Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rewiring all the speakers to an Amp, impossible front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewiring all the speakers to an Amp, impossible front?

Hey guys,

Ok, so i decided to rewrire all my speakers to use an amp [ the sub (kicker 12" l5) was overpowering the speakers]. The rear speakers, no problem, but the front speaker [at least the driver side, haven't attempted the passenger side], how the heck do i get the speaker wire through car and onto the door?

I tried following the stock, but where the wires go into the car, the fusebox is right there. I dont really see any opening or anything, so i'm not really sure how to get the wire into it.

anyone have any suggestion [besides drilling a hole]

Thanks

bish[puppy]

p.s.
    I have a 93 cb7 lx and i bought the haynes manual [just in case that matters]
    Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Where are you trying to run the speaker wire?

From your door to the trunk?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
      Where are you trying to run the speaker wire?

From your door to the trunk?
      Yes, The amp is in the back, so i have to run the wire from the trunk to the front door. the wire is already at the front and neatly hidden, i just can't get into the door.

Comment

i came up with a ingenious way. I ran a cable through the dash board and onto one of the holding clips of the door panel. Is somewhat stupid cuz u acn see the cable when you open the door, but it does not affect the door nor the sound.

works like a charm. Both front speakers are like that. I wish Honda would have made it easier to run your own cable to the speakers but whatever works.

Now i have 4 speakers being powered by the amp + the sub, sweet.

Comment

One other way if you wanted it a tad neater is to just connect the wire you ran from the amp to the factory wire that runs through the door. Yes I know you won't have the bigger wire that you are probably running but at long as you aren't sending the speakers a great amount of power it should work fine and will be a little cleaner and less hassle than running the new wire.

Comment

nice suggestion but 2 things:

1: i see the cable on the door, but not where it comes out, so then that means i have to use a tracer to find the pair
            2: i already ran it this way, and to remove the door panel again and what nots, eh i dont mind

again, thanks thou

Comment

thats not a good idea, after awhile the speaker may become exposed and ground out. you can run the wire through the grommet that the other wires ran through, its not easy but if u take ur time its not hard.

but honestly, of all the thousands and thousands of cars ive worked on, ive never ran completely new speaker wire. unless ur running like high end, 150watt+ (which i highly doubt you would actually be running those type speakers) you should just use ur stock speaker wiring.

Member Ride Facebook
              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
              For Sale Thread

Comment

trust me, i tested these badboys out and the cable wont get damaged, at least not yet. my speakers are 220W, but i'm going to be changing those to kicker speakers and i know they need juice.

I would not mind connecting to the new wire to the stock, but like i said, to trace it and cut it. If i decide to sell, i'll just pull all the wiring out for the front and leave the stock.

I think i will post the stock wiring location, where the fuse box is [is right in the middle of where the wire enters] and how i did mine.

Comment

what speakers did you put in that are 220 watts? i think thats max power wchich is a bullshit number, your prolly gettin a max of 70 watts. and kicker speakers, ive put in before my friend has them in his crx. you dont need to upgrade the wires. what kinda amp are you running them off of?

Member Ride Facebook
                  XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                  SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                  For Sale Thread

Comment

I ran my front speaker wires under the carpet along the side of the car. If you remove the door sills you can pull the carpet up a little bit and run all the cable you want. I ran my power cable the same way.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

are you wanting to know how to pull it thru like this?
                      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

That looks like you drilled a hole which i wasn't trying to do.
                        Speakers are Pioneer 220W, the exact model i can't remember bu ti know is 220W 4Way
                        The reason i want to use new wire is because the stock is not pushing enough power to speakers. My 2 front speakers were being overpowered by the rear + subs. Now with the new setup is all gravy.

btw: did you drill a hole to get it through?

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy
                          The reason i want to use new wire is because the stock is not pushing enough power to speakers. My 2 front speakers were being overpowered by the rear + subs. Now with the new setup is all gravy.
                          running a new wire is not going to increase power to the speakers what are you using to power the speakers? just the deck or an external amp? you need at least 80-100w of rms power before seeing any loss in oem wiring
                          Last edited by 2.2litrebeater; 05-29-2007, 01:00 AM.
                          FA1

Comment

I Think Its Funny How People Talk About Hwo Shitty The Oem Wiring Is And It Needs To Be Upgraded But When Youre Puttin In A 4ch You Guys Are All About Reusin The Oem Wires

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy
                              btw: did you drill a hole to get it through?
                              no, there is a grommet on the inside of the car next to the fuse box, and one in the door jam. I used a wire coat hanger and pulled the wire up and through the grommet where it is shown coming out.
                              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X