cci two Thursday's ago. A group from my area went, all they talk about is the sharpie car
                              speaking of black bike week.....we did a harley dresser system complete with sub, multi channel amp and second battery (4000 bucks) for a black guy that went down....

we deal with shiflet for metra and odds and ends stuff.....we use JL and hertz.

where are you and who you work for?
                              SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....

Comment

Wallace s.c. Pee dee customs. I saw your civic a few years back at scrap feat, we got thrown out of that show for taking the rides mag editor out to the campgrounds as he was shooting their bagged impala. We told him we had on bagged on 24s outside...we had it on the trailor with our bdropped 85 c-10 with a 22in computer in the dash. Right when we started to unload, pp made us leave. And rides shot that ugly ass sliver and green impala anyways for the magazine over the black one they had.. That's funny you said about the Harley. We sent one down too. J&m rocket system, with added lower faring speakers, 2 kicker 6.5's in the bags with 2 kicker cvt 8in subs. We had to get it painted, install the air ride, the dragger bags, ape hangers, and wite it all up in two weeks, just for the weekend... Now it's tore back down getting the engine and paint redone again, and I'll get it back for more lights and system
                                Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 07-10-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X