Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake Lamp Light Is On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For mine, the only lights that stay on after the car is started is the brake lamp light (don't even have to press the brakes for it), and the ABS light. All of the lights are working now, so I'm at a loss as to where to go next. The car has 212K miles on it, but my other SE has 320K and does not have any electrical issues whatsoever (knock on wood).

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
    It is like if that light on dash doesn't come on something must be wrong. All three of my Accords have this problem. I checked every lamp all third cyclops lights and still nothing. I just couldn't have 3 bad clusters. In fact I know it's not a cluster issue; on wagon barely used and driven by old people.
    I'm thinking it is a wear problem..but all lamps work. Have you noticed that when you turn on the car and you are parked with no foot on brakes...all the self diagnostics on dash go on then off leaving ONLY the brake lamp out light on? That tells me it could be a sensor or contact...am I right? SO where is that little shit?

Comment

sometimes it's the sensor on the taillight. you can try cleaning it or replacing it with another one.

you can also try taking out the taillight bulb and checking the bulb socket for corrosion. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Smoked gauge cluster

Check all the other connections first. I had the same problem that ended up being a smoked instrument cluster board:
        1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

you can try the cluster it's something i would try like i said i had the same problem start car up no light on as soon as i hit the brakes it was on and stayed on. i had a replacement guage cluster to swap and i swapped it soo far no brake light door's all work when open. i havent changed tail lamp boards or bulbs just guage cluster. and that seemed to fix my problem.

Comment

So that board is in the cluster? Dash is a pain to remove. Then what do you do...replace with another board? But then how do you know that board won't fry too? Can the part be removed and repaired? a solder job?

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
            New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
            My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

dont know if it's soderable <if that's even a word lol. i just have soo many parts cars it's not worth my time to try to soder it just grab a new one. you dont take the dash out. pop off the guage trim after taking out the screws. take out air bag and steering wheel. phillips head to take off signal and wiper switch, then reach under cluster and pop off the GREEN connectors on the bottom. rock the cluster foward and there is another on top. it will pull out pritty easy putting it back in is a pita. if your not careful you will crack the lens. but it's not to hard to do.
              yes it's a plug in and hope for the best. i had to replace my original b/c the speedo stopped working. however the second one i swapped is the one that had the fried cluster that the trunk light would come on and stay on. since then i have replaced with a 91 ex wagon cluster with 160k and i have not had 1 single problem with it. everything works perfect no lights missing and most important of all not 3rd brake light idiot light.

Comment

I did replace all of the non working bulbs in hopes that would solve the problem. The left side lights (the ones on the trunk) did not work so I did try and replace the sensor with a couple I got out of the JY and that didn't fix the problem. I have not tried the right side, and that box looks different from the left side, so will go to the JY this weekend since the weather is supposed to be nice and try and snag a couple to see if that makes a difference. If not, I'll look into the cluster on the dash.
                Good news is that all the lights work appropriately, so the brake lamp light being on is just a nuisance at this point
                I really appreciate everyone's help with this.

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                sometimes it's the sensor on the taillight. you can try cleaning it or replacing it with another one.

you can also try taking out the taillight bulb and checking the bulb socket for corrosion. later.

Comment

My light would sporadically go off as well. Seems like my sub woofers rattling everything around were to blame

Comment

LOL! I doubt my stock stereo system can be blamed for my issues.

Originally posted by PistonHonda View Post
                    My light would sporadically go off as well. Seems like my sub woofers rattling everything around were to blame

Comment

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
                      LOL! I doubt my stock stereo system can be blamed for my issues.
                      :P disregard my two cents lol

Comment

Originally posted by PistonHonda View Post
                        :P disregard my two cents lol
                        HA HA my subs keep ratteling my bulbs loose in my tail lights i keep having to re tighten them every other day. other wise i get that annoying fast blink and no rear turn signal it did it to me going down the road n i almost got rear ended cuz the guy wasent paying attention when i was turning. popped the trunk pushed the bulb back in gave it a good turn and was on my way again.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                          Can the part be removed and repaired? a solder job?
                          Yes it can be repaired if you know what your doing.

How I fix the same issue with my black CB.
                          Before

The break in the lead

Used my multimeter to find the break

A little piece of wire and some solder and it was fixed

After

Comment

My dash brake lamp indicator would go on every now and then out of the blue. What I do is remove the cover from the passenger's tail light and take the plug from the black box out then plug it back in and it would be out for while. It would go on some time when my sub hit hard. I am too lazy to trace the path of the wires.

Comment

hey guys, I have the same issue, somebody is telling check the switch behind the pedal, one say the brown box and other says there is corroded. hope these informations will help me, I am up to do it next week and give you guys a feedback later.
                              私はフィリピン人

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareCB7 View Post
                                Yes it can be repaired if you know what your doing.

How I fix the same issue with my black CB.
                                Before

The break in the lead

Used my multimeter to find the break

A little piece of wire and some solder and it was fixed

After
                                I recently had my driver door not trigger the dome light or more importantly my alarm. I had No brake light problem with that cluster. With this new cluster that I took out before for this same reason the problem has come back.
                                I think this is the fix.

steve

Comment

Working...
                                X