Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

adapter plate for head unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adapter plate for head unit

1990 accord LX... wondering where the best place to get an adapter insert for the dash slot so an aftermarket CD player will fit. I know Fry's has a ton of them, but I've never looked there for the one for a Honda. Also same for the adapter you buy to wire in the head unit, I know it has a plug on it for the car side and a bunch of properly colored 3+ inch wires on it to hook it up.

If anyone knows where to look let me know, if not I may just try Fry's unless someone knows a place with a better price... I think they were about $15 new for the insert and $15 for the harness adapter.

thats a resonable price, most stereo shops charge like 25 for the kit and like 10 for the harness, try autozone, thats where i got mine from,

your local audio shop should also have them
    Members Ride

Comment

crutchfield? best buy?
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Got my adapter and harness free from Crutchfield when I ordered my head unit, so I assume they have them. I just have no idea which one it is or how much. Sorry I will say that the install was a pain and it could be easily stolen.

OT: BTW, cb7 center consoles kinda suck, especially the mounting of the head unit. I thought the CC of the 3rd gen preludes were great. Head unit was VERY secure (the front was nearly destroy when someone tried to steal it, but it didn't budge) and angled up, with plenty of room between it and the shifter. I got a HU with an adjustable faceplate so I could actually see the display, and made a bracket to move the shifter a few inches back, so I can use the radio, cup holders, and still shift.
        Last edited by Otto; 11-13-2006, 10:08 PM.
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Wal-mart, cheap but works.
          Jeff

Comment

Got mine from Crutchfield free when I bought my radio like Otto. Here's the link.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wL0GKCs...sp?I=120997888

They want $20 plus shipping. If Fry's has one, just by it and save some money. Or you could make a custom fiberglass mount for it

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

my stupid ass bought it from CC for 19.99 + tx

WATCH THE SPEED CHANNEL?...HATE NASCAR? SIGN THIS PETITION!!!
              Originally posted by jRbuMp
              No one hates black people like black people hate black people.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                Got mine from Crutchfield free when I bought my radio like Otto. Here's the link.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wL0GKCs...sp?I=120997888

They want $20 plus shipping. If Fry's has one, just by it and save some money. Or you could make a custom fiberglass mount for it
                I got mine from Crutchfield too, however, I notice that even after I installed the trim ring that came with the radio, I can still see the metal sleeve the radio slides into. So even though it looks like a clean install, it could be done better.
                1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Working...
                X