Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Component Crossover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Crossover

Where to mount? I was going to cut the door speaker wires and run that into the crossover but there is no where to mount the crossover in the door. And unfortunately I did not see anywhere I could run wires through the door so I would be able to mount under the dash. Any help is always appreciated.

Yes you can mount it under the dash. Anywhere as long as it doesn't get wet or attract a lot of moisture.

Comment

no hes talking about a component speaker crossover.. meaning there are two sets of wires that need to go in through the door. one for the mid and one for the tweeter so mounting it in the car is out of the question. it needs to be in the door.
      unless you can find a way to run the wires through the factory door loom. trust me i tried its not easy!

first off what is it a two or four door, and what kind of component crossover is it(brand name such as alpine pioneer???) and how big is it, if you get me that info i can let you know where to mount it!!
      Last edited by Dom; 05-24-2006, 01:01 AM.
      .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Running wires through the factory loom is quite easy, once the door panel and optional power window/lock/mirror control box removed. For the most part, you could get away with putting it right above where you'd throw the mid, in place of the factory 6.5". As far as the tweeter, I would recommend dash or right in front of door handle, for ample clearance. Be sure to seal up the back of those speakers. Crutchfield sells rubber baffles to deflect water from the magnet. Good luck in your endeavors.

-Jay
        Former '92 LX 5-Speed Coupe Owner
        I will have another CB7 one day!
        Kenwood|Audiopipe|Kicker| DROK

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
          no hes talking about a component speaker crossover.. meaning there are two sets of wires that need to go in through the door. one for the mid and one for the tweeter so mounting it in the car is out of the question. it needs to be in the door.
          It doesn't have to be in the doors. you can run wires into the door and have the crossover somewhere else in the car.

Comment

There is a picture of mine, it's at the bottom of the door

Comment

Sorry to double post, but I would almost recommend throwing those boxes into someplace besides the door. Then you don't have to run all 6/7 wires throughout the door, just the components' leads.

-Jay
              Former '92 LX 5-Speed Coupe Owner
              I will have another CB7 one day!
              Kenwood|Audiopipe|Kicker| DROK

Comment

Originally posted by Dan89
                There is a picture of mine, it's at the bottom of the door

^^^thats where I plan to mount mine..probly in the next few weeks..since I will be using a 4ch amp to power the 2 component speakers and crossovers, and my 6x9's..the ideal place in my mind seems to be in the pocket of the door panel..this will keep it inside the car and away from moisture..
                -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
                  unless you can find a way to run the wires through the factory door loom. trust me i tried its not easy!

first off what is it a two or four door, and what kind of component crossover is it(brand name such as alpine pioneer???) and how big is it, if you get me that info i can let you know where to mount it!!
                  I have a 91 2dr LX I am running the kicker KS6.2 Component set crossover dims are as follows Length 5" x Width 2 1/2" x Height 1 1/2". I tried the door did not like it I found a spot underneath by the steering column but I could not run the speaker wires through. All help is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jay92accord
                    Running wires through the factory loom is quite easy, once the door panel and optional power window/lock/mirror control box removed. For the most part, you could get away with putting it right above where you'd throw the mid, in place of the factory 6.5". As far as the tweeter, I would recommend dash or right in front of door handle, for ample clearance. Be sure to seal up the back of those speakers. Crutchfield sells rubber baffles to deflect water from the magnet. Good luck in your endeavors.
                    Thanks I will try that. As for the tweeter I am going with the door flush mount. It looks good imo.

Comment

wow thats a good idea, never thought of putting the crossover there. i actually put the crossover inside the door. theres a spot where you could bracket the crossover to the door itself. i double check it to see if the windows and the bar hits it, but it doesnt. but hondatuner is probably a better idea. less work.

Comment

well...it isn't hondatuner's idea, it's my door panel...

the guy who installed my speakers did like this on my 89 accord, so I'm doing the same thing on my 93, and for the tweeter, don't go too fast with your knife cause you'll surely cut too far away from the circle of your flush mounted tweeter...just a warning

Comment

opps sorry about that, didnt notice.

Comment

For my tweeter I had a saw attachment for my drill...just picked the right size and went for it. It was mad easy.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                              For my tweeter I had a saw attachment for my drill...just picked the right size and went for it. It was mad easy.

I believe it is called a hole saw it will cut through the door panel easily but do not try to go throught the metal. It attaches to a drill. I have one which is what I will be using once I run my wires my kickers require a 2.5 inch whole.

Comment

Working...
                              X