Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bridging 4 channel amp to 1 single voice coild sub??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bridging 4 channel amp to 1 single voice coild sub??

Im wondering how in the world i would go about bridging a 4 channel amp to one 12" single voice coil sub?

pics? anything?
    Buy From
    http://www.rld-fab.com

Great Manifolds,Down pipes,Ect.

On most four channel amplifiers you will be able to bridge only two channels. You would be better off going with a two channel or mono block.

Comment

Yea most peeps go with a mono block as it works best with most setups.

I have a 4 chanel bridged and im looking to find a solid mono block.

Comment

Yes, i know all that i need help on how i bridge it
        Buy From
        http://www.rld-fab.com

Great Manifolds,Down pipes,Ect.

Comment

Originally posted by streetspeed607
          Yes, i know all that i need help on how i bridge it
          a simple 3 second search on google found this...

http://www.wikihow.com/Bridge-an-Amplifier

Comment

not a good idea, make sure that ur not gonna have too much resistance, ive messed up a 4ch in the past doing that.

Member Ride Facebook
            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
              not a good idea, make sure that ur not gonna have too much resistance, ive messed up a 4ch in the past doing that.
              well the issue is not "too much resistance" it would be running at an impedance to low. Most four channel amps will take a 2 ohm load per channel but will only be stable down to 4 ohms when bridged. You can run a four channel amplifier with two 4ohm loads bridged. So if you have a single 4 ohm load you would only be able to bridge two of the four channels on the amplifier and leave the other two bare. IE you are better off with a correct amplifier.
              Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 10-08-2007, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                On most four channel amplifiers you will be able to bridge only two channels. You would be better off going with a two channel or mono block.
                x2 or get a dual vioce coil speaker and bridge each channel to each coil

check your amp's ohm stability too. if you bridge it pararell (sp) you might drop the ohms too low and burn the amp. What ohm is the speaker 8 or 4?
                MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

use 2 channels for the sub and the other for the rears

also what amp is it specs or models number would be sweet

Comment

not enough resitance sorry.. lol you know wut i meant

Member Ride Facebook
                    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                      x2 or get a dual vioce coil speaker and bridge each channel to each coil

check your amp's ohm stability too. if you bridge it pararell (sp) you might drop the ohms too low and burn the amp. What ohm is the speaker 8 or 4?

that is my plan. i plan to run a Audiobahn 6004T(600RMS) with a 10 inch alpine Type R sub dual coil 4ohms on each coil...it should be a good match.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
                      5 speed(152,222) (2-2-08)
                      112 WHP and 115.16 torque

Comment

alpine type-r rocks, i got 2 12's

Member Ride Facebook
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                          alpine type-r rocks, i got 2 12's

yeah they hit hard....my friend had 2 12s and we hooked it up to my old school kicker amp. 450 RMS on each sub...we were outside in his car like 25 feet from his house and it hit so hard it knocked down one of his picture frames off the wall in the living room...it was amazing. i think i should be happy with 1 10 inch sub since i get a hook up from my buddy that works at best buy

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
                          5 speed(152,222) (2-2-08)
                          112 WHP and 115.16 torque

Comment

sweet sweet, i work at best buy so i already got tha hook up haha. but ya ive got an mrp850 on my 2 12s right now, each sub is wired to 4ohm and then paralleld at the amp (its a monoblock) putting it to 2ohm, gain is up about 50% no bass boost. i hit 124dB with that setup. im going eventually bump up to 2 mrp850s and run each sub at 2ohm, it'll hit hard as hell when i do that. right now its almost too loud, but it still sounds good. oh im also running sealed tuned boxes that are built slightly oversized.

good luck with ur system, oh and run a 1/2farad-1farad cap with it for those low notes.

Member Ride Facebook
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

what is the resistance on your sub? this will help you with your amp as you will need to figure out if it's stable. unless noted, most multi-channel amps can go no lower than 4 ohms when bridged.

Comment

Working...
                              X