Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake Lamp Light Is On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB7tom View Post
    I am haveing the same problem everything works fine but everytime i hit the brakes the light comes on and stays on
    I have a similar problem and its because the plastic piece in one light socket has melted so the running light contact still touches the bulb contact and works but the brake light contact doesn't meet the bulb and doesn't. That may be your issue?

Comment

Originally posted by FizzupTK View Post
      Yes Ill Check the brake switch, for some random reason i thought it was behind the pedal.
      It is.
      Originally posted by Dynamic93-408 View Post
      Brake fluid level. Check that
      Quit telling him to check his brake fluid he just said it ain't that light.

I had this same punk ass problem with an old CB of mine... I replaced the third brake lamp, brown boxes, brake switch, cleaned all the connections with steel wool... That shit never went off. I finally said fuck all the dumb shit and removed the bulb out of the cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
        It is.

Quit telling him to check his brake fluid he just said it ain't that light.

I had this same punk ass problem with an old CB of mine... I replaced the third brake lamp, brown boxes, brake switch, cleaned all the connections with steel wool... That shit never went off. I finally said fuck all the dumb shit and removed the bulb out of the cluster.
        I know Im a Noobie But Is There like a forum Or pictures Step by step on how to do this and where is the Brake switches located? and the third Brake lamp... can u tell me where that is please ?! thank youuu

Comment

I have the same problem, my brake lamp light is on n I checked all the connection and there were great and has no rip or cut, but the light on the trunk, the left side does not work when you push on they brakes, the build are not Burt and the wiring is corrected.

Any clue?

Comment

i have my brake lamp on but all my brakes work lol so i dont care about it.

Comment

try replacing the cluster i had the same problem when i got a 91 ex wagon for a parts car i pulled the 160k cluster and put it in my 93 havent had the light come on since.

Comment

Having this problem, too. I haven't figured out mine yet, either. Will follow the suggestion of replacing the cluster although mine looks outwardly fine. Very frustrating!

Originally posted by Hmong-cb7tuner View Post
                I have the same problem, my brake lamp light is on n I checked all the connection and there were great and has no rip or cut, but the light on the trunk, the left side does not work when you push on they brakes, the build are not Burt and the wiring is corrected.

Any clue?

Comment

Did your original wiring look bad at all? Having a similar problem but everything looks good from outward appearance. Hope to make another JY run this weekend, so may try and grab a couple of those if that solved your problem.

Originally posted by 93smurf View Post
                  try replacing the cluster i had the same problem when i got a 91 ex wagon for a parts car i pulled the 160k cluster and put it in my 93 havent had the light come on since.

Comment

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
                    Did your original wiring look bad at all? Having a similar problem but everything looks good from outward appearance. Hope to make another JY run this weekend, so may try and grab a couple of those if that solved your problem.
                    everything was fine being my led bar on my spoiler was working i figured it had to be something weird my original cluster 250+k it was never on but speedo stopped working so i swapped a 93 lx cluster speedo worked but 3rd brake light was on as soon as i tapped the brakes getting out of the driveway. i pulled the 160K cluster and decided to swap for the hell of it and been 3 weeks since no 3rd brake light. so im convinced it was the cluster.

Comment

Got my headlight issue fixed which was a bad ground. That did fix the issue in that all of my lights are working, front and back. However, brake lamp light is still on. I did replace the sensor (brown box thingy) with two that I got from the JY, but that didn't work. I didn't try the box on the right as I don't have replacement for that one, and didn't make it to the JY this past weekend. Will try that and another cluster and see what happens. At least all the lights are working now. Glad yours got fixed.

everything was fine being my led bar on my spoiler was working i figured it had to be something weird my original cluster 250+k it was never on but speedo stopped working so i swapped a 93 lx cluster speedo worked but 3rd brake light was on as soon as i tapped the brakes getting out of the driveway. i pulled the 160K cluster and decided to swap for the hell of it and been 3 weeks since no 3rd brake light. so im convinced it was the cluster.

Comment

definatly gotta get a diffrent cluster if u were closer id send you one. got tons of them but it's getting harder to come across the 5 spd ones for me.

Comment

After thinking about it, I might just have one around here. I did have to replace a broken tail light when I first got the car, and the replacement one I got came with a cluster. Can't remember if I kept the original in the car, or used the one with the replacement. Have to dig around and see if I still have it. Plus, all my lights in the green SE are working properly, so I can always pull one from it and use it to test.

definatly gotta get a diffrent cluster if u were closer id send you one. got tons of them but it's getting harder to come across the 5 spd ones for me.

Comment

just be careful with it i find it's a ton easier to remove steering wheel,washer and signal switches before pulling it out.

Comment

It is like if that light on dash doesn't come on something must be wrong. All three of my Accords have this problem. I checked every lamp all third cyclops lights and still nothing. I just couldn't have 3 bad clusters. In fact I know it's not a cluster issue; on wagon barely used and driven by old people.
                              I'm thinking it is a wear problem..but all lamps work. Have you noticed that when you turn on the car and you are parked with no foot on brakes...all the self diagnostics on dash go on then off leaving ONLY the brake lamp out light on? That tells me it could be a sensor or contact...am I right? SO where is that little shit?
                              Last edited by SilverShadow; 01-29-2013, 01:49 PM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                              New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                              My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

lol- I thought the cluster you were talking about was the wire cluster that is on the back of the actual light itself (where the bulbs plug in). I did not think of the cluster in the instrument panel.

Thanks for the suggestion if I decide to go after the cluster you're talking about. I may give it a rest for a couple of weeks as I'd actually like to enjoy taking the car out for a drive, instead of it being in pieces all the time.

just be careful with it i find it's a ton easier to remove steering wheel,washer and signal switches before pulling it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X